Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-15-2015, 10:53 AM   #1
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-5 and Transcend Wi_Fi Memory Card

Is the K-5 compatible with the Transcend W-Fi Memory Card? I have been specifically looking at the "Transcend 32 GB Wi-Fi SDHC Class 10 Memory Card" on Amazon. I know that the K-5 has been defined as compatible with Eye-Fi, but supposedly Transcend utilizes a format that would operate in a similar manner?

Thank you ahead for any information.

09-15-2015, 08:31 PM - 1 Like   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$$ I made the mistake recently. It is brutal. In all honestly it will in fact create a wifi network and connect to my iPad...for about 20 seconds, and then it disconnects and one must go through the process of reconnecting. The worst part is that this is a known and expected issue. Very cool for the 5 pics it will transfer in the field, but too much time and work involved to make it worth while.
09-15-2015, 10:22 PM   #3

I have the 16GB version - it was a present. The short story is that its just too slow on a K-30. My plan is/was to put this into one slot on a K-3 and save small jpegs to it (RAW to a high speed card in the other slot). I would then pull the images off for 'instant gratification' for family and social media. (I won't have the funding for the K-3 until early next year so things will change...)
09-16-2015, 09:29 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ldj4549 Quote
DO NOT WASTE YOUR $$$$ I made the mistake recently. It is brutal. In all honestly it will in fact create a wifi network and connect to my iPad...for about 20 seconds, and then it disconnects and one must go through the process of reconnecting. The worst part is that this is a known and expected issue. Very cool for the 5 pics it will transfer in the field, but too much time and work involved to make it worth while.
So, is this an experience with the K-5 and the Transcend card?

---------- Post added 09-16-15 at 12:32 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kiberkli Quote
I have the 16GB version - it was a present. The short story is that its just too slow on a K-30. My plan is/was to put this into one slot on a K-3 and save small jpegs to it (RAW to a high speed card in the other slot). I would then pull the images off for 'instant gratification' for family and social media. (I won't have the funding for the K-3 until early next year so things will change...)
So, supposedly the Transcend 16 GB card will operate smoothly with the K-3 or K-3II, specifically the K-3 you have plans for?

Thanks to you both for your responses.

09-16-2015, 10:41 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by C_Jones Quote
So, supposedly the Transcend 16 GB card will operate smoothly with the K-3 or K-3II, specifically the K-3 you have plans for?
Since it worked on a K-30 I'm assuming and hoping it will work on a K-3/K-3II.
The issue maybe moot as it needs at least 45 mb/s write speed to be useful - this card doesn't have that speed.
12-15-2015, 05:11 AM   #6

transcend 16GB wifi

Talking about wifi cards I have have had 2 transcend 16GB wifi cards become unreadable in my K30 and I am beginning to think that they are unreliable. in both cases I lost some good shots. has anybody else had this experiance?
12-19-2015, 09:09 PM   #7
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Update. I now have my new K-3 ii (black Friday gift for myself). Nice integration with the K-3 ii recognizing the card in slot #2. It connects to my iMac without a problem. Haven't tried with my iPad yet. It transfers fine and all but it works at a S N A I L ' S P A C E. Done with it. Flu card on my x-mas list, saw them for like $50 on Amazon, as I told my wife...who is really disinterested by now.

12-19-2015, 09:55 PM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I received a Pentax Flu card with my K-3II when I bought it.