Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-25-2016, 02:31 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
I can't repair a Main Board

Hi there,
I need to replace the main board on my K5, but it seems very difficult to find a replacement in Ireland (new or second hand). Any suggestions? Cheers.

04-25-2016, 03:03 AM   #2
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi Ricky
Parts are not readily available - sometimes not even to authorised repairers. If you can find another damaged K-5, that may be your best option. How have you established that the fault lies with the main board? Is this a field you work in?
KInd regards,
Mark
04-25-2016, 03:49 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
I have a K-5 with a broken lens mount that is otherwise in working order. The GLS website indicates I can send it to Ireland for €35.
04-25-2016, 03:51 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

It would indeed probably be cheaper to buy a replacement K-5 or K-5 II, rather than trying to get yours repaired.

That said, since the K-5 II was only recently discontinued, it's possible that service centers still have parts. I'd get in touch with JP to see if they'd be able to get the part:
Contact Us - JP Service Solutions

I'm not sure if there's a dedicated service center in Ireland, but the above should be a good starting point.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
04-25-2016, 04:56 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Hi Ricky
Parts are not readily available - sometimes not even to authorised repairers. If you can find another damaged K-5, that may be your best option. How have you established that the fault lies with the main board? Is this a field you work in?
KInd regards,
Mark
I brought the camera to a few repair centers (not authorized) and all of them gave me the same answer, that it is the main board but its very difficult to get here.Thanks anyway for the help, probably the opt is to buy another body.
04-25-2016, 10:34 AM   #6
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi.
I also need another mainboard for a K-5 camera.
04-25-2016, 05:37 PM   #7
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by erikro Quote
Hi.
I also need another mainboard for a K-5 camera.
This poster may be of interest to you. (See above, and copied here
QuoteOriginally posted by Jens Lyn IV Quote
I have a K-5 with a broken lens mount that is otherwise in working order. The GLS website indicates I can send it to Ireland for €35.

04-26-2016, 03:42 AM   #8

He reads just fine; I got PMs from both.
05-05-2016, 01:35 PM   #9

Any luck, ricky?
05-05-2016, 11:05 PM   #10

Original Poster
I tested your camera yesterday and seems that with a little bit of effort can work even it has an issue with the lens mount. I might use it until I get a new K3II. Thank a lot Martin.
05-06-2016, 12:49 PM   #11

Yes, assuming no shipping damage, the only problem is lens-body misalignment. I couldn't achieve infinity focus with my lenses, and since the bayonet-mirror box screw threads have likely been stripped, I wrote it off; I have heard of other people repairing such damage successfully, but I didn't bother.

Good luck.