Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2016, 08:24 AM   #1

K-5 iis weird banding in HDR

HI
Have an issue with banding / strange tonal contouring in images taken in HDR mode with this camera. It is highly noticeable. Not all images, but enough to be irritating. I'm using the standard HDR setting, and this is not a lens issue, as the same images captured in RAW do not exhibit the problem. Anyone had experience of this. I didn't have this issue with the K-5.

Thanks

06-02-2016, 08:43 AM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by plooksta Quote
HI
Have an issue with banding / strange tonal contouring in images taken in HDR mode with this camera. It is highly noticeable. Not all images, but enough to be irritating. I'm using the standard HDR setting, and this is not a lens issue, as the same images captured in RAW do not exhibit the problem. Anyone had experience of this. I didn't have this issue with the K-5.

Thanks
what quality do you have the jpeg setting at? What custom image mode are you using?
06-02-2016, 08:55 AM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
what quality do you have the jpeg setting at? What custom image mode are you using?
I'm using highest quality jpg. Custom image mode natural I believe.
06-02-2016, 09:02 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Could you post a sample?

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-02-2016, 10:39 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Sample please... or it did not happen.
06-05-2016, 10:17 AM   #6

Original Poster
OK, I think I have solved the matter. I won't post a sample. This appears to be a long shutter effect in the sky, with the multiple exposures. Moving clouds etc. producing this effect. Will spare you the samples, suffice to say it's ugly, but now I know...