Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-15-2016, 11:19 PM   #1
Forum Member

K-5 instant review problem?

Hello guys and gals,

My trusty K-5 seems to be getting very slow at writing images to the SD card.

How long should it normally take from the moment you take a raw DNG image until the preview shows up on the LCD?

It seems like my K-5 wants to write ALL the images I take to the SD card before doing the 1 sec last frame review.

So for one image it takes about 1-2 seconds but for a burst of 5 images it could take 8 seconds. That is not very usable.

Has anyone else had this problem? Know of any fix for it? I have tested several SD cards and found the same behaviour by the way.

Hope someone has some clue of how to fix this.

Brgds,
Ro

07-15-2016, 11:44 PM   #2
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

This is normal. The camera can't multitask. But saving images takes more time if you use correction settings.
07-15-2016, 11:51 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by x-country Quote
This is normal. The camera can't multitask. But saving images takes more time if you use correction settings.
It can multitask but sadly is not programmed to do that.
07-16-2016, 12:15 AM   #4
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by roksonne Quote
So for one image it takes about 1-2 seconds but for a burst of 5 images it could take 8 seconds. That is not very usable.
Do you have geometric distortion corrections enabled in RAW+? Those add 1 second of processing time to each frame.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
07-16-2016, 12:32 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you have geometric distortion corrections enabled in RAW+? Those add 1 second of processing time to each frame.
Yes Adam, that was exactly it. Geometric corrections were enabled. Now it works as fast as it used to again. I'll fix those in LR instead

Thanks a bunch!

-Ro