Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
04-21-2017, 08:58 AM   #1
Pentaxian

The L Bracket - a study in elusiveness...

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

I'm looking for an L bracket that will fit my K5, with battery grip. I have searched everywhere - the best I can find is an Acratech universal plate, retailing at $249 - and I live in the UK, so add $$$ for import duties, shipping etc. Promedia Gear appear to have discontinued making their universal L bracket, according to an email from B&H, received yesterday.

Is their anything out there that people have come across that might do the trick, or am I fated to have to pay long bucks, as my father would say...

Thanks all.

04-21-2017, 09:12 AM   #2
Forum Member

Certainly a steep price. I do not personally own this one, but this one looks quite good: FITTEST FK5L L Plate L Bracket QR For Pentax K5 Body Only / Arca Compatible
or this one:http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112238761503?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageNa...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

---------- Post added 04-21-17 at 06:54 PM ----------

sorry, nevermind my post. Missed the part about batter grip...
04-21-2017, 09:54 AM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Mestos made one, you could try to track one down used. Not sure if they still produce them new.

Pentax D-BG4 and Mestos L-Plate - PentaxForums.com
04-21-2017, 02:51 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by -wikstrom- Quote
Certainly a steep price. I do not personally own this one, but this one looks quite good: FITTEST FK5L L Plate L Bracket QR For Pentax K5 Body Only / Arca Compatible
or this one:Vertical Shoot Quick Release Plate/Camera Bracket Grip fr Pentax K7/K5/KR/KX/K30 | eBay

---------- Post added 04-21-17 at 06:54 PM ----------

sorry, nevermind my post. Missed the part about batter grip...
Hey, don't worry - I appreciate you taking the time to reply!

04-22-2017, 01:02 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
I'm looking for an L bracket that will fit my K5, with battery grip. I have searched everywhere - the best I can find is an Acratech universal plate, retailing at $249 - and I live in the UK, so add $$$ for import duties, shipping etc. Promedia Gear appear to have discontinued making their universal L bracket, according to an email from B&H, received yesterday.

Is their anything out there that people have come across that might do the trick, or am I fated to have to pay long bucks, as my father would say...

Thanks all.
Promedia L bracket is back ordered not discontinued. I have used the L bracket on a number of devices with it on my K 1 at present. Might not be as pretty as the custom fit but sure is versatile.
RONC
04-22-2017, 01:16 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
Promedia L bracket is back ordered not discontinued. I have used the L bracket on a number of devices with it on my K 1 at present. Might not be as pretty as the custom fit but sure is versatile.
RONC
I'm afraid this email from B&H tells a sad tale...

Dear Customer
Thank you for your interest in the following item:

ProMediaGear Universal L-Bracket (4")
(B&H # PRPLX4)
You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Product Availability Update

ProMediaGear

B&H # PRPLX4
Universal L-Bracket (4")

Thank you, The B&H Web Team B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders 420 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001, USA | Call: 212-560-3277 / 800-718-5999

Prices, specifications, and images are subject to change without notice. This is an automated email response and cannot be replied to.
To contact us by email, click here
04-22-2017, 01:26 AM   #7
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Assemble something your self along these lines:

Works okay with remote controller and slots cut in arms of L bracket to cater for battery grip. Ugly but works.

04-22-2017, 01:51 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
Assemble something your self along these lines:

Works okay with remote controller and slots cut in arms of L bracket to cater for battery grip. Ugly but works.
Thanks for your photo tip. Your rig looks VERY stable, which is what we're all after.
04-22-2017, 02:50 AM - 1 Like   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ha, lol sorry I didn't include the pictures of the guy ropes and cross braces. Works indoors on level ground and no wind.
04-22-2017, 05:18 AM - 1 Like   #10
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jeff Quote
I'm afraid this email from B&H tells a sad tale...

Dear Customer
Thank you for your interest in the following item:

ProMediaGear Universal L-Bracket (4")
(B&H # PRPLX4)
You are receiving this message because you asked to be notified when this item becomes available. We regret to inform you that this item has unfortunately been discontinued. Please check back on our website for similar or possible replacement items.
We apologize for this inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Product Availability Update

ProMediaGear

B&H # PRPLX4
Universal L-Bracket (4")

Thank you, The B&H Web Team B&H Photo Video Digital Cameras, Photography, Camcorders 420 Ninth Avenue, New York, NY 10001, USA | Call: 212-560-3277 / 800-718-5999

Prices, specifications, and images are subject to change without notice. This is an automated email response and cannot be replied to.
To contact us by email, click here
I sent a note to Promediagear and asked about the bracket as it is listed as out of stock on their website.
Will let you know when I hear from them.
RONC

---------- Post added 04-22-2017 at 06:06 AM ----------

Promediagear response:

Hello Ronald,

The PLX4 L-Brackets will be available again in 2-3 months. I apologize for the inconvenience.

-- Best Regards
Tom Fudala | PMG | ProMediaGear | 708-263-4443
04-22-2017, 08:15 AM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rechmbrs Quote
I sent a note to Promediagear and asked about the bracket as it is listed as out of stock on their website.
Will let you know when I hear from them.
RONC

---------- Post added 04-22-2017 at 06:06 AM ----------

Promediagear response:

Hello Ronald,

The PLX4 L-Brackets will be available again in 2-3 months. I apologize for the inconvenience.

-- Best Regards
Tom Fudala | PMG | ProMediaGear | 708-263-4443
Thanks for finding out that the PLX4 L brackets are not discontinued. Good news indeed. I'll set a reminder to check back in a few months.

Once again, thank you so much. Much appreciated!

Jeff