Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-27-2017, 02:57 AM   #1

Photos: Albums
2nd curtain sync on non A lenses

I've been using my k5 for almost 4 years now but it is only now that I discovered that the option for 2nd curtain flash sync is disabled if non A lens is attached to the body. I do have one AF lens and a few manual A lenses and a non pentax external flash but I often times want to use 2nd curtain sync on my non A lenses
My question is Is there a work around on this? Also I am contemplating on buying another apsc pentax body.
My considerations are efficient focus peaking with tilting lcd and manual flash control for manual lenses addressing my flash issues on k5 and of coarse no known mechanical or hardware issues.

06-27-2017, 03:31 AM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I believe rear curtain sync uses P-TTL, which requires automatic aperture control.

As for replacement bodies, the K-3 would probably be your best bet, or the KP if you want the best image quality and don't need some of the features reserved for high end bodies (see comparison here). The K-3's shutter is rated as more durable, but neither body has any known QC issues.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-27-2017, 09:37 AM   #3

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I believe rear curtain sync uses P-TTL, which requires automatic aperture control.
Thank you for the quick response
I happen to also own olympus epl2. and 2nd curtain sync works even with adapted legacy lenses. Its just that I prefer the image quality of my k5 and that is what this inquiry is all about. I wonder if anyone from this forum has tried using 2nd curtain sync with non A lenses.