Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-07-2018, 07:41 PM   #1
Pentaxian

K5ii LCD protectors - 2018

Staff note: This post may contain affiliate links, which means Pentax Forums may earn a small commission if a visitor clicks through and makes a purchase. If you would like to support the forum directly, you may also make a donation here.

So my K5ii GGS (glass) LCD protector did its job, but now I can't find a replacement that fits as well. I think my model was really for a K5 but it fit the K5ii just fine. I had the model with the black border with the thin silver stripe, and it fit just above the "Pentax" logo. The closest product I've found is a Fotga for the K5, which is larger than the GGS. What's larger about it is entirely the black border portion and adhesive - it turns my "Pentax" into a "Fotga" (covers the Pentax logo) but otherwise seems kind of okay and the price is right (less than $3.) I think it would be crazy to spend ten times that - if I recall the GGS models were around $7 back when they were available. I like the GGS and Fotga models having the adhesive just around the borders, but I haven't tried any other type.

There are lots of forum posts on protectors but they're mostly dated from the early K5/K5ii era so I'm looking for more recent experiences with what's available now. Maybe somebody has found a model for another brand etc. that fits a K5ii just right.

Thanks for any suggestions.

03-07-2018, 09:01 PM   #2

UK Seller, doesn't show shipping option to US but says to contact seller about options. Item is small enough that Royal Mail would probably work and not overly expensive.

GGS Larmor LCD Glass Screen Protector for Pentax K5 K7 DSLR Camera Uk seller | eBay
03-07-2018, 09:29 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
UK Seller, doesn't show shipping option to US but says to contact seller about options. Item is small enough that Royal Mail would probably work and not overly expensive.

GGS Larmor LCD Glass Screen Protector for Pentax K5 K7 DSLR Camera Uk seller | eBay
Thanks, I had seen that one, but hadn't pursued it given the US shipping comment. I think it's likely the the old GGS model isn't being produced now, but it's not possible to tell from the photo (not a Pentax of course.) I might email them and ask - thanks for the suggestion, I didn't know that mail might not be that expensive.
03-08-2018, 01:36 AM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Search "ACMAXX" on eBay. I've used them on my K-7, K-5, K-5IIs and my K-1. They only have the adhesive around the edges and can be moved or adjusted by heating them up a bit with a hairdryer (I've never had to do that, but nice to know that you can!). They have protected my screens and been very dependable. Also, they won't break the bank!

03-08-2018, 05:07 AM   #5
Seeker of Knowledge
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by K(s)evin Quote
Search "ACMAXX" on eBay. I've used them on my K-7, K-5, K-5IIs and my K-1. They only have the adhesive around the edges and can be moved or adjusted by heating them up a bit with a hairdryer (I've never had to do that, but nice to know that you can!). They have protected my screens and been very dependable. Also, they won't break the bank!
I've used them on my K 3 and K 3 II as well as my K 5 II when I owned it

I like their product

I have bought it off of Amazon

https://smile.amazon.com/ACMAXX-Screen-PROTECTOR-Pentax-Camera/dp/B015DTEA3U...eywords=ACMAXX

" There are TWO pcs protectors in the package. One for main LCD and another one for TOP LCD. "

if you use amazon, consider amazon smile and support a charity

Last edited by aslyfox; 03-08-2018 at 05:13 AM.
03-08-2018, 06:36 AM   #6
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Thanks for that suggestion - it looks more like the original protector that I broke actually. Interesting to know about the hair dryer too, I wouldn't have thought of that.
03-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #7
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Screen Protectors/Privacy Filters | protectionfilms24.com

03-08-2018, 08:12 AM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Try Expert Shield. They did a great job for me on my K-1 and K-01 and helped me find the right size for the K-01 (if they don't list the type you're after, e-mail them and they can help or sometimes make a custom size at low cost). They have protectors in plastic and glass. When I dealt with them, their customer service was great and they sent me a trial shield (which ended up fitting perfectly) to test.

Expert Shield Screen Protectors
03-08-2018, 09:03 AM   #9
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Search "ACMAXX" on eBay.
+1 on ACMAXX! I have their protectors on all 3 of my cameras, and love them. Mine show no brand name, yet let the Ricoh show on my K3.
03-08-2018, 12:19 PM   #10
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

ACMAXX for all my camera,s ACMAXX 3" HARD LCD SCREEN ARMOR PROTECTOR Pentax K5-II K-5-2 S K5II Mark2 K5IIS | eBay
03-10-2018, 06:25 PM   #11
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I have ordered the ACMAXX, thanks for all the replies.
04-08-2018, 09:39 AM   #12
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I've applied the ACMAXX. At least the current model does cover the Pentax name under the LCD. I'm very happy with it so far, although I have to qualify that by saying I haven't used it in heavy rain. Sometimes my other protectors have had rain seep in. I do like having the top lcd protected as well.