Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2018, 06:23 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
wifi card for k-5ii

Hello all,

any ideas what wifi card I can use with K-5ii?

I have read Toshiba FlashAir W-04 16 GB compatability specs and K-5ii is not listed.

https://jp.toshiba-memory.com/ww/compati/flashair/pdf/FlashAirW-04_Operation...evice_list.pdf

12-19-2018, 12:32 AM - 1 Like   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Any card should work with whatever device-agnostic standalone features it supports. There is no native Wi-Fi card integration with the K-5.

The flash air cards seem to be the current go-to as far as Wi-Fi cards are concerned, so I'd give it a spin.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
12-19-2018, 06:21 AM - 1 Like   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If you follow the links in one of the Amazon Q&As, you will get to a PDF that lists all the cameras - including the K5ii.

https://global.toshiba-memory.com/personal/flash/compati/pdf/flashair_c6.pdf
06-06-2019, 02:48 AM   #4

Just for the protocol, I just bought a Toshiba Flashair 32GB and it works perfectly with the K-5 as well.

06-19-2019, 08:53 AM   #5

QuoteOriginally posted by dekao Quote
Just for the protocol, I just bought a Toshiba Flashair 32GB and it works perfectly with the K-5 as well.
How is the speed? Does it transfer RAW or only JPEG?
07-24-2019, 10:30 PM   #6

QuoteOriginally posted by 5shot Quote
How is the speed? Does it transfer RAW or only JPEG?
sorry, just saw this. I will test this the weekend and update this topic
10-06-2019, 07:04 PM   #7

I tried it with my K5iis and it works and connects to an app in a Nokia 7 plus. However I encountered issues when copying the files to my computer. It became corrupted and I had to use a EaseUs recovery app to retrieve the files. After that I reformatted it to a regular card before using the Toshiba app to reinitialize it back to a wifi card. Initially the Toshiba app wont recognize it as a valid wifi card to be initialized until I put at least one file in it. So many querks really. Beware of deleting files as well as I think it's what caused the card to be corrupted. I'm still using mine today if ever I wanted to quickly send files to the web.

11-28-2019, 05:00 AM   #8
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I'm looking for a wifi card and would like to have some insights on the best brand to buy. Can anyone give me some recommendations besides Toshiba as discussed here? I would also like to know if I can upload files to my computer like a regular SD card. Thanks.