Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
01-19-2019, 05:36 PM   #1

Light Meter - TAv Mode

Does anyone know if it is possible to turn on the light meter in TAv mode for the K-5ii?

01-19-2019, 07:53 PM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
If you’re asking whether it can shoot in TAv mode, yes.
01-19-2019, 07:59 PM   #3

Original Poster
I am asking if you can have the light meter display in the Viewfinder when in TAv mode.
01-20-2019, 02:07 AM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
You will only see the EV-bar if setting exposure compensation to anything else than zero.

01-20-2019, 02:40 AM   #5
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sutherland Quote
I am asking if you can have the light meter display in the Viewfinder when in TAv mode.
But the light meter would always display 0

What exactly are you trying to achieve ?
01-20-2019, 07:26 AM   #6

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pschlute Quote
But the light meter would always display 0

What exactly are you trying to achieve ?
I find it helpful to know how far off I am from 0. I don't mind under-exposing the image in certain settings in exchange for faster shutter speeds to account for motion blur (not camera shake).

Last edited by sutherland; 01-20-2019 at 07:59 AM.
01-20-2019, 08:34 AM - 1 Like   #7
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by sutherland Quote
I find it helpful to know how far off I am from 0. I don't mind under-exposing the image in certain settings in exchange for faster shutter speeds to account for motion blur (not camera shake).
Yes, but in TAv mode the camera will use ISO to give you a "correct" exposure ie "0" centred on the light meter. If you want to underexpose the shot then use exposure compensation when I understand the meter will show in the viewfinder (I don't have the K5 so cannot check myself)

or is your question related to a limit you have set for auto-ISO ?

01-20-2019, 07:13 PM   #8
Forum Member

If you’re in TAv mode, the K-5 will only show you the ISO value it has set (in place of EV+ or -) to give you the “correct” exposure based on your set shutter speed and aperture. If you use exposure compensation, you will see the scale simply showing the amount of compensation that you have indicated. If you’ve turned the electronic level on, you’ll see that instead of the EV scale.