Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-20-2021, 02:33 AM   #1

Green blurry images

Dear Pentaxions,

I make pics with a PEntax all my life, since a couple of weeks a own a second hands K-5II. An amazing tool!
But, when I make pics in Av, Tv or even TAv the images of landscapes are blurry, hazy and a lot of green. How comes? The white balance is balanced 0,0,0. Iso is on auto (100 - 800iso max).
Please, who can me advice working with the K-5 II?

PEACE

Herbz

Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5 II  Photo 
04-20-2021, 03:52 AM   #2
pid
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I think it is a custom mode of White balance. Your setting says: "manual" in Exif. If you dont find where to correct it, just set the body back (third Tab, nr. 3 last point)
04-20-2021, 04:12 AM   #3
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
According to your exif data you have set your white balance on manual (not necessarily a bad thing, but you have to adjust everytime the lighting conditions change) - > this could explain the color cast into green.

Are you shooting RAW (DNG or PEF) of jpegs straight out of camera? If you only shoot jpegs it is important to get the processing right from the start (push the right button of the 4-way controller and push the INFO button when you have selected your prefered preset to adjust settings to your liking) - > this might help with the hazy look

As for the blurry pictures there can be multiple reasons, many concerning shooting technique and too slow shutter speeds.
A possible reason for blurry pictures can be the combination of a certain shooting technique and SR though -> I sometimes move the camera fast into position, make a full stop and push the shutter button immediately, giving SR not enough time to react properly -> in that instances I get more consistently sharp images when SR is turned off. That said I am not unhappy with the performance of SR in general.

Last edited by othar; 04-21-2021 at 08:32 AM.
04-20-2021, 10:40 AM   #4
Pentaxian

As said, the greenish tint is a wrong WB setting. Set it on auto or use one of the preset.

For the blurry pictures, there can be many reasons. First, the old FA 28-200 isn't exactly the sharpest lens on earth, so don't expect the pictures to as sharp as ones taken with prime or modern zoom lenses. Secondly, the combination of FL, speed and aperture aren't always the best for sharpest. In picture #2, the 1/80 speed is a bit slow for a non perfectly still subject at a FL of 113mm. SR only works with your movement, it can't do nothing for the subject movement... Picture #3 was taken with an aperture of F/18, way too small to get a really sharp picture.

On picture #1 and #3, it looks a bit foggy. So I'm wondering if there wasn't some condensation on or inside the lens...

04-21-2021, 06:18 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for your advices and tips! I will add them to my methods.