Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-04-2022, 10:39 AM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Focus problem K5iis

Haven't had the camera out for a while. Today I can only get it to auto focus with the AF button on the back. Tried 3 different lenses. Same issue. In manual focus mode I do not get a green hexagon confirmation on focus. I do get a green hexagon focus confirmation with the AF button. But I do not get auto focusing by pressing the shutter down halfway. Did I screw up a setting or is it the camera?

08-04-2022, 11:59 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Check menu.....record mode 5/button customization....... Enable AF selects the back button AF shutting off the shutter half press. Disabled enacts shutter half press.

For manual if your camera is set to back button hold the button and turn the lens focus ring and see if the indicator lights up..... If set to shutter button half press the shutter button and turn the lens focus ring until the indicator lights up.

If you don't have a manual then here..... https://www.ricoh-imaging.co.jp/english/support/man-pdf/k-5-2.pdf
08-04-2022, 01:48 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
Thanks. Enable AF was enabled but disabling it, shutting camera power off then on did not enable shutter half press focusing. Turning camera switch to MF and using the lens focus ring does give the green hex focus to come on. Still unable to get back shutter half press auto focus. Must be a mechanical issue with the camera
08-04-2022, 09:27 PM   #4
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I had a kr with same issue. Shutter button was faulty. Had to use back button AF. KR not worth fixing but K5iis I personally would.