Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 7 Likes Search this Thread
08-21-2022, 11:46 PM - 6 Likes   #1
Unregistered User

Pentax, love.

Recent purchaser left speechless with wonderment.

08-22-2022, 04:52 AM - 1 Like   #2

I can understand his enthusiasm. Although I was using the 645Z I never had any interest in the APS-C lineup of Pentax, until I had the opportunity to purchase a fairly dirty, abused K5 at a local flea market just before the pandemic, I cleaned the camera and found a new focusing screen MF-60 as the one in the camera was badly scratched. I had the same wow moment as the Youtube poster for a camera released end of 2010. After the honeymoon phase with the K5 I terminated my 3th love hate relationship with Fujifilm.
In short time a couple of other used, new bodies and lenses came in. A good friend has the limited FA primes.... and I recently purchased a new DA 20-40mm Ltd. Although I have more modern iterations of the Pentax APS-C lineup the K5 with the 35mm "plastic fantastic" does a great job as an everyday snapper. The K3 III is at this moment one of the best cameras around with a gorgeous APS-C sensor and is my dedicated low light camera.
I wished I had discovered the Pentax digital cameras earlier. In the past I used the famous K1000 and the Z1.
08-22-2022, 03:07 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Always good to see more join the family. It's interesting to see so many reviewers nit pick against Pentax, because videos like that show it's not all about who has the best technical specs.