Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-29-2010, 04:23 PM   #181
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by pentaxmz Quote
If I wasn't so lazy, I would search your history of posts to see how you responded to criticism about forced DFS. It seems to me that many of you certainly don't care about this issue... so their may be some hypocrisy going on here. No I don't care about it, I have neither complained about it or praised it, I haven't said it's not required either.

>>Rain = water on lens = distortion.

Well technically I am not wrong. I was not referring to keeping the water off the lens. How does that equate with your formula above?

I'd like to see how you would prevent rain from getting on a shorter focal length lens (say 16mm); good luck with that. I don't use that length, ever. So your formula should be Rain might= water on lens (or whatever the symbol for might equal is). I use a waterproof bag with a hole cut in it for the lens and some rolled vinyl over the lens hood which effectively extends the hood, which of course is okay with a smaller than full-frame sensor.

And... how the heck does one multi-quote? I click the button but whether it is + or - makes no difference when I reply. You click the + on all the ones you want to quote, but then on the last one you have to click the "Quote" button, not the + button.

09-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #182
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
K5 is not in 3D !
and even worse...it's NOT a Barbie Cam!! (the doll not the "barbie" as in the thing some folks call a BBQ, we here in the US forgive such barbaric use of the language!! ")

*** fyi for your entertainment please....well, someone's maybe not yours or maybe, I cannot say for sure but Shirley someone will get a smile from this one ****

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLmgXk4RlOc[/yt]
09-29-2010, 09:13 PM   #183

That is HILARIOUS!
09-29-2010, 09:23 PM   #184
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
and even worse...it's NOT a Barbie Cam!! (the doll not the "barbie" as in the thing some folks call a BBQ, we here in the US forgive such barbaric use of the language!! ")
My 7-year old daughter has a Barbie Cam
Its actually a functioning digital camera with a 0.3 MP sensor and f/2.8 fixed focus lens (35mm equivalent, I think), pink colour with "Barbie" on the front.

She just "had" to have a camerat for her birthday......she's actually picked up some composition skills now..starting 'em young on photography...

09-29-2010, 09:36 PM   #185
Veteran Member

Okay, that video is hilarious! I have to agree though... for some camera in a barbie doll thats pretty awesome!
09-29-2010, 09:45 PM   #186
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
HOT SHOES are better than a HOTSHOE.
10-01-2010, 03:53 AM   #187
Forum Member

This isn't a K-5 bashing comment really, but its not a praise so I'll place it here.

It appears that Sony's implementation of the 16.2MP sensor (used in the A55, also with Sony's variant of SR) is having problems with heat buildup while recording video. IIRC, the videos are limited to 10 minutes each to address the heat buildup issue while using SR.

Anyone hear if this issue affects Pentax's SR implementation during video?

10-01-2010, 04:11 AM   #188
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Think it might be a bit premature to bash something before you've even seen it?

Just wondering.
10-01-2010, 04:35 AM   #189
Veteran Member

The d5000 only managed 5 min, so 10 min is good
10-01-2010, 11:35 AM   #190
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by AngryCorgi Quote
This isn't a K-5 bashing comment really, but its not a praise so I'll place it here.

It appears that Sony's implementation of the 16.2MP sensor (used in the A55, also with Sony's variant of SR) is having problems with heat buildup while recording video. IIRC, the videos are limited to 10 minutes each to address the heat buildup issue while using SR.

Anyone hear if this issue affects Pentax's SR implementation during video?
so it needs to be water cooled? or using hydrogen fuel cells to power a cooling system? Of course it also lacks the corresponding much needed internal moisture extraction system to avoid the condensation which will happen with every internal cooling system.

Shame on HoyaTax for leaving out that consideration...we need fuel cell cooling in the K-5...and they dare call it an advanced body without such a system...and really what could go wrong it they used potentially explosive LiPoly batteries side by side with compressed hydrogen fuel cells!!
10-03-2010, 05:03 AM   #191
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by melander Quote
The d5000 only managed 5 min, so 10 min is good
With SR it is 9 minutes without SR it is 29 or 30 minutes.
11-06-2010, 09:13 AM   #192

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So as the results start to roll in, surprise surprise - the K-5 has a killer value proposition-feature after all: Image quality!

Disappointing Sync Speed, AF points, etc., aside, this is kind of an ironic reminder of what's really important. It's too expensive right now, but a k-5 purchase is definitely in the plans.