Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2010, 02:55 PM   #61
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
What is with people who think that a FF Pentax is going to happen. My Grandparents every single day still talk about McDonald’s
coffee when it used to cost 10 cents a cup. You know why they talk about it so much? Because they can’t stop whishing it would
happen, it burns them up and they can’t get over it! They think they are getting ripped off and can’t see what it takes to grow a
coffee bean, import it, process it and make it into a cup of coffee.

Nikon and Canon both make FF, know why? Because, they can afford too. The lower line of cameras for both companies is their
bread and butter. Do you really think a smaller company like Pentax is going to spend millions to make a FF body then go out into
the real world market, up against the big boys? In this economy? Let’s say Pentax made one, but it matched the cost of a new D3…
you people would still be complaining.

K-5 seems to be a well rounded machine. I give credit to Pentax, just to be able to come out with that.

09-20-2010, 03:27 PM   #62
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fl_Gulfer Quote
I'll drink to that......
That's what I'm doing at this moment - it's cocktail hour here.

Jer
09-20-2010, 03:38 PM - 1 Like   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I'm gonna be bummed if this thing can't take a set into a corner and understeers like it had front-wheel drive . . . . . . oops, wrong forum.

I'm gonna be bummed if this thing has too much weather helm at 20 degrees of heel and pressure on the wheel nearly dislocates your shoulders . . . . . . . oops, wrong forum.

I'm gonna be bummed, if . . . . . wait, I'm not gonna be bummed at all. If - when the dust settles - I like the K-5, I'll buy one. If I don't like the new camera, I'll still have my money. Either way, my life's pattern will be unaffected.

Jer
09-20-2010, 03:47 PM   #64
Veteran Member

Well said Jer!

09-20-2010, 03:55 PM   #65
Forum Member

I also hate the K-5 not being FF because then there may be a slew of people selling their DA, DA* lens on the cheap that I can pick up Damnit Pentax!!!
09-20-2010, 04:03 PM   #66
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by JACOBY Quote
Are all we gonna do is complain the camera s is not in anybodys hands yet
Probably is but not allowed to say (beta testers)
09-20-2010, 04:13 PM   #67
Veteran Member

people wanted k-x sensor in k7 body. So they got one. Why complaining.

Personally i do not know k5 enough to complain anything, if it has good IQ thats enough for ME.

09-20-2010, 04:18 PM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PinarelloOnly Quote
What is with people who think that a FF Pentax is going to happen. My Grandparents every single day still talk about McDonald’s
coffee when it used to cost 10 cents a cup. You know why they talk about it so much? Because they can’t stop whishing it would
happen, it burns them up and they can’t get over it! They think they are getting ripped off and can’t see what it takes to grow a
coffee bean, import it, process it and make it into a cup of coffee.

Nikon and Canon both make FF, know why? Because, they can afford too. The lower line of cameras for both companies is their
bread and butter. Do you really think a smaller company like Pentax is going to spend millions to make a FF body then go out into
the real world market, up against the big boys? In this economy? Let’s say Pentax made one, but it matched the cost of a new D3…
you people would still be complaining.

K-5 seems to be a well rounded machine. I give credit to Pentax, just to be able to come out with that.

You don't think Pentax learned the mistake that Sony made by making the FF model and trying to compete? When it is economically viable, I think the day of FF model in Pentax will come. But it is the Canikon game they have to play. The next counter move by Canon would be to get the FF DSLR camera more affordable - that will force the others to follow. It would be very interesting indeed.
09-20-2010, 04:19 PM   #69
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I thought this thread sounded/read funny when I spotted it.

I'll be back to read more of it when the hands-on tests come out.
Maybe then I'll be able to formally complain?

JP
09-20-2010, 04:20 PM   #70
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kp0c Quote
Do any of the members that are complaining about AF actually have used the new Safox IX + system ? Cause I see a lot of people talking trash about the new autofocus system and I'm confused.
No point in saying "IF it can't focus it's not gonna be any good" I think we all know that.

EDIT: I haven't use it myself and for all I know, it could be crap, but hey, keep faith, it could also be a major breakthrough for Pentax!
The IX+ is going to have to be evaluated before an objective opinion can be made. Anything else at this point is subjective bullshit. I'm guessing it is better than the previous system or they wouldn't have used it in the K-5. At this point, its just a guess. If I wanted subjective b.s., I'd go over to Relative Humidity's site.

In the mean time:

BS
09-20-2010, 04:27 PM   #71
Site Supporter

In fact, we better get the meter out. This thread needs it.

09-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #72
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
You don't think Pentax learned the mistake that Sony made by making the FF model and trying to compete? When it is economically viable, I think the day of FF model in Pentax will come. But it is the Canikon game they have to play. The next counter move by Canon would be to get the FF DSLR camera more affordable - that will force the others to follow. It would be very interesting indeed.

As a consumer all this is not my concern. My concern is whether i am getting what i want in a system or not. For example lets say that sony did not make money on A900 A850 but the fact remains that an A-mount shooter could buy FF if he wanted.
Which is important.

Plus: A company should be able to handle little loss it shows company's strength. For example Sony if making loss on A900 A850 and still making NEX A55 cameras and not pulling out of FF shows how much strength they have.
09-20-2010, 04:28 PM   #73

7D vs K5....I just sayin.....what is the better camera? (looking at specs only) Pentax did not give us the 60FPS video great for slow motion stuff.
Does anyone know if the K5 has interval shooting? (time lapse)

I have been a pentax owner since 1975-ish but if I were to do it over again, Cannon 7D is more camera for the money.
09-20-2010, 04:41 PM   #74
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by mikemike Quote
Why is it only available in black?

Why don't they give as many color options and possibly lego options as the rest of the pentax line up.
You beat me to it. Can't say I care for the Lego options but color choice would have been nice Deal breaker..

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
I want a hot pink one! Love to take that sideline to rugby games! Probably get thrown out of the park.
I'll take a red one

sarc

09-20-2010, 04:48 PM   #75
Inactive Account

I'm still happy with my k10D.

Pentax's target market is pretty much "People who are too busy taking pictures to worry about upgrading"

Stop complaining and start taking more pictures lol