Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-17-2012, 06:30 PM   #556
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Cool, congrats on the accreditation, great shots there for indoor sports.

cmohr
Arrrrrrrrr.

03-17-2012, 07:13 PM   #557
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Got my first real floorball shooting today and scored an accreditation for all floorball games across the country so I'm off to a womens elit play-off game tomorrow with full credentials. It's still unpayed but you have to start somewhere and I'm really happy at the moment!

This game was the last home game for our local home team (my old team before I got benched too much and quit). The game was a bit meaningless as they are too far behind to catch up on the leaders and become a true pro club due to promotion. It's a really small town and the club lack any real economy but they got loyal players, like my old teammates so a second place finish is really great! This game sealed the second place finish as they won 3-2.

Well done with accreditation, nice shots.
03-18-2012, 02:02 AM   #558

Photos: Gallery
Got my first real floorball shooting today...
Another sport I must try to shoot some day. Probably not that familiar to many outside Scandinavia and maybe Central Europe. Good set!

Now, I'll bore you with another set of football shots - as some of you guys might already have guessed ;D
In response to the gorgeous set of surf pics from the sunny Down Under and to prove my point in a previous post about this land of melting dirty snow etc:

I may have added a slight touch of misery in the athmosphere in these shots in post, but the end result of the match was what we hoped for.
03-18-2012, 03:25 AM   #559
Pentaxian

Original Poster
That floorball goalie is in real danger. Looking forward to see more of that game. We don't play it like that overhere. Is this fieldhockey, but then inside? Since we use a different stick and ball for indoors hockey.

03-18-2012, 03:50 AM - 1 Like   #560
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
That floorball goalie is in real danger. Looking forward to see more of that game. We don't play it like that overhere. Is this fieldhockey, but then inside? Since we use a different stick and ball for indoors hockey.
It's hard to explain as it's closer to hockey in some ways. It's closly related to bandy (another big sport here played on ice) but without skates, inside, smaller rink and lighter equipment, hence the name "innebandy" that means indoor bandy. It's way more focused on skill with the ball than physicality compared to the likes of icehockey. The sticks are really light and plastic and you play with a really light hollow ball and it allows players to make skilled moves really fast.

Canada, Portugal and Poland are some teams on the rise and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets exported to more countries.

Highlights from a game. It's was hard to find anything decent on youtube and this still don't show much of the sport.

A clip from the sport in it's cradle, much have happened since then! They are talking about that "someday they are going to arrange a world championship in the sport". One guy answers that "I know tis will become a global sport" and he was correct.
03-18-2012, 04:00 AM   #561
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jppp Quote
Another sport I must try to shoot some day. Probably not that familiar to many outside Scandinavia and maybe Central Europe. Good set!

Now, I'll bore you with another set of football shots - as some of you guys might already have guessed ;D
In response to the gorgeous set of surf pics from the sunny Down Under and to prove my point in a previous post about this land of melting dirty snow etc:

I may have added a slight touch of misery in the athmosphere in these shots in post, but the end result of the match was what we hoped for.
I'm not bored at all by them! The "misery" really feels like spring time soccer in Scandinavia and makes them standout from the usual warm south look soccer got.
03-18-2012, 04:04 AM   #562
Pentaxian

Original Poster
It's hard to explain as it's closer to hockey in some ways. It's closly related to bandy (another big sport here played on ice) but without skates, inside, smaller rink and lighter equipment, hence the name "innebandy" that means indoor bandy. It's way more focused on skill with the ball than physicality compared to the likes of icehockey. The sticks are really light and plastic and you play with a really light hollow ball and it allows players to make skilled moves really fast.

Canada, Portugal and Poland are some teams on the rise and I wouldn't be surprised if it gets exported to more countries.
Great info, thanks. Never seen it before. It is a mix between icehockey and fieldhockey I guess. Played on the fiels of handball. Great sport!

And we have it overhere aswell and even a good team nearby.

I found this video.

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 03-18-2012 at 04:17 AM.
03-18-2012, 04:10 AM   #563
Pentaxian

Great info, thanks. Never seen it before. It is a mix between icehockey and fieldhockey I guess. Played on the fiels of handball. Great sport!
I thought I once saw some floorball from the Netherlands and I guess I was right. Found that you got an elite league over there too, but probably at a much lower level than the Swedish one. At least there are some good info: Nederlandse Floorball en Unihockey Bond - Homepage
Here in Sweden amateur floorball is often played as company health programs to get workers extra exercise. I'm trying to find a team to start playing again but it's hard where I live.

03-18-2012, 02:54 PM   #564
Pentaxian

Some shots from my first elite gama and oh boy those girls play a fast paced game so I barely got to breath. The lighting in that worn down arena was absolutely atrocious, I know now why they fight for a new one. It's far from the elite level of the team.

The game was a thriller! It was a third game of a 1-1 quarterfinal series and it ended 7-6 to the visiting Pixbo (white), Rönnby (orange) are from the closest city here. This was dramatic and I'm was amazed by the skill of the teams!

More pics at: 2012-03-18 Rönnby - Pixbo-Wallenstam - a set on Flickr

If you're interested in the site I shoot for: Bildsvep: Rönnby – Pixbo | Innebandysajten.se – För dig som älskar innebandy and Ny bortaseger ger Pixbo matchboll | Innebandysajten.se – För dig som älskar innebandy
03-18-2012, 03:26 PM   #565
Pentaxian

Original Poster
Some shots from my first elite gama and oh boy those girls play a fast paced game so I barely got to breath. The lighting in that worn down arena was absolutely atrocious, I know now why they fight for a new one. It's far from the elite level of the team.
Now we are talking! I love the sport!
03-18-2012, 04:41 PM   #566
Pentaxian

Now we are talking! I love the sport!
Those girls boiled with fighting spirit, oozed talent and showed a team spirit out of this world. It was an honor to stand by the boards and feel the energy.

Edit: I just saw that the winning team Pixbo links to my pics of the game. Nice to get some appreciation and exposure!

Last edited by VisualDarkness; 03-18-2012 at 04:49 PM.
03-18-2012, 04:58 PM   #567
Pentaxian

Original Poster
I've been to a Derby Roller Skate event today. Have to look at the pictures. But I will put something up in a few day's. Very exciting sport.
03-19-2012, 01:53 AM   #568

Those girls boiled with fighting spirit, oozed talent and showed a team spirit out of this world. It was an honor to stand by the boards and feel the energy.
You don't seem to have too much space behind the boards. The floorball venues (read: the gym halls) aren't too big so I would think that you're almost in the game trying to evade being hit by the bats and flying balls.
It's a extremely fast and tough sport. I've also played it (in a very middle-aged and ungraceful way) and found myself gasping for air after each couple of minutes' stint. Good and fun excercise, and I wish it would gain more popularity in Europe and even North America.

Last edited by jppp; 03-19-2012 at 03:14 AM.
03-19-2012, 02:14 AM   #569
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jppp Quote
You don't seem to have too much space behind the boards. The floorball venues (read: the gym halls) aren't too big so I would think that you're almost in the game trying to evade being hit by the bats and flying balls.
I actually filled the frame at 28mm with the fisheye here (read: really close to get a player over me). 120318_Rönnby_Pixbo-Wallenstam_23_AS | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
03-19-2012, 03:20 AM   #570

I actually filled the frame at 28mm with the fisheye here (read: really close to get a player over me).
Can't get much closer to the action than that. A couple of years back I was standing by a football pitch under a meter from the side line, and the ball was kicked hard right to my face from 2 meters. It took quite a bit of twisting and turning to get my one day old sunglasses to look how they're supposed to. That was actually 4 days before I bought my K-7 ;D
OT, I admit. But it can be painful sometimes to be a sports photographer.