Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
Game Girl

My daughter's team had a game today. The girl in white scoring here was one of the opposing players. I don't know the back story but the girl could play ball.

01-27-2012, 11:39 PM   #452
Banned

Original Poster
O wow that is a beautifull picture. I have no idea if it is also a sport for Paralympics, but if she is good she can come a long way.
01-28-2012, 01:45 AM   #453
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I have no idea if it is also a sport for Paralympics
Interesting. You know I originally didn't even notice her disability from dadipentak's photo until you made me look again.
01-28-2012, 03:01 AM   #454
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Interesting. You know I originally didn't even notice her disability from dadipentak's photo until you made me look again.
I did took photo's of some sports for disabled persons, so I'm well trained to see and discover what and where. Even then I do mis some of the things and only see them at home or so.

01-28-2012, 08:20 AM   #455
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
My bad--I'm prone to understatement at times.

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I did took photo's of some sports for disabled persons, so I'm well trained to see and discover what and where. Even then I do mis some of the things and only see them at home or so.
As a matter of fact, in their first game of the season, I didn't notice that she was one-armed until I worked on the photos.

Last edited by dadipentak; 01-28-2012 at 08:25 AM.
01-28-2012, 01:46 PM   #456
Banned

Original Poster
The lady's from Hungary got third place in the European Championship Waterfly and where very happy after the game.

I have to say that I did get a wet suit on taking this picture:

Still happy about it.

In the final between Italy and greece a change in the team of Greece.

Italy is the new European Champion Waterfly 2012. The men's final is tomorrow.
01-28-2012, 03:28 PM   #457

Ok, so Ron's subjects are a bit prettier than mine and his pictures a lot sharper, but here's some of my latest effort on hockey. For the record, I really don't like to shoot through the glass but there's little I can do about it...

Here you can see a reflection from the glass making the black pants a bit lighter

He shoots...

He scores! And he's the cousin of my kids ;D

And he gets a penalty.

All the elements of a hockey game were there...

...even the confusion over how many guys there should be in the penalty box

So, my project was to learn to shoot hockey, and this time I think I must be somewhat satisfied with the result. However, the glass makes the gear look bad because it takes away the sharpness and makes me envy those pristine pictures from Ron and so many other guys here.
Anyway, the game was a good one, the black team won and I found an idea of my camera settings. I'll continue with hockey, but I'll probably spare you guys from my lessons - unless I manage to catch something really special.
Even though it's -10°C outside the official football season of my son's U17 team starts on this sunday, so I'll be charging the batteries and hoping for a bright winter day instead of the usual gray overcast.

Last edited by jppp; 01-29-2012 at 11:36 AM.
01-28-2012, 07:32 PM   #458
Pentaxian

Very nice series. Caught the intensity of the game.

In NHL rinks there are holes cut in the glass for the photographers. So maybe take a cordless hole saw next time
01-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #459
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
So maybe take a cordless hole saw next time
01-29-2012, 11:07 AM   #460

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
So maybe take a cordless hole saw next time
Yes, that's been on my mind sometimes ;D
No holes in these halls, but they're mainly practice halls anyway.
01-30-2012, 01:17 AM   #461

Here are some pics from an AutoX

01-30-2012, 10:16 AM   #462
Banned

Original Poster
Carsports are not my thing, but I do like these. Still some nice contact with the drivers. I like to have that contact instead of only looking at some carbonfibercar.

Some amusement from the EC Waterfly: Djalita Cheerleaders

For the days of the finals there was a professional Cheering team to given some entertainement. Yelling defence...defence...defence or just Go Serbia...Go Serbia... or Yes Hungary...Yes Hungary so fun.

So nice to be able to take a movieclip.

Took a still out of it:

A little adjusting to it in PSE7. The frame rate of 25 is a little low for this sport I think. The amount of light was on the edge for filming with K-5 in this light.

And a picture: I guess my favorite Cindy

Last edited by RonHendriks1966; 02-10-2012 at 03:09 PM.
01-30-2012, 03:31 PM   #463
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Cheerleading Is the best Photography Sport!!!!!! Great Shot....
01-30-2012, 04:14 PM   #464
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"Kiesel Ride", love the bugeye. Nice shots for a Nikon D700.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 01-30-2012 at 04:57 PM.
01-30-2012, 04:24 PM   #465
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jppp Quote
Ok, so Ron's subjects are a bit prettier than mine and his pictures a lot sharper, but here's some of my latest effort on hockey. For the record, I really don't like to shoot through the glass but there's little I can do about it...

Here you can see a reflection from the glass making the black pants a bit lighter

He shoots...

He scores! And he's the cousin of my kids ;D

And he gets a penalty.

All the elements of a hockey game were there...

...even the confusion over how many guys there should be in the penalty box

So, my project was to learn to shoot hockey, and this time I think I must be somewhat satisfied with the result. However, the glass makes the gear look bad because it takes away the sharpness and makes me envy those pristine pictures from Ron and so many other guys here.
Anyway, the game was a good one, the black team won and I found an idea of my camera settings. I'll continue with hockey, but I'll probably spare you guys from my lessons - unless I manage to catch something really special.
Even though it's -10°C outside the official football season of my son's U17 team starts on this sunday, so I'll be charging the batteries and hoping for a bright winter day instead of the usual gray overcast.
Wow. they are tack sharp compared to my attempts! How are you doing that through the glass? I feel like the glass is making everything beyond a couple of meters mushy and undetailed so either it's my equipment, PP, different glass/lighting in the arena or simply that you got way better technique than I do.