Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-11-2012, 06:10 PM   #616
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
One of my pictures got in the sportssection today:

So I'm happy with my first outgoing with the new FA 31mm!
Nice one Ron! If you don't mind me asking, did you get paid? I'm in a dilemma where newspapers here "could use pictures I send in" but they won't pay anything to anyone outside their own photographers. I'm not really keen on giving away my hard work to newspapers that are making big money.

04-12-2012, 01:15 PM   #617
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
Being a Pentax club and not necessarily a 'photography only' forum I think it would be pretty useful to at least mention what lens and camera were used for any shots uploaded. Otherwise the pictures have almost no value as technical learning aids IMHO. People shouldn't have to ask what lens etc and wait for a day for an answer etc... IMHO..
I have exif inside the pictures and my lenslist as underwriting. Hope that is helpfull enough.

QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Nice one Ron! If you don't mind me asking, did you get paid? I'm in a dilemma where newspapers here "could use pictures I send in" but they won't pay anything to anyone outside their own photographers. I'm not really keen on giving away my hard work to newspapers that are making big money.
Well I descided not to complain about payment this year, since it will be the year to get a name in sportsphotography. This is only a regional paper and the news is not important for the paper (other sports are). So I need 25 more of these pictures to get my FA31mm payed back I should have bought a kitlens for this job
04-12-2012, 03:35 PM   #618
Veteran Member

I tired reading that with my browser and yours is the main one that shows up. It seems that only the exif of the 1st picture on each page is showing for me. It's probably my browsers fault I suppose.
04-13-2012, 12:14 PM   #619
Banned

Original Poster
SwimCup

I'm this weekend at the SwimCup in Eindhoven and that is for swimmers the last chance to get to the Olympics in London. The line-up is really fantastic, since from all over the world guys and girls came to this swimevent.

This picture is from yesterdays semi-final 100m freestyle women. On the left is Swedish Sarah Sjöström and on the right from the Netherlands Ranomi Kromowidjojo.

This one was won by Sarah, but the final today is won by Ranomi in a new world best time for textile swimmingsuit. Only the older suit from a few years back where faster. Line-up was really thrilling for this race, since I think that this will also be the final in London with the same Gold-Silver-Bronce result.

04-14-2012, 07:35 PM   #620

Nice shuut !
04-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #621
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Hope you dont mind this shameless newbie's first attempts. This is with the Tamron 70-200. I obviously have a lot to learn about apertures and shutter speeds and just about everything else. A little overwhelmed right now. I will have to stick to stationary objects for now.

Oh yeah ..... I saw only one other Pentax camera there. No clue what it was but everybody else had ginormous Canikons.

04-14-2012, 08:17 PM   #622
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rwfarnell Quote
Here are a couple of sets from this season lacrosse games.
All taken with the K5 and most with the Tamron 70-200, 2.8
Thanks for viewing,
Rob

I'll post 3 sets, different games and different lighting.
These are so sharp! The fact that I have the exact same gear proves that it is not all about the gear. This newbie has a lot to learn and your pics are inspiring me to learn. Thanks for sharing these.

Last edited by Sage97; 04-14-2012 at 08:34 PM.
04-15-2012, 12:44 AM   #623
Forum Member

Snowboarding. Very nice, partly overcast day.
Attached Images
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo 
04-15-2012, 03:59 AM   #624
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My first 2012 soccer shots. U10 action. K5 + DA* 60-250/F4. TAv mode.

First 3 shots: 1/1000s, f/7.1, ISO160.

A two-shot sequence:

4. 1/1000s, f/7.1, ISO500. Heavy crop. Didn't manage to prevent the goal.

The rest are 1/800s, f/6.3.

5. ISO320. Might have have been a good kickoff shot if the Referee had not got in the way.

6. ISO250.

The final two shots are a sequence. Both 1/800s, f/6.3, ISO200.

Dan.

Last edited by dosdan; 04-15-2012 at 04:44 AM.
04-15-2012, 04:05 AM   #625
Veteran Member

Lacross seems to be a fun sport but it's practically non-existent here
Ha. Everything you euro guys are posting is non- existent over here!
04-15-2012, 04:35 AM   #626
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I'm this weekend at the SwimCup in Eindhoven and that is for swimmers the last chance to get to the Olympics in London. The line-up is really fantastic, since from all over the world guys and girls came to this swimevent.

This picture is from yesterdays semi-final 100m freestyle women. On the left is Swedish Sarah Sjöström and on the right from the Netherlands Ranomi Kromowidjojo.

This one was won by Sarah, but the final today is won by Ranomi in a new world best time for textile swimmingsuit. Only the older suit from a few years back where faster. Line-up was really thrilling for this race, since I think that this will also be the final in London with the same Gold-Silver-Bronce result.
Sarah!
QuoteOriginally posted by Sage97 Quote
Hope you dont mind this shameless newbie's first attempts. This is with the Tamron 70-200. I obviously have a lot to learn about apertures and shutter speeds and just about everything else. A little overwhelmed right now. I will have to stick to stationary objects for now.

Oh yeah ..... I saw only one other Pentax camera there. No clue what it was but everybody else had ginormous Canikons.

No need for gigantic Canikons and you proved it. Nice framing!

QuoteOriginally posted by morpho Quote
Snowboarding. Very nice, partly overcast day.
I just wish they were a bit brighter and maybe a tad warmer for my liking. Otherwise I'm jealous because I also want to shoot winter outdoor sports.
QuoteOriginally posted by dosdan Quote
My first 2012 soccer shots. U10 action. K5 + DA* 60-250/F4. TAv mode.

First 3 shots :

A two-shot sequence:

4. 1/1000s, f/7.1, ISO500. Heavy crop. Didn't manage to prevent the goal.

The rest are 1/800s, f/6.3.

5. ISO320. Might have have been a good kickoff shot if the Referee had not got in the way.

6. ISO250.

The final two shots are a sequence. Both 1/800s, f/6.2, ISO200.

Dan.
Wow, magic! I bet the children loves these shots.
QuoteOriginally posted by Deiberson Quote
Ha. Everything you euro guys are posting is non- existent over here!
Hockey, swimming and fighting?
Nah, you're correct that there is a different sport culture over here compared to America. Sports like lacrosse, baseball and American football are marginal over here with American football being the smallest. But actually the city here got one of the extremely rare "professional" teams in Sweden, too bad they barely got any opponents to face.
04-15-2012, 10:01 AM   #627
Banned

Original Poster
Sarah!
Well after this weekend I don't think that Sarah Sjöström will get more then Silver on the Olympics!
04-15-2012, 12:47 PM   #628
Banned

Original Poster
SwimCup: 50m freestyle women

The best number today was the final for women 50m freestyle where there was the struggle for the second ticket for the Olympics. Ranomi Kromowidjojo already took the first ticket and won today with 24.10 seconds (a new world best time in textile suits) and Marleen Veldhuis took the second ticket and beat Inge Dekker on this race.

1) Ranomi Kromowidjojo

2) Ranomi Kromowidjojo

3) Inge Dekker

4) Ranomi Kromowidjojo

5) Marleen Veldhuis

Also time for authographes from the lady's.
04-15-2012, 03:57 PM   #629
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice shooting, Ron--the last one is a splendid portrait!
04-15-2012, 06:14 PM   #630
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few U8 soccer pics from two games over the weekend - all shot with the K5 and Sigma 70-200 OS FLD