Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-01-2012, 04:43 AM   #976
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jppp Quote
You've been victimized by a never ending report about a junior football series from Northern Europe and as far as I've noticed, nobody has complained about it
It's been an engaging, serialized saga with a very happy ending--congratulations! As the photographer father of my daughter's teams, I can appreciate the effort that went in to this narrative. Well done.

10-01-2012, 05:25 AM   #977
Veteran Member

That locker room shot is golden, it says so much!
10-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #978
Banned

Original Poster
Some great entrys overhere. You play fieldhockey still on real grass, but you need to talk to the fieldmanager to cut it shorter! Nice shots.
10-01-2012, 09:05 AM   #979

QuoteOriginally posted by dadipentak Quote
It's been an engaging, serialized saga with a very happy ending--congratulations! As the photographer father of my daughter's teams, I can appreciate the effort that went in to this narrative. Well done.
Thanks! It's not often that I'm pleased with myself, but the decision to shoot every game this season makes me very happy. Worth sitting the 6.000 km in the bus with the team

It's been a good season: Gold for the U17 team, silver for the U19 team, and our elite team is only one point behind the leading two teams in their championship.

10-01-2012, 09:26 AM   #980
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I took what I think are some of my best sports shots yet this weekend. I still have some photos to process but here is my friend and neighbor winning the mountain bike race after he also won the trail run earlier in the day. He's an animal.
I put an old AF200 flash on a Cactus v5 in the tree to the left and mounted my Sigma flash on-camera (cool Cactus feature that I can have both).
K-5 & Tamron 28-75 2.8

10-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #981
Banned

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by mattb123 Quote
I took what I think are some of my best sports shots yet this weekend. I still have some photos to process but here is my friend and neighbor winning the mountain bike race after he also won the trail run earlier in the day. He's an animal.
I put an old AF200 flash on a Cactus v5 in the tree to the left and mounted my Sigma flash on-camera (cool Cactus feature that I can have both).
K-5 & Tamron 28-75 2.8

Well that is one nice image, taken on the right place.

I'm still not in favor for flashing during a real sportsgame, but I do see it more people doing.
10-01-2012, 11:37 AM   #982
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
You play fieldhockey still on real grass, but you need to talk to the fieldmanager to cut it shorter! Nice shots.
Thanks! Yeah, at this (high school) level, most teams have grass fields. It's a very different game on artificial turf. The length of the grass can vary quite a bit and, while I've sometimes suspected that there was a conscious effort to give the home team an advantage, I think it's mostly a function of weather and other variables.

Nice shot of the "animal", Matt!

10-02-2012, 10:47 AM   #983
Banned

Original Poster
Look I'm working!

This is fun, it's a videoreport from the last game off my hometeam and they put me in it:

PSV TV Online, Kijk je ogen uit!

It's short on 1'20"
10-05-2012, 02:52 PM   #984
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
This is fun, it's a videoreport from the last game off my hometeam and they put me in it:

PSV TV Online, Kijk je ogen uit!

It's short on 1'20"
Great Ron! Famous eh?
-------

Second hockey game this week and I shot with a heavy headache and fatigue so I only shot the second half of the game, but I like the results! Surahammar Blue Hammers (the local team i shoot for) won with 2-0 against the on paper much better nemesis team Enköping SK.

Link to the Facebook page where I've uploaded 58(!) pics.
And the game recap

Goal!

...and the celebrations.

It was a physical and very aggressive game, as usual. Look at the reactions on the bench in the first one.

The new goalie Stadjer was once again fantastic in a home game.

Refs doing the dirty work. No "Ice Girls here to do the shoveling like in NHL.

10-06-2012, 03:35 AM   #985
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The second shot of your goallie tops them all.
10-06-2012, 01:22 PM   #986
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The last shot is awesome, what is he doing... picking up teeth?.. Sorry... just had a flash-back. Slapshot is still one of my all-time favorite movies.
Seriously thou, nice hockey shots.
10-06-2012, 02:05 PM   #987
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by andre-mz5 Quote
The second shot of your goallie tops them all.
Thanks, I think so too! It's probably my best goalie shot all time.
QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
The last shot is awesome, what is he doing... picking up teeth?.. Sorry... just had a flash-back. Slapshot is still one of my all-time favorite movies.
Seriously thou, nice hockey shots.
Thanks!
I can't recall much from slapshot, haven't seen it in years. I remember that it's a good movie though.
10-06-2012, 04:03 PM - 1 Like   #988
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by VisualDarkness Quote
Thanks, I think so too! It's probably my best goalie shot all time.

Thanks!
I can't recall much from slapshot, haven't seen it in years. I remember that it's a good movie though.
It was pretty much one of those" Hey, I went to the fight`s and a hockey game broke out". The Hanson brothers were awesome, such a good sportsmanship attitude.
Sometimes entertainment is good.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 10-06-2012 at 04:09 PM.
10-07-2012, 06:46 AM - 2 Likes   #989
Veteran Member

Are motor sports OK? A demolition derby I saw on Saturday as part of the entertainment program at a local agricultural show. Many of the drivers were women.

Ambient light was very poor - about 1 LV out on the track if I was lucky. Sigma 70-200 HSM II. Most shots ISO 8000 and above, f2.8, 1/80-1/200 sec.

10-07-2012, 06:59 AM   #990
Veteran Member

Nice demolition shots!