Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-03-2010, 08:41 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I've always wanted to design a little SD card case that incorporates a 'grabber' somehow. These cards just seem so tiny when my fingers are chilled or arthritic, considering how much goes on them. There's plenty of room in there, but I'm always afraid of dropping the things.

Has anyone who finds the K-7 doors too tight for their fingers considered using like a little clamp or some kind of tweezers? I don't often have to change cards in the field, but it seems like a reasonable enough idea.
I don't change cards in the field at all (8Gb is more than enough for any given day) but I did use a long tweezer to get the card out when I first got the camera. Then I finessed my let it pop method well enough that it didn't launch the card across the room so I no longer need to use a tool to get the card out. Of course, the other option at the computer is to use the USB cable which I do often. I'm in no big rush to see anything and can do something else while waiting for the download.

10-03-2010, 09:37 PM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ratmagiclady Quote
I've always wanted to design a little SD card case that incorporates a 'grabber' somehow. These cards just seem so tiny when my fingers are chilled or arthritic, considering how much goes on them. There's plenty of room in there, but I'm always afraid of dropping the things.

Has anyone who finds the K-7 doors too tight for their fingers considered using like a little clamp or some kind of tweezers? I don't often have to change cards in the field, but it seems like a reasonable enough idea.
This might work. Go to your local auto parts store and ask for a Fuse Puller.

Depending on the car, some cars came with similar designed fuse pullers clipped onto the inside of the fuse box. My old Honda's had them. It may be worth just opening the door to the fuse box under the dash to see if there is one.
11-22-2010, 09:00 AM   #33

Just had the same problem with my newly purchased K7 refurb. It scared the crap out of me. At first the card wouldn't budge at all past the partial protrusion you get from the press-in spring mechanism. After messing around for several minutes and getting the card in and out (finally) several times, it seems as if the urge to try to force a finger behind the card as it protrudes might add to the problem. With my unit at least, if I apply a slight finger pressure from the front of the card only (slanting it back slightly) it seems to come out much more easily. I never had anything like this happen with my K10.
11-23-2010, 04:15 PM   #34
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
As it was mentioned earlier, most times, this "problem" will eventually lessen.
In my own case, this is exactly what happened with the K7 and I was rather upset at the beginning.
Now, the card slides out much easier.

JP

11-23-2010, 04:45 PM   #35
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I think I have the flick trick down now , 16 hrs into ownership!
11-23-2010, 08:40 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Agree it is a little tight and awkward but I have got used to it.
11-24-2010, 08:11 PM   #37
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Apparantly the SD cards were very very difficult to get out of all but one of the K-5's at the show, seems the card door wouldn't open. Looks like super glue is the new weather sealing technique being used by Pentax
Hahaha, that's funny