Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-02-2010, 07:39 AM - 1 Like   #1
Veteran Member

Pentax K-5 Web Site

I have not see a tread about this yet, I could be wrong but here then link to the official Pentax K-5 product

I see some graph of D-R and also a photo galery

In Japanese only

K-5?????????????PENTAX

10-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #2
Forum Member

A good website
10-02-2010, 08:06 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Some cool new features:

*ISO noise reduction can be custom set for each ISO step

*Save the RAW image when shooting in Jpeg mode after the shot is taken

*3 live view overlay grids

More pics
Google Translate

Last edited by enoeske; 10-02-2010 at 08:12 AM.
10-02-2010, 08:43 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bobmaxja Quote
I have not see a tread about this yet, I could be wrong but here then link to the official Pentax K-5 product

I see some graph of D-R and also a photo galery

In Japanese only

K-5?????????????PENTAX
Wow excellent site!!!
Many thanks !

10-02-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Some cool new features:

*ISO noise reduction can be custom set for each ISO step

Wow ! These are really cool features for a frequent JPEG shooter...

*One size fits all NR doesn't really cut it, especially if set on Auto ISO.

*The RAW saving of the last JPEG shot is useful for a JPEG shooter if you realised the last shot is a problematic one upon review, and there's no chance to retake the shot.
10-02-2010, 09:10 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
Now that's a cool feature. I might actually use JPEG slightly more often, with this capability.
10-02-2010, 11:14 AM   #7
Veteran Member

wow...Pentax Liveview has come a LOOOOONG way since the K20D. If I did not need tethering that improvement alone would be enough for me to upgrade a few months after release.

10-02-2010, 11:26 AM   #8
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
So it looks like DFS can indeed be turned off (see the other features section)!

??? | RICOH IMAGING

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
10-02-2010, 12:16 PM   #9
Veteran Member

hehehehe...Adam, somehow the shot of the body on ice NEEDS a bottle of Gentleman Jack next to it!! You know, to add some "class" to the over all effect? hehehe...

EDIT: HEY!! in that same shot...that is a NEW IR remote!! Looks a lot bigger and more than a single button...I wonder if it will work on "old" bodies like the K20D?
10-02-2010, 12:34 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
EDIT: HEY!! in that same shot...that is a NEW IR remote!! Looks a lot bigger and more than a single button...I wonder if it will work on "old" bodies like the K20D?
New WR remote .. have seen it advertised on a few sites here in the UK.
About the same price as the old one.
10-02-2010, 12:42 PM   #11
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
hehehehe...Adam, somehow the shot of the body on ice NEEDS a bottle of Gentleman Jack next to it!! You know, to add some "class" to the over all effect? hehehe...

It's the same O-RC1 remote as used with Optio W90 compact. The main advantage is that it's weatherproof. It's also multi-button, but no idea if the extra buttons have any function on the K-5 and/or earlier cameras.

I've asked a few times whether anybody's tried it with existing DSLRs, but no responses yet, and I've never gotten around to trying it myself.

As I noted in an earlier thread though, Pentax are indeed listing that remote as intended for use with the K-5.

Glad to see I'm not the only one interested in this -- I was starting to think I was alone in that. ;-)
10-02-2010, 12:47 PM   #12
Veteran Member

thanks knox!! Will keep fingers crossed...Pentax better know I am running out of fingers to cross though...I already feel like a I am in the reject bin at a pretzel factory!

BTW, we are never alone because "they" are always watching.....ALWAYS!!
10-02-2010, 03:48 PM   #13
Forum Member

I'm really happy with the sensor micro-adjustments for tripod work. I had wished they'd come out with this in earlier models, but I'm glad that they're pioneering it. It'll help out tripod shooters a lot, and I'm sure will attract many different types of photographers to Pentax.

Here is one feature that Nikon and Canon will probably never offer since they offer optical image stabilization.
10-02-2010, 04:01 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by hal_a Quote
I'm really happy with the sensor micro-adjustments for tripod work. I had wished they'd come out with this in earlier models, but I'm glad that they're pioneering it.
They did... The K-7 has the exact same feature, with the same range of motion (horizontal, vertical, and rotational), since it has the same sensor shift mechanism.
10-02-2010, 05:39 PM   #15
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
*The RAW saving of the last JPEG shot is useful for a JPEG shooter if you realised the last shot is a problematic one upon review, and there's no chance to retake the shot.
I'm glad you explained it, since I couldn't figure out the utility of this feature. Problem is, I still don't, since 99% of the time problems only show up on the big screen of the computer. And then it's too late.

For this reason I always shoot RAW. If I need to produce a JPG on the spot, I burn one in-camera. A great feature!