Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
01-18-2012, 12:16 PM   #361
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,736
Still a lot of good deal in Canada . Don and Aden still under $970 and 4 others under $1000
Pentax K-5 - Canada and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

01-19-2012, 02:09 PM   #362
Banned




Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Millstone,NJ
Posts: 6,491
K-5 body-only $750 at Samy's Camera!

QuoteQuote:
A a long time lurker--I'm taking Gollum in a cave with the One Ring-lurker, I'm glad I can finally contribute SOMETHING!

I don't know how long this will last, but Samy's has the K-5 body-only listed at $1049 with a $300 instant rebate and free shipping! $749 out the door unless you live in sunny California.

I FINALLY upgraded from my K100d and can finally participate in SDM 'debates!!
(Do I dare?)
K-5 body-only $750 at Samy's Camera!: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

QuoteQuote:
It was an internet pricing error, but they are honoring the price for anyone who ordered on-line. It will be a few weeks before the get more product in stock. The fact that they are honoring the price says a lot about the company. We will see how it all plays out, but it is a really good deal on a K-5.
Re: Sammy's close-out sale: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
01-23-2012, 05:31 PM   #363
Veteran Member
FrancisK7's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 474
Just paid 999$ for the K5 and 200$ for the Grip from Prodigital2000 (ordered by phone). They have the best prices in Canada.

1259$ taxes in with shipping for both.
01-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #364
Pentaxian
bobmaxja's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Laval, Quebec Canada
Posts: 1,736
Not true
Dons Photos, Henry, Aden all have better price+ you pay only 1 taxes if yu live in Quebec
Pentax K-5 - Canada and Cross-Border Price Comparison - photoprice.ca

01-23-2012, 07:02 PM   #365
Veteran Member
FrancisK7's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 474
I used prodigital in 2007 when I bought my K10D and a crapton of lenses... total order was close to 3000$. They have top notch customer service. They sold me the grip for 200$ and Don/Henry sell it for 280$, so I ended up saving anyway.

Prodigital/ CARMAN'S FOTO SOURCE also offer free UPS shipping. UPS Standard is 1 day to Montreal. Do the other competitors offer free S/H and competitive pricing on glass and accessories as well? Doesn't seem like it at all. If you're only buying the K-5 body and care about that 20$ you'll save, it might be worth it. But just by sampling the FA31, prodigital's the cheapest by far. 1115CAD on eBay. If you call in, since they save the eBay fee, you can probably get it for 1070 + GST and free shipping. That's AT LEAST 200$ cheaper than 2nd place in Canada.

TBH I just don't get it how they sell their stuff for such low prices.

Last edited by FrancisK7; 01-23-2012 at 07:09 PM.
01-24-2012, 08:07 AM   #366
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
QuoteOriginally posted by TigerLord Quote
I used prodigital in 2007 when I bought my K10D and a crapton of lenses... total order was close to 3000$. They have top notch customer service. They sold me the grip for 200$ and Don/Henry sell it for 280$, so I ended up saving anyway.

Prodigital/ CARMAN'S FOTO SOURCE also offer free UPS shipping. UPS Standard is 1 day to Montreal. Do the other competitors offer free S/H and competitive pricing on glass and accessories as well? Doesn't seem like it at all. If you're only buying the K-5 body and care about that 20$ you'll save, it might be worth it. But just by sampling the FA31, prodigital's the cheapest by far. 1115CAD on eBay. If you call in, since they save the eBay fee, you can probably get it for 1070 + GST and free shipping. That's AT LEAST 200$ cheaper than 2nd place in Canada.

TBH I just don't get it how they sell their stuff for such low prices.
Volume and no need for B&M costing. Carmens in store is likely different pricing, with prodigital costs being measured differently. no meed for salepeople helps as well. Call centers cost far less than in store salespeople
01-24-2012, 09:02 AM   #367
Pentaxian
aleonx3's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,888
QuoteOriginally posted by TigerLord Quote
I used prodigital in 2007 when I bought my K10D and a crapton of lenses... total order was close to 3000$. They have top notch customer service. They sold me the grip for 200$ and Don/Henry sell it for 280$, so I ended up saving anyway.

Prodigital/ CARMAN'S FOTO SOURCE also offer free UPS shipping. UPS Standard is 1 day to Montreal. Do the other competitors offer free S/H and competitive pricing on glass and accessories as well? Doesn't seem like it at all. If you're only buying the K-5 body and care about that 20$ you'll save, it might be worth it. But just by sampling the FA31, prodigital's the cheapest by far. 1115CAD on eBay. If you call in, since they save the eBay fee, you can probably get it for 1070 + GST and free shipping. That's AT LEAST 200$ cheaper than 2nd place in Canada.

TBH I just don't get it how they sell their stuff for such low prices.
Also, since they don't have a store front... it is not easy for people to abuse the try-and-return policy as in other stores. Only the genuine defective items are accepted for return; this also reduces the overhead (hence lower cost) over other stores that have to account for it. I have bought a few items from them before and everyone of them is brand new and very happy with the purchase. On the other hand, every time I purchased items from Adorama, they looked used and repackaged - three strikes they are out for me. The only reason I did not buy all items from Prodigital is because I am from Ontario (pst makes the difference).
01-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #368
Pentaxian
audiobomber's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Location: Sudbury, Ontario
Photos: Albums
Posts: 6,686
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Also, since they don't have a store front... it is not easy for people to abuse the try-and-return policy as in other stores. Only the genuine defective items are accepted for return; this also reduces the overhead (hence lower cost) over other stores that have to account for it. I have bought a few items from them before and everyone of them is brand new and very happy with the purchase. On the other hand, every time I purchased items from Adorama, they looked used and repackaged - three strikes they are out for me. The only reason I did not buy all items from Prodigital is because I am from Ontario (pst makes the difference).
Note that the policy at Prodigital2000 is no returns, exchange only.

Their prices on bodies is good, lenses not so much, and they don't carry a full selection.

01-24-2012, 10:24 AM   #369
Pentaxian
aleonx3's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,888
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Note that the policy at Prodigital2000 is no returns, exchange only.

Their prices on bodies is good, lenses not so much, and they don't carry a full selection.
"no returns, exchange only" good for them... I like that policy...
01-24-2012, 10:28 AM   #370
Veteran Member
FrancisK7's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Montreal
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 474
QuoteOriginally posted by audiobomber Quote
Their prices on bodies is good, lenses not so much, and they don't carry a full selection.
They have the best prices on glass by far, but it's true they don't have a full selection.
03-02-2012, 08:13 AM   #371
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
$955 CAD at Aden

** NEW **Pentax K-5 (Body Only)

$976.33 CAD at prodigital2000

NEW Pentax K-5 Digital SLR Camera Body Only 16MP 1080p | eBay

i think it's time i get a K5
03-02-2012, 09:27 AM   #372
Pentaxian
aleonx3's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Brampton, Ontario
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,888
Clicker, since you are from Ontario, try McBain in Edmonton, and contact them to match the price and shipping, and perhaps waive pst. The Internet sales person is very good. I also ask him to ensure the shutter count is zero. Good luck, you will enjoy the k-5.
03-02-2012, 10:25 AM   #373
Loyal Site Supporter
eddie1960's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 12,270
QuoteOriginally posted by aleonx3 Quote
Clicker, since you are from Ontario, try McBain in Edmonton, and contact them to match the price and shipping, and perhaps waive pst. The Internet sales person is very good. I also ask him to ensure the shutter count is zero. Good luck, you will enjoy the k-5.
Can McCain waive the tax shipping to Ontario? I know when GST and PST were separate they could avoid collecting PST since they didn't do business in Ontario, but they were required to collect GST. Now that we have HST I think they are required to collect it since it is submitted like the GST to the Feds and the feds split out the provincial $
Same as when you shopped cross border in the past the post office and courier would collect GST but PST was your responsibility to submit (like anyone ever did that aside from companies who would get chased for it)
03-02-2012, 05:33 PM   #374
Veteran Member
Chex's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The 'Stoke, British Columbia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,700
Better if you could have someone in Alberta pick it up/purchase it and mail it to you.. I guess I'm fortunate to have some friends/relatives in Calgary for that
03-02-2012, 06:41 PM   #375
Pentaxian
Clicker's Avatar

Join Date: May 2008
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,241
aleonx3, unfortunately eddie1960 is correct since the HST that "perk" faded away but Chex's solution still works or you can pick it up yourself BUT on a side note i'm still hoping i have some funds for the K5 after the Canon 5D MK3 comes, i cancelled ALL my other pre-orders for this because i have too much invested in Canon lenses and i'm getting too old to be a camera slut i need to start shooting seriously again and make my investments pay off in better images.

...but thanks for the suggestion.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sigma 105mm Macro price in Canada & Tamron 90mm DeniseH Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 5 08-31-2010 02:06 PM
WooWhoo -- Pentax Canada Price Drops :D :D and one price increase Jack Simpson Pentax News and Rumors 45 05-06-2009 10:10 PM
Raise of price DA*50-135 in Canada : I feel I want to cry Furansu Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 22 04-11-2009 08:53 AM
Another Pentax (Canada) price drop ... Jack Simpson Pentax News and Rumors 2 06-03-2008 12:42 AM
K20D and K200D Price Drop :) ... in Canada Jack Simpson Pentax News and Rumors 15 05-26-2008 07:44 PM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:10 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top