Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-16-2011, 02:19 PM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
It's about the time to sell my K-7 for around $400 (less than 4000 actuations) and get a K-5. I will contact prodigital2000 first; she gives discount for direct deal and no PST.
4000 actuation only? how long have you had the k-7? Mine is already 30k after 15 months.... Lucky for you guys, without having to pay PST; the k-5 is so tempting!

QuoteOriginally posted by spicy cho Quote
No PST buying from Henry's was a big incentive for me, ended up only being $50 with free canada post shipping. Couldn't resist, can't wait to get it!
Again, lucky for you guys from Alberta.... it is awfully close to my price level for the k-5... that means you guys will enjoy the k-5 (sooner than me anyway)

10-16-2011, 10:57 PM   #272
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
It's about the time to sell my K-7 for around $400 (less than 4000 actuations)
OMG I think I had that in the first 2 months of owning my K-5.. $400 for your K-7?? I am looking for a second body..
10-17-2011, 04:30 AM   #273
Veteran Member

Bit the bullet on the $999 K5 ... I miss the top LCD (a lot) and the extra thumbwheel ever since I sold my K7 (been using the KX since then, great camera but a little awkward to use after working with K5/K7).
10-17-2011, 09:42 AM   #274
Veteran Member

Can anyone explain the considerations in buying a K-5 from Henry's if you live in the US? Are there warranty or tax issues?

10-17-2011, 01:15 PM   #275
Banned

they are all sold out.. don't waste your time....
10-17-2011, 02:17 PM   #276
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Chex Quote
OMG I think I had that in the first 2 months of owning my K-5.. $400 for your K-7?? I am looking for a second body..
I have K-x, K-7, and 4 film bodies. For traveling, I only carry MZ-5N or MZ-6 with F50mm or DA40mm. Back in the film days, I don't think I would take 4000 pictures in 10 years.
10-18-2011, 01:20 PM   #277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dr_romix Quote
they are all sold out.. don't waste your time....
How's so? According to the folks at Henry's, they've got stock? (or at least they think they do )

10-18-2011, 01:53 PM   #278
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by vw_michael Quote
How's so? According to the folks at Henry's, they've got stock? (or at least they think they do )

they might have else where but not from their main online warehouse tho. I asked them the other day. You may need to wait for upto 14 days after confirming your paypal payment to ship from out of province warehouse to the one in Ontario and then ship it to you. I'd bite the bullet and pay extra $180 and buy from B&H unless you can wait for 3 weeks or so...just my 2 cents...
10-18-2011, 03:39 PM   #279
Veteran Member

Maybe I'm just lucky since I am semi-local (Eastern Ontario), but I called to order yesterday. Today got a tracking # from Canada Post, expected delivery date is tomorrow (shipment is coming from Toronto, which is their HQ location) - perhaps give them a call again if you really want one. This is the number I used: 1.800.461.7960. I would not be surprised if their out-of-province ordering is not as efficient, however. Good luck.

PS. With all due respect, I'm assuming you don't happen to work for B&H j/k

they might have else where but not from their main online warehouse tho. I asked them the other day. You may need to wait for upto 14 days after confirming your paypal payment to ship from out of province warehouse to the one in Ontario and then ship it to you. I'd bite the bullet and pay extra $180 and buy from B&H unless you can wait for 3 weeks or so...just my 2 cents...
10-18-2011, 05:59 PM   #280
Banned

Maybe I'm just lucky since I am semi-local (Eastern Ontario), but I called to order yesterday. Today got a tracking # from Canada Post, expected delivery date is tomorrow (shipment is coming from Toronto, which is their HQ location) - perhaps give them a call again if you really want one. This is the number I used: 1.800.461.7960. I would not be surprised if their out-of-province ordering is not as efficient, however. Good luck.

PS. With all due respect, I'm assuming you don't happen to work for B&H j/k

haha. no I don't work for B&H. I got a call today from them saying the order I made last week, someone in the HQ, assigned one camera for me before they ran out of stock, and they were going to ship it to me in few hours. around 730 pm, I got email from Canadapost with tracking number....
10-18-2011, 06:14 PM   #281
Veteran Member

Good stuff, that's two strokes of luck in the same day ... who got the 3rd one?

haha. no I don't work for B&H. I got a call today from them saying the order I made last week, someone in the HQ, assigned one camera for me before they ran out of stock, and they were going to ship it to me in few hours. around 730 pm, I got email from Canadapost with tracking number....
10-18-2011, 06:37 PM   #282

Photos: Albums
Canada to US, you only get 1 year warranty, and have to send it back to Canada if you need service. I got one from Prodigital when they first came out, and found this out then.
10-18-2011, 07:06 PM   #283
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vario Quote
Canada to US, you only get 1 year warranty, and have to send it back to Canada if you need service. I got one from Prodigital when they first came out, and found this out then.
I'm not sure if the US warranty is transferrable (the Canadian one is not for Pentax), but considering that if you don't end up paying any tax/duties, this new camera is still cheaper than what a used body lists for in the marketplace ($1000+paypal/shipping).

As of today, $1000 CAD = $983 USD (according to google).

But, having said that, I am glad I've got 3 years of local warranty coverage (2 from Pentax, 1 from credit card folks)
... it's a K5, after all
10-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #284
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by vario Quote
The same for folks purchasing from the US, 1 year International warranty (we have to get the official stamp from Colorado). I guess it all comes down to currency exchange rate and tax (if applicable).

I'm not sure if the US warranty is transferrable (the Canadian one is not for Pentax), but considering that if you don't end up paying any tax/duties, this new camera is still cheaper than what a used body lists for in the marketplace ($1000+paypal/shipping).

As of today, $1000 CAD = $983 USD (according to google).

But, having said that, I am glad I've got 3 years of local warranty coverage (2 from Pentax, 1 from credit card folks)
... it's a K5, after all
Congratulation on your new purchase of k-5.. I think the extended warranty using the credit card is extra sweet. Very tempting indeed...
10-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #285
Banned

I already talked to my AMEX in the U.S and even though I got mine from Canada, they will give me one extra warranty on the top of 2 years. Beside, my god father lives in Ontario and if any problem, I'll send it to him to take care of any issue for the first 2 years...