Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-04-2010, 04:58 PM   #1

Pentax Web Store will have K-5 in stock 10/7 or 10/8

Today I called the Pentax US Web Store and asked for K-5 availability, and they said the first batch shipped already and they are expecting the camera anytime, most likely end of the week.

Having the lower D7000 ($1,200) price I am reluctant to pay premium price ($1,600) right now, I think price will go down pretty quick, but I am tempted to place my order, what do you think ?, thanks

10-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Sounds like the the price won't go down until after the first shipment- so I wouldn't be too worried about paying that. If PWS is getting the K-5 on that date, so will B&H and Adorama, as they're probably using the same distributor.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com's high server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover those costs by donating. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:

10-04-2010, 06:41 PM   #3
Pentaxian

Calgary has them for $1498 in Canada.
Personally, I'm going to wait 'till spring.
I hate paying the early bird special
10-04-2010, 07:14 PM   #4
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
the more people prepared to pay the early bird special will keep the price up for longer... but i imagine once those 3 people have their k-5 then the rest of us can get it for a decent price

10-04-2010, 08:21 PM   #5
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
the more people prepared to pay the early bird special will keep the price up for longer... but i imagine once those 3 people have their k-5 then the rest of us can get it for a decent price
HAHA I think you're right!

I have to buy two units this year to upgrade my K20D kit and my budget is 3000CA, so I'll be working off a fixed budget. But that won't stop me from buying grips and focusing screens ahead of time. That's once of the best things about the K-5 using the K-7 ergonomics. Though I am a little skiddish about the katzeye's, just in case, they updated the viewfinder. That would be a devastating amount of money
10-05-2010, 03:55 AM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I always decide a price that I am willing to pay for a camera and then buy it when it comes to that without regrets, whether or not the price goes lower. The beauty of cameras (whatever Samsungian says) is shooting with them. The beauty of money is... nothing, but you still have to have it to eat and live.