Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2010, 12:03 PM   #61
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Holy crap we're like a bunch of 12 year old school girls waiting for Justin Bieber!

10-15-2010, 12:06 PM   #62
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Holy crap we're like a bunch of 12 year old school girls waiting for Justin Bieber!
Can you really blame us though? I mean, I don't think anyone here would have thought 2 generations after the K20d we'd be shooting clean images with asp-c practically in the dark!
10-15-2010, 12:27 PM   #63

Just had mine delivered and I'm now watching the battery charge.

Mine didn't have a protective film over the back display so I think these units might have been rushed to market. Coming from the K10d, I expect quite a step forward. Off now to read the manual..
10-15-2010, 12:42 PM   #64
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by scole Quote
Just had mine delivered and I'm now watching the battery charge.

Mine didn't have a protective film over the back display so I think these units might have been rushed to market. Coming from the K10d, I expect quite a step forward. Off now to read the manual..
I don't recall protective films on any of my Pentax camera bodies!

10-15-2010, 01:07 PM   #65
Veteran Member

I must admit: part of me was hoping the K-5 wouldn't live up to the hype, that there would be some problem I could point to and say, "that's a great camera, but what I have is just fine." Now I look at my camera, which is just fine, and then I look at the K-5 and think, "holy frickin' cow." Methinks some budget calculations are in order.

Thanks for the sample images.
10-15-2010, 01:12 PM   #66

that's funny true, yet funny
10-15-2010, 01:17 PM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by JonPB Quote
I must admit: part of me was hoping the K-5 wouldn't live up to the hype, that there would be some problem I could point to and say, "that's a great camera, but what I have is just fine." Now I look at my camera, which is just fine, and then I look at the K-5 and think, "holy frickin' cow." Methinks some budget calculations are in order.

Thanks for the sample images.

Unfortunately, I've been thinking the same thing. I've never been one to upgrade quickly. The fact that I'm typing this on a computer we got in 2004 should say something. But, I don't really like using a flash, and I wouldn't mind being able to use relatively inexpensive glass to shoot school sporting evens under the lights. I'd only need f/5.6 and still get 1/1000"...ouch!

Thanks indeed!

10-15-2010, 01:18 PM   #68
MCR
Inactive Account

I think that K-5 is more interesting
Great photos! THX all, I waiting for my K-5...
10-15-2010, 01:34 PM   #69

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Catalana Quote
from kittycat46..."The dreaded 1/100s Pentax shutter induced blur ?"

If you would have looked at the EXIF data, you might have noticed that the image was taken at 1/200sec.
So you mean the dreaded blur problem now also affects 1/200sec????
OH NO! PENTAX IS SOOOO DOOMMED!!!
10-15-2010, 01:41 PM   #70
JHD
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The K5 sure looks nice but I don't think there's a camera on this planet that will improve my photography.
10-15-2010, 01:56 PM   #71
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Please guys, let's not have any more of the bad pseudo science karma circulating here... it ain't conclusive and besides, I have closed the chapter on the K-7... no more Korean sensors for me...
I'm fairly certain we were both joking.
10-15-2010, 02:06 PM   #72
Veteran Member

DA 35mm AF sound?

Could someone take a video of the DA 35mm mounted to the K-5 and do a couple rounds of AF? I'd like to see how that lens sounds and get an idea of the K-5's AF speed.

Cheers!

- Jason
10-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #73
Zav
Pentaxian

I am now considering getting a DA-L 35 f2.4...
10-15-2010, 03:24 PM   #74
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JHD Quote
The K5 sure looks nice but I don't think there's a camera on this planet that will improve my photography.
That's SO WRONG...
The reason why your photography hasn't improved is because you're not shot enough... maybe the only free time you have is at night and you've never got decent shots at dusk or darker in the past.

Well the new K-r and K-5 will immediately address those two shortcomings... how about shooting at 6 and 7 frames per second and to die for clean high ISO shots...
10-15-2010, 03:28 PM   #75

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
That's SO WRONG...
The reason why your photography hasn't improved is because you're not shot enough... maybe the only free time you have is at night and you've never got decent shots at dusk or darker in the past.

Well the new K-r and K-5 will immediately address those two shortcomings... how about shooting at 6 and 7 frames per second and to die for clean high ISO shots...
Does the K-5 have better noise control over the Kr or about the same?
also how do you think the 7D noise is compared to the K-5? thanks