Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #91
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Raylon Quote
Meh, I am extremely happy with the colors it puts out. Nothing one or two little sliders in camera can't fix. Also I would much rather take the extra details and cropping power

I could honestly care less about 20 year old lenses. Why buy a $1400 camera and stick an old manual focus junker on it? I like my USM lenses that focus instantly...
See.. we all care about different things. "old manual focus junker", I am so sorry.

You should try some old junker Pentax glass, just be careful, might put your eye out.

Cheers, Mike.

10-15-2010, 05:42 PM   #92
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn. Quote
See.. we all care about different things. "old manual focus junker", I am so sorry.

You should try some old junker Pentax glass, just be careful, might put your eye out.

Cheers, Mike.
Haha that's my point. Pentax has awesome old glass, Canon, does not. I would love to pick up a 50mm F/1.0 though if I had the chance though.

And to deadwolfbones, who thinks I am trolling. I am not. I am simply stating my opinion, which I am entitled to. I like the colors on the 7D once I adjust a few settings in camera. My opinion. I don't care about old glass, once again, my opinion. Don't like my posts? Skip them.
10-15-2010, 05:48 PM   #93
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Haha that's my point. Pentax has awesome old glass, Canon, does not. I would love to pick up a 50mm F/1.0 though if I had the chance though.

And to deadwolfbones, who thinks I am trolling. I am not. I am simply stating my opinion, which I am entitled to. I like the colors on the 7D once I adjust a few settings in camera. My opinion. I don't care about old glass, once again, my opinion. Don't like my posts? Skip them.
I agree with everything here; however, I think the issue is your brashness, while possibly just light-hearted confidence, comes off as elitism.
10-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #94
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
I agree with everything here; however, I think the issue is your brashness, while possibly just light-hearted confidence, comes off as elitism.
Add on top of that I am 20, so you could still classify me as an ignorant a**hole teenager, and if anybody did, I don't blame them. My bad folks, I'll quit.

10-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #95
Veteran Member

Add on top of that I am 20, so you could still classify me as an ignorant a**hole teenager, and if anybody did, I don't blame them. My bad folks, I'll quit.
It's not a big deal. I'd be proud of a 7d if I had it. I've looked at one and it's a great camera. I just can't afford it. Therefore I can't afford a K5. When I'm in the market you can be sure I'll weigh all my options.
10-15-2010, 06:30 PM   #96
Site Supporter

NO, never give up.
10-15-2010, 06:40 PM   #97
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rory Quote
Great idea, Dad!
Haha good point, brother

But we'll have to share

anyhow so nice to see such tone of most users, that k5 and kr are making them to spread.

waiting for photos by frank and others.. guys do not sleep, eat or rest, go take pictures and please share!

by the way...

Is hoya putting their footprint on the lens hood?
I think it's a good sign.. what are your thoughts about it?

Last edited by Mystic; 10-15-2010 at 06:47 PM.
10-15-2010, 07:14 PM   #98
Veteran Member

That's an old hood. 35mm is just a 49mm thread and does not come with a hood.

10-15-2010, 07:27 PM   #99
Pentaxian

Calling Pentax's old manual glass "junkers" is a hugely ignorant statement, whether you prefer to use the lenses or not. The ability to mount legacy glass is a big part of the appeal of the Pentax system for enthusiasts.

I've got nothing against you personally, but think about what you're typing when you type it.
10-15-2010, 07:52 PM   #100
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
Calling Pentax's old manual glass "junkers" is a hugely ignorant statement, whether you prefer to use the lenses or not. The ability to mount legacy glass is a big part of the appeal of the Pentax system for enthusiasts.

I've got nothing against you personally, but think about what you're typing when you type it.
He did reneg on that and explain a bit. He just likes AF, and he admitted Canon legacy lenses are limited compared to Pentax.
10-15-2010, 07:57 PM   #101
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote

I agree but let's stay on topic here. I want to soak up reassurance that my decision to upgrade to K-5 (in a few months) is a good plan.

[Note: I'll be selling the K-7 to my son. ]
10-15-2010, 08:03 PM   #102
Veteran Member

frank or creampuff, how's the DA35 performing?
The pics taken with it look great so far.

edit:
Just noticed that you'll review it later in another thread.
Look forward to it.

Last edited by mickey; 10-15-2010 at 08:14 PM.
10-15-2010, 09:50 PM   #103
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by johnmflores Quote
Holy crap we're like a bunch of 12 year old school girls waiting for Justin Bieber!
Keep your daughters away from him he is bad news:

10-15-2010, 10:57 PM   #104

QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote
your canon 7d wont never ever compare favourably in any situation to the k5...sony sensor is stunning, at low iso the k5 , i mean iao 80-400 , will show far bette dr and less less noise...at hgh iso the k7 will be trashed away. canon once was the king of sensor due mostly to smart noise reduction, years after years is losing position.
be happy with your brick is still a good camera.
14 bit are paying a lot, and this is a smart choiche from pentax.
personallythe canon Iq is most of the time flawed by a poor color, i mean fake,rendition and color depth. in particular red and skin tone. show me one 1000 photos and ill recognize every canon 7d photos. faked color.
Although I have a 7D and 5D II, and WILL be buying the K-5 don't think that the 7D can't beat the K-5 at anything I am sure there will be a few things better on the 7D and from the high ISO that I seen on the K-5 is pretty much what I get on my 7D (I can post samples if you like) 5D II though is in a different level, now as far as fake and canon is no good well if that was so then I have no clue to why Jerry Ghionis, Yervant and many other Pros are using Canon, bottom line Canon is a great company as is Nikon and Pentax
10-15-2010, 11:16 PM   #105
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by SpartanWarrior Quote
Although I have a 7D and 5D II, and WILL be buying the K-5 don't think that the 7D can't beat the K-5 at anything I am sure there will be a few things better on the 7D and from the high ISO that I seen on the K-5 is pretty much what I get on my 7D (I can post samples if you like) 5D II though is in a different level, now as far as fake and canon is no good well if that was so then I have no clue to why Jerry Ghionis, Yervant and many other Pros are using Canon, bottom line Canon is a great company as is Nikon and Pentax
I am seeing basically what I already get in ISO performance from the 7D already from the K5 with the exception of the expanded options which are very noisy. I doubt AF tracking will be better on the K5 either. At 1599 it I'd direct competition and people will be deciding between the two. IQ at low ISO is up for grabs as the 7D is a lot sharper than the K7 with more resolution. Eventually I will be comparing both side by side but I don't see the K5 leapfrogging it right now as much as pulling up alongside in performance. Probably the K5 will have a slight edge in ISO and the 7D a edge on AF. 7D still has a massive buffer advantage for rapid shots and more lenses to choose from. I see things different as I have both brands but people are kinda going overboard in some comparisons. I think Pentax just caught up more than anything. Pentax just basically matched up to a year old camera. Eventually the professional reviews will have controlled studio samples so we can compare or users like myself will have both to shoot side by side.