Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2010, 04:06 PM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by SpartanWarrior Quote
Does the K-5 have better noise control over the Kr or about the same?
also how do you think the 7D noise is compared to the K-5? thanks
Yes to your question. But noise control aside, when you see the quality from the 14-bit RAW file at lower ISOs, it is breathtaking. 645D test images aside, I haven't seen such image quality previously from Pentax.
I seriously don't care about comparing with the Canon 7D or any other camera.

10-15-2010, 04:25 PM   #77
Inactive Account

from what i m seeing i can already give my point:

- k5 and kr produce the best apsc IQ in respective category.
-k5 is medum format comparing quality in many way, especially color depth and dynamic are amazing
-high iso is near d700 and no more than a stop from d3s
-14 bit are not a gimmick and im sure pentax has made a lot of test indicating that 14 bit were better choiche than 12 bit.
-high iso are amazing especially for the grain and the fact that color is the same from iso 80 to iso 6400
-iso 12800 is really usable.
-iso 51200 in band white cna be used.
-iso 80 s not really considered by many but im sure it will be amazing especially for nature photography compensating for dynamic loss with graduated filter, and also long exposure will benefit a lot
-one thing amazes me is the way the k5 files can PP. it seems that iso 1600 can take in some case 2 3 stop of pushing and still b really usable, and iso 100 has PP to spare.
10-15-2010, 04:27 PM   #78
Veteran Member

would you be able to post some iso 80 & 100 shots thanks, im very curious to see how it performs to the older models.
10-15-2010, 04:41 PM   #79
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Looks great. Enjoy your get together tomorrow. FYI. there are a number of videos starting to appear on youtube with the K-5.

This is my fav thus far.

10-15-2010, 04:45 PM   #80
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
I seriously don't care about comparing with the Canon 7D or any other camera.
Why? Afraid your brand new camera is gunna get beat in ISO performance by a year old camera with a smaller sensor and more megapixels? I am curious too, I would really like to see the comparison between the two. Guess we will have to wait for DPReviews take on it.
10-15-2010, 04:50 PM   #81
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Raylon Quote
Why? Afraid your brand new camera is gunna get beat in ISO performance by a year old camera with a smaller sensor and more megapixels? I am curious too, I would really like to see the comparison between the two. Guess we will have to wait for DPReviews take on it.
your canon 7d wont never ever compare favourably in any situation to the k5...sony sensor is stunning, at low iso the k5 , i mean iao 80-400 , will show far bette dr and less less noise...at hgh iso the k7 will be trashed away. canon once was the king of sensor due mostly to smart noise reduction, years after years is losing position.
be happy with your brick is still a good camera.
14 bit are paying a lot, and this is a smart choiche from pentax.
personallythe canon Iq is most of the time flawed by a poor color, i mean fake,rendition and color depth. in particular red and skin tone. show me one 1000 photos and ill recognize every canon 7d photos. faked color.
10-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #82
Veteran Member

Well I guess it's time to give my K7 to the kid!

10-15-2010, 04:55 PM   #83
Inactive Account

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews_data/pentax_kx/boxshot/pentaxkx-iso12800.jpg

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews_data/canon_eos7d/boxshot/canon7d_nrstand_iso12800.jpg

where are the color in canon 7d?
gone as detail.
kx shot preserve all the tonality and color.
and from the first shot the k5 is at least, and one stop better than kx, at least...better not posting the low iso. Dr has never been a strongest point of canon camera, the 5d2 is a sample...
10-15-2010, 04:57 PM   #84
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote

i have a k20 a k7 and i plan the 645d for which i have already bought 5 lenses.
i planned also the k5 and kr and keep the k7 as second body. but at this point would be hard during a shooting using both the camera. i think k7 with wide angle and k5 with tele would be a nice choiceh.
i think im converting my k20d to a full ir camera or sell it.
10-15-2010, 05:00 PM   #85
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Maybe he just likes Pentax. I could care less how the other brand are doing or performing.
This will change of course, if I ever decide to buy one of them.
How does your C***n handle them 20+ year old lenses?.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 10-15-2010 at 05:07 PM.
10-15-2010, 05:13 PM   #86
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
That's SO WRONG...
The reason why your photography hasn't improved is because you're not shot enough... maybe the only free time you have is at night and you've never got decent shots at dusk or darker in the past.
... so true ... That's why I wear sunglasses during the day....
10-15-2010, 05:22 PM   #87
Veteran Member

Come on....give the guy a break.
He's not a 7D user, as far as I know.

I am, one, part-time, anyway.....and from the photos I've seen I'm pretty confident the K-5 will lose NOTHING to the 7D in image quality.
10-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #88
Raylon

QuoteOriginally posted by jonny1986 Quote

where are the color in canon 7d?
gone as detail.
Meh, I am extremely happy with the colors it puts out. Nothing one or two little sliders in camera can't fix. Also I would much rather take the extra details and cropping power

QuoteOriginally posted by Ex Finn.:

How does your C***n handle them 20+ year old lenses?.
I could honestly care less about 20 year old lenses. Why buy a $1400 camera and stick an old manual focus junker on it? I like my USM lenses that focus instantly...
10-15-2010, 05:26 PM   #89
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Tony3d Quote
Great idea, Dad!
10-15-2010, 05:38 PM   #90
Veteran Member

Meh, I am extremely happy with the colors it puts out. Nothing one or two little sliders in camera can't fix. Also I would much rather take the extra details and cropping power

I could honestly care less about 20 year old lenses. Why buy a $1400 camera and stick an old manual focus junker on it? I like my USM lenses that focus instantly...
Your trolling is getting more obvious.