Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-15-2010, 03:01 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dylansalt Quote
I have seen shots just as sharp from a K20D - and all studio shots
Errrr... are you sure were looking at the same pictures here?

As a dedicated K20D owner, I can assure you there is nothing remotely close to this coming from a K20D sensor, regardless of the glass we stick in front of it it.

10-15-2010, 03:03 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Errrr... are you sure were looking at the same pictures here?

As a dedicated K20D owner, I can assure you there is nothing remotely close to this coming from a K20D sensor, regardless of the glass we stick in front of it it.
As a K20D STUDIO shooter, I will vouch for this!
Plus, they are Jpegs
10-15-2010, 04:16 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks for the link.

That's exactly the quality to be expected from a studio session. Of course, all too often not delivered. I am still waiting for the corresponding 645D samples

BTW, the K-7/K20D can do the same (except it's 14.2 rather than 16MP). I'm sure benjikan could provide similiar samples if he wouldn't keep the originals for his customers ...
10-15-2010, 04:19 AM   #19
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by axl Quote
now we just have to find some spare cash...
I have to agree axl. I'm finding my peanut butter sandwiches quite tastey, yes they are.

NaCl(and hot dogs for an extra special treat once a month or so)H2O

10-15-2010, 04:35 AM   #20
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
BTW, the K-7/K20D can do the same
The K-7 sensor actually ended-up with slightly more resolving power than the K20D pixel/pixel. However The K-5 has substantially more than the K-7 and K20D which is why I say there's just no way a K20D could keep up.

Well... maybe if we shot 6 images and stacked for supersolution, then maybe.
But then again... the K-5 would just come back with speedy 7FPS retaliation.

In any case, it looks like the K-5 ranks near the top in terms of resolution and DR.
I just wish someone could quantify that with some hard core numbers now...
10-15-2010, 08:02 AM   #21
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
BTW, the K-7/K20D can do the same (except it's 14.2 rather than 16MP).
I can provide studio images that are as sharp, but if I tried pushing shadows that hard, you'd see a lot of chroma noise in the shadows of my K20D pics...
10-15-2010, 08:11 AM   #22
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenyee Quote
I can provide studio images that are as sharp, but if I tried pushing shadows that hard, you'd see a lot of chroma noise in the shadows of my K20D pics...
I am with you on both statements made.

10-15-2010, 08:47 AM   #23
axl
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by NaClH2O Quote
I have to agree axl. I'm finding my peanut butter sandwiches quite tastey, yes they are.

NaCl(and hot dogs for an extra special treat once a month or so)H2O
LoL...
But I don't think even that diet would help me! After 43, 77, K50/1.2, FA*24, K10GP and K-x in one year, I'll have to work few overtime shifts before my savings will recover. Not mention baby on the way! Well, it looks like the K10 has still long future ahead (not that I would mind that much as I love it to bits)
10-15-2010, 09:21 AM   #24
Veteran Member

Well Frank and I and a quite a number of Singaporean Pentax users have just collected our K-5 cameras and I will say this, it just beats the crap out of the K-7 in just about every department. AF is just superb, LV will leave you amazed just how fast it is and the shutter is definitely quieter than the K-7!!!

Just a word of warning to potential K-5 users... buy the fastest SD card you can lay your hands on (ie. nothing less than Sandisk Extreme) and more importantly, forget about using your cheap and crappy lenses because you will quickly discover just how deficient they really are. Lenses you always thought were sharp enough in the past, you will now find just cannot make it in terms of sharpness.
10-15-2010, 09:23 AM   #25
raz

Impressive sharpness and detail in those portraits.
10-15-2010, 09:24 AM   #26

QuoteOriginally posted by creampuff Quote
Well Frank and I and a quite a number of Singaporean Pentax users have just collected our K-5 cameras and I will say this, it just beats the crap out of the K-7 in just about every department. AF is just superb, LV will leave you amazed just how fast it is and the shutter is definitely quieter than the K-7!!!

Just a word of warning to potential K-5 users... buy the fastest SD card you can lay your hands on (ie. nothing less than Sandisk Extreme) and more importantly, forget about using your cheap and crappy lenses because you will quickly discover just how deficient they really are. Lenses you always thought were sharp enough in the past, you will now find just cannot make it in terms of sharpness.
Will the DA* 16-50 2.8 work great with the K-5?
10-15-2010, 09:44 AM   #27
Veteran Member

ISO looks like a win, how is the AF and buffer for high speed shooting? And can the SDM motors keep up or are they a bottleneck?
10-15-2010, 12:54 PM   #28
Veteran Member

The pictures look great. I have spent some time surfing for K-5 high ISO examples and to me it seems like the K-5 is not better than K-r regarding noise. However, that is expected I guess due to the difference in MP. By the way......it's too early to conclude anything at all

Kind regards
.lars