Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 4 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rparmar Quote

Good if the user settings store more information than previously. On my K20D the very things I want remembered are not. Also, can the settings be named? With five of them I hope so!
Yes, you can rename all the default 5 USERn names as you wish.

I see no point of focus here so I cannot judge anything from the images. Everything seems soft from being OOF.
Hmm, these photos were taken in a very long exposure time (3min plus). I live on 20th floor, although I used a very sturdy tripod, but I can't guarantee there wasn't any shaking at all. Besides, this is just to test out the NR on/off effect on long time exposure

10-17-2010, 08:53 AM   #92
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Yes, you can rename all the default 5 USERn names as you wish.

Hmm, these photos were taken in a very long exposure time (3min plus). I live on 20th floor, although I used a very sturdy tripod, but I can't guarantee there wasn't any shaking at all. Besides, this is just to test out the NR on/off effect on long time exposure
Thanks for the test frank. Still, i need to see more long exposure test... so far, the test looks clean to me. i want to see a 30 mins or an hour long exposure. if possible. thanks.
10-17-2010, 09:05 AM   #93
Veteran Member

Everything seems soft from being OOF.
11-04-2010, 12:25 AM   #94
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
And here are the center crops of the above photos in the same sequence:

NR ON - JPG
NR ON - PEF converted to JPG
NR OFF - JPG
NR OFF - PEF converted to JPG
Thank you so much Frank! I've been waiting to see long exposures for a while!

Is it my imagination or are the NR OFF (aka no DFS) photos nearly or exactly the same as the NR on (aka DFS engaged) photos?

If so, this is amazing and quite possibly better than my results with my... um...dare I say it... Canon 50D! I honestly never ever thought this day would arrive. Am I being deceived? :-O

11-04-2010, 12:28 AM   #95
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kittykat46 Quote
You missed out two other possible limiting factors - your PC's graphics card, your PC monitor (especially if its an LCD type).
And also that the photos are compressed and converted to the web. Viewing jpg photos in this forum will never present a photo perfectly accurate. Hence, until I see the raw, the photo is just a partial representation.