Veteran Member

Opa.

Jason

11-04-2010, 09:19 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Asahiflex Quote
What's the source for that?
at leat two stores. One store does seem to have them but I do not think they will sell for € 1405,00. Ofcourse it could be that that is the second shipment.. AFAIK we have already seen two posts on a forum that "The shipment for NL/BE will arrive soon". I believe he two arrival dates suggested were somewhere last week and two days ago. However, no change in avalability on various sites...

Which ofcourse will mean that if the actual release of the K-5 + 18+135 kit is indeed on nov 26th, we won't be able to get our hands on it before mid january 2011.

Touch decisions to be made, I have pre ordered a L-5 + 18-135 but I do have a dim lit shoot before 2011 and my AF540 crasjed on the floor....
Now, what to do, order a second K-5 earlier so I have two of them or buy another flash, when maybe a new flash will come somewhere next year???

Ofcourse I could cancel the pre order, simply order body now and get the 18-135 when that is released but the way the Dutch distributor works, that might wel be mid march...

Last edited by janneman; 11-04-2010 at 09:26 AM.
11-04-2010, 10:40 AM   #123
Veteran Member

In all seriousness, the less I see of them here the better...cuts down on the temptation to plunk down 1100 euros for one when I can wait a few months and grab one in the States for hopefully around $1100-1200, which should equiv. to around 900 euros or less.

Jason
11-04-2010, 10:46 AM   #124
Pentaxian

Well in Belgium a store claims K-5 for direct sale for a very good price 1019 euro.
Pentax K-5 Body

11-04-2010, 11:06 AM   #125
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well in Belgium a store claims K-5 for direct sale for a very good price 1019 euro.
The street address seems to be in Switzerland so those within the EU should be prepared to pay VAT on import (?).
11-04-2010, 05:24 PM   #126
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
The street address seems to be in Switzerland so those within the EU should be prepared to pay VAT on import (?).
The imprint clearly states that legally, Belgian law or EU law for EU citizens, applies.
The company seems to be well known in Belgium and it seems they are serious. I've no own experience with them though.
11-04-2010, 05:44 PM   #127
Veteran Member

In France, Images Photo has some K5 (body only and Kits).
Better still : they are doing a 10% rebate on their whole products!!! Add to this the 150€ cash-back from Pentax, and I grabbed a brand-new K5+18-55WR for 1019€ today...

Sweet, no?
The shop I bought it from has still two left (Images photo Nīmes), and they told me Pentax Europe has warned them about a 3-4 weeks wait for the next batch delivery!
11-04-2010, 06:21 PM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
The imprint clearly states that legally, Belgian law or EU law for EU citizens, applies.
The company seems to be well known in Belgium and it seems they are serious. I've no own experience with them though.
The point is, if I ordered a K-5 from them it was sent to me from Switzeland I'd need to collect this from the customs and pay 23% VAT on top of the price. If, however, the K-5 came from within the EU there would be no extra cost to me. In other words this is worth checking out before making an order.

11-04-2010, 06:59 PM   #129
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jolepp Quote
If, however, the K-5 came from within the EU there would be no extra cost to me. In other words this is worth checking out before making an order.
EDIT:

You're right to be careful.
http://www.cinteff.be/nederlandscn/foto/digital-cameras/pentax/pentax-k-5/pentax-k-5-body.html
seems to be the same company, but their promotion price is less good. They have a Belgium imprint and include 21% VAT. Not sure for Switzerland then...

Last edited by falconeye; 11-04-2010 at 07:18 PM.
11-04-2010, 11:41 PM   #130
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Now in Norway

At least Fovi has it now (Fovi AS - Forsiden), and the price is good too. Except the 18-135 combo which is insanely more expensive than the body or the other kits - but maybe that's just a tentative price and will drop when they actually get it?

They now also have a price for the 645D. Ouch!
11-05-2010, 01:14 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
The shop I bought it from has still two left (Images photo Nīmes), and they told me Pentax Europe has warned them about a 3-4 weeks wait for the next batch delivery!
That might be for France alone. Maybe next shipment is only for Belgium and NL...
11-05-2010, 02:08 AM   #132
Forum Member

foto-erhardt.de has bodies for €1.240. Perhaps everyone's got them now.
11-05-2010, 02:09 AM   #133
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
That might be for France alone. Maybe next shipment is only for Belgium and NL...
Well, the guy explicitly said that the shortage was for all Europe...
As I had already bought the camera when he said this (we were chatting a little about Pentax), I'm pretty sure he was reporting something true (from his point of view, at least), and it was not some marketing "buy-it-now-or-never" trick...

But you're right, maybe this meant implicitly that Pentax just won't deliver any more K5 to France for the next 4 weeks because it is prioritizing other countries.
11-05-2010, 02:38 AM   #134
Pentaxian

But you're right, maybe this meant implicitly that Pentax just won't deliver any more K5 to France for the next 4 weeks because it is prioritizing other countries.
That would be a stupid thing to do since Pentax in France has a market percentage of two digits. IMHO it would be better to ship more bodies to France than to the USA, for instance.

(I'm still waiting for my K-5 to arrive in The Netherlands).
11-05-2010, 03:16 AM   #135
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by janneman Quote
Well, the guy explicitly said that the shortage was for all Europe...
As I had already bought the camera when he said this (we were chatting a little about Pentax), I'm pretty sure he was reporting something true (from his point of view, at least), and it was not some marketing "buy-it-now-or-never" trick...

It should and sounds logical as from you and other French reports it seems that some stores have the camera still in store, , which means more cameras were avaliable for France than there were actual pre-orders. So now Pentax needs to fullfill the wishes of those who have pre ordered in other countries first and in fact, why send a batch to France when there are still some cameras available??