Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-20-2010, 03:05 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Thanks JohnBee. Appreciate your kind efforts.

10-20-2010, 11:38 AM   #17
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JohnBee Quote
Having said that, I must say that the K-5 has not only proven to run with the best in terms of low light performance, BUT... its also proving to be one of those things, that leaves you scratching your head in confusion saying... 'is this right...' or 'I must have misread...'

The short story is, that I cannot match this output with my D700:
Thanks for posting these John, I have to say that I am absolutely and completely blown away by the K-5 high ISO performance, even on these small image files. Even more impressive is your comparison to the D700 (the irrefutable high ISO king until now). Now, it's early days as the DR and colour reproduction is just as important, but this makes me want to go out and buy a K-5 tomorrow.

I've been very impressed with my 7D's high ISO performance, blowing the doors off my K20D, but I'm quite confident that based on noise from samples so far that the K-5 will have better high ISO performance than the 7D. However, in order for the K-5 to be taken seriously, it really needed that extra something to make Canikon and their user base to sit up and listen.
10-20-2010, 11:57 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Big G Quote
Thanks for posting these John, I have to say that I am absolutely and completely blown away by the K-5 high ISO performance, even on these small image files. Even more impressive is your comparison to the D700 (the irrefutable high ISO king until now). Now, it's early days as the DR and colour reproduction is just as important, but this makes me want to go out and buy a K-5 tomorrow.

I've been very impressed with my 7D's high ISO performance, blowing the doors off my K20D, but I'm quite confident that based on noise from samples so far that the K-5 will have better high ISO performance than the 7D. However, in order for the K-5 to be taken seriously, it really needed that extra something to make Canikon and their user base to sit up and listen.
Canon 7D and the Nikon D300s still will probably be the best APS-C camera for sports shooting, especially if you like to spray and pray. The K-5 may take the image quality crown. Reminds me of how things were with the Nikon D300, Pentax K20D and Canon 50D when they were all the top offerings from each brand.
10-20-2010, 01:58 PM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Always good seeing real world pictures. And the output here, is better than I imagined