Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 05:37 PM   #136

Photos: Albums
Those in Adelaide: What store?

I know Ted's has Pentax. But last time I asked them about the K-5 (a couple of weeks ago) it wasn't even appearing on their system!

Anywhere else? Does anyone have a hands-on display in Adelaide yet?

I think it's ridiculous that Diamond's doesn't stock pentax DSLR's when they claim they're the premium camera store in SA! They may have to rethink now that the k-5 is getting top reviews! How can you claim to be the top camera retailer when you don't even stock the best crop DSLR on the market!!!

11-11-2010, 06:29 PM   #137
Pentaxian

Twin city cameras on Grenfell street Adelaide, has two K5's. - I had a good look at them even before their pentax Rep got the opportunity.

The only time I go to Ted's cameras or Diamonds is when I want to torture some young 20 something by asking a really difficult question. ( to which I already know the answer, I just do this for my private amusement)

I love that vacant,panicked look on their faces.

Last edited by Digitalis; 11-11-2010 at 06:39 PM.
11-11-2010, 06:33 PM   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by secateurs Quote
I think it's ridiculous that Diamond's doesn't stock pentax DSLR's when they claim they're the premium camera store in SA! They may have to rethink now that the k-5 is getting top reviews! How can you claim to be the top camera retailer when you don't even stock the best crop DSLR on the market!!!
Many think that it pays to take a more open-minded view on what defines "premium" or "top" claims with respect to any businesses market success and general appeal to servicing the public's needs and wants in their field.
The 'top' car dealer in the country might only sell Toyota brand for example, and not even stock one Ferrari for those who think faster is best.

So I suggest that should you disagree, and preferably have substance to back your claims, then it would pay to take the matter up with Diamonds, and don't hesitate to go to the ACCC too if you feel they breach the relevant fair trading Acts.
http://www.accc.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/142

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 11-11-2010 at 06:55 PM.
11-11-2010, 06:48 PM   #139
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
The only time I go to Ted's cameras or Diamonds is when I want to torture some young 20 something by asking a really difficult question.
I like to ask them to sell me a Monochrome SD Card -- and insist so that I can take B&W pix with my dig camera.

The reactions are gold...

.R.

11-11-2010, 06:55 PM   #140
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
I like to ask them to sell me a Monochrome SD Card -- and insist so that I can take B&W pix with my dig camera.
11-11-2010, 07:10 PM   #141

Photos: Gallery
I got one late wednesday from digitalfunstuff ,but haven't had achance to test it seriously. I must say that the shutter is very quiet and has virtually no shock that can be felt through the body. The viewefinder is fantastic ,nearly as large as my MZS. The build quality and ergonomics are excellent .I will hopefully have some photos to post soon.
11-11-2010, 07:12 PM   #142

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
Many think that it pays to take a more open-minded view on what defines "premium" or "top" claims with respect to any businesses market success and general appeal to servicing the public's needs and wants in their field.
"premium" and "top" are indeed very subjective terms. However, it doesn't bode well for them if someone comes into their store and says, "what about this new Pentax camera that I hear beats almost everything you have on display, for a much lower premium than some of the canikons?"

What are they going to say? "If you want the best value for money and best performing camera you'll have to go elsewhere"? If the k-5 gets too popular and they keep sending people away they won't stay the "premium" retailer for long!

Ok, so maybe my Pentax pride has driven me a bit over the edge here.
11-11-2010, 07:28 PM   #143
Forum Member

Photoco Camera House in Central Market has pentax gear and had K-5's Wednesday and Normally Photo Wholesalers on Hutt St Have Pentax Gear in stock.

QuoteOriginally posted by secateurs Quote
Those in Adelaide: What store?

I know Ted's has Pentax. But last time I asked them about the K-5 (a couple of weeks ago) it wasn't even appearing on their system!

Anywhere else? Does anyone have a hands-on display in Adelaide yet?

11-11-2010, 07:29 PM   #144
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Digitalis Quote
Twin city cameras on Grenfell street Adelaide, has two K5's. - I had a good look at them even before their pentax Rep got the opportunity.

The only time I go to Ted's cameras or Diamonds is when I want to torture some young 20 something by asking a really difficult question. ( to which I already know the answer, I just do this for my private amusement)

I love that vacant,panicked look on their faces.
Gold!!

This made me laugh
11-12-2010, 05:50 AM   #145

A couple of images

Just for fun

Typically testing the focus speed and my accuracy. Fired multi shots also at speed

Happy with the speed of focus and 7 fps is awesome!

Fossilo
Attached Images

View Picture EXIF
PENTAX K-5  Photo     
11-12-2010, 12:40 PM   #146

QuoteOriginally posted by Fossil Quote
A couple of images

Just for fun

Typically testing the focus speed and my accuracy. Fired multi shots also at speed

Happy with the speed of focus and 7 fps is awesome!

Fossilo

Is this one 'messed around with' in-camera?

I had a play with the editing functions - I like those too, probably won't use them but they do something the old camera doesn't

iso1600 1/125 f2.8 Toy Camera Filter
11-12-2010, 03:15 PM   #147
Inactive Account

Fossil, what did you focus on in the photo with the bee in it? It looks really soft on my screen?
11-12-2010, 07:48 PM   #148
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Got my K-5 from digital Camera Warehouse yesterday. Still playing - haven't managed to really compare it yet.
11-12-2010, 08:40 PM   #149

Bonovox

The bee is soft and it was in the middle of a bracket of 7 shots... F2.8 Center focal point.

The images were messed around in Lightroom 3.2 a little.
11-21-2010, 03:52 PM   #150
Pentaxian

It all smells like a witch hunt to me. I've bought from B&H and Adorama, and the only time I received an item that looked like it had been opened was from Adorama.

If both companies have good return policies then let's not panic here, the possiblity of receiveing opened items from either of these companies is real (and likely acciendtal), but if that happens either happily will swap them. Words on a forum don't alter the reality of that.