Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
12-17-2010, 12:06 AM   #211
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
mine has arrived and its sooo very nice.

no stains on sensor either.

12-17-2010, 12:41 AM   #212
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
mine has arrived and its sooo very nice
That's good news, now Iv'e gone a deep shade of green! How does it compare with what you had before? Go on make me even more envious!
12-17-2010, 01:04 AM   #213
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Impressed with CRK. Stained sensor body posted from Hobart am Monday and replacement body arrived pm on Friday of same week. You can't beat that for service. Body came with copies of my emails and assurance that the sensor has been checked and is OK.

Obviously Pentax is not going to let the stained sensor problem damage the K-5 image, and nor should it, as you kids say the camera rocks.

David
12-17-2010, 01:35 AM   #214
Veteran Member

that's good news David..at least you have the K5 for Christmas ...nice work CRK

12-17-2010, 01:51 AM   #215

QuoteOriginally posted by David Quote
Impressed with CRK. Stained sensor body posted from Hobart am Monday and replacement body arrived pm on Friday of same week. You can't beat that for service. Body came with copies of my emails and assurance that the sensor has been checked and is OK.

Obviously Pentax is not going to let the stained sensor problem damage the K-5 image, and nor should it, as you kids say the camera rocks.

David
Interesting, I spoke to them Friday a week ago (10/12) and their advice was to wait until the new year when they have stock. Yet they had enough stock to send you one.... Ah well, I am still enjoying and learning to use mine, I am just paranoid I am going to scratch it and replacement warranty will be denied (unlikely I know, but still aprehensive!)
12-17-2010, 03:50 AM   #216
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Ben78 Quote
Interesting, I spoke to them Friday a week ago (10/12) and their advice was to wait until the new year when they have stock. Yet they had enough stock to send you one.... Ah well, I am still enjoying and learning to use mine, I am just paranoid I am going to scratch it and replacement warranty will be denied (unlikely I know, but still aprehensive!)
I think there are two answers here. One is that the replacement body was taken from stock that was to be distributed: or two; that Pentax have sent some additional stock for replacement purposes. Whichever way I'm very happy.
12-17-2010, 04:57 AM   #217
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

This is some good news David.
Good to see also that the CRK reputation is taken seriously since a lot is at stake for Pentax Australia.
Anyone in Aus (from locally available stock) affected by the stain or string of pearls issue on the sensor yet?

12-17-2010, 08:50 AM   #218
Veteran Member

loving the camera - its so very nice to go from the K-x up to a real camera body :P

Sooo much to customize, its like 5 cameras in one really with all the user modes. I've got a weekend of shooting planned so should have some decent results soon.

So far i've only been setting it up and test shooting, nothing that is really photography.
12-17-2010, 05:13 PM   #219
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I finally succumbed and went to my local shop, I said to them I'll have a k-5 if you can get me one before Christmas. (I'm heading overseas just after that and will be sorely tempted to get one while away, so it will be better to get one locally and not have warranty and return issues , should the need arise). The shop manager got on the phone to CRK and told me 'your in luck, they are expecting a shipment tomorrow, I have reserved one for you, it should be here in the morning'. Terrific!

I called the next afternoon, to see if it had arrived. The manager told me 'I'm not sure how to tell you this, but it seems CRK opened the container to find that some/all the K-5's had been stolen!'

I'm sure he's telling the truth, as I have had it confirmed by another source, although he says it was only 5 units which were stolen (maybe 5 units was the complete shipment, who knows?)

It seems the K-5 is even popular with the criminal class. I have no idea if they were stolen in Oz, or en route, but be wary of anyone wanting to sell a cheap K-5 in a pub.

As for me, I'm still on the hunt for a K-5 and looking to sell of some sundry gear to pay for it.
12-17-2010, 07:25 PM   #220

What the?!?!? Ryda better not have had their allocated stock stolen... Bloody hell!
12-17-2010, 07:52 PM   #221
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noons Quote
What the?!?!? Ryda better not have had their allocated stock stolen... Bloody hell!
You get to stand in the bread queue.

Nah, stolen shipments has always been a long standing traditional "read it on the Internet" (long before the Internet) type of sales-spin cliché, esp at 11th hour pre-xmas seasons when demand for delivery can rapid escalate beyond reasonable expectations and can overtake even accelerated supply quantities. Take with liberal grain of salt until official proof or news is supplied.

With all the online scuttlebutt floating in the ether I was even a bit surprised to find DCW had ample stocks last week (although really should have known better at my over 15yrs age).

More comforting news is that CRK/Pentax seems to really have their finger on the big button too because they're even filling the replacement bodies problem surprisingly quickly for this heady time of year.

Have faith Grasshopper, Ryda are not a known sleaze-tailer. They'll come good.

"We just sold the last one 10 minutes ago, and I'd advise you to place your order now."
"Stock is due in on xxxxday, for sure."
"They are held up on the docks."
"Wharfies strike in {insert name of other capital city here}."
"Still waiting on customs clearance."
"We ordered 50 and were only supplied two units!"
Yawn, ad infinitum...

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 12-18-2010 at 12:51 AM.
12-17-2010, 11:26 PM   #222
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
You get to stand in the bread queue.

<snip>
"Wharfies strike in {insert name of other capital city here}."
"Still waiting on customs clearance."
"We ordered 50 and were only supplied two units!"
Yawn, ad infinitum...
</snip>

.R.
Heh. I was having a chat with one of the neighbours, let's call him "Jim", a couple of days ago and this topic came up. Jim was a wharfie for many years, a quay crane and straddle carrier operator. He told me of the time he went to pick up some imported item and it hadn't arrived. The guy in the shop was profuse in his apologies, but it was out of his hands because of the wharfies' strike. "Eh!" says Jim, "What strike is that?" Ooops

Richard.
12-18-2010, 08:19 AM   #223
Veteran Member

Well just to make your wait a little easier let me say the camera is exceeding my expectations. I'll post up some photos tomorrow hopefully but too sleepy after full day of shooting to process any.
12-18-2010, 06:08 PM   #224
Veteran Member

Damn it, still waiting to sell my K20, no nibbles yet. May have to drop the price a bit, so I can get my hands on a K5!
12-19-2010, 11:50 AM   #225
Veteran Member

put it on ebay - my K-x is doing well on ebay.

spent another day shooting today - still not done much processing.

This is a good example of the real world use of the DR.
Shooting into direct sun btw, with no flash. So the child was nearly black.

link:
http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/309/dvs0507.jpg

Last edited by WerTicus; 12-19-2010 at 12:05 PM.