Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-23-2010, 02:42 AM   #271
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
LMAO

i only drink the best normaly with a poncey lemon in it ....and yep I could be in a trip out with me camera..be nice to swap some advice and meet a few blokes

EDIT

OT alert..LOL

yep Ive travelled a bit..and yes we get stung in WA hard.....most of my pomy mates who come over , cant believe how expensive thing are here now...
Uh oh... it's not Corona is it??

It's always good to meet new people and swap advice and talk about photography/cameras for a bit. Motorvation may be a bit busy, but typically we chat and swap lenses etc and usually end up at a pub for lunch. But open to ideas and whatever goes.
Have a look at joining the WA pentaxians social group on here if you feel so inclined I would share the link to join but I don't have it handy.

cheers

12-23-2010, 02:54 AM   #272
Veteran Member

you guessed the beer...but i sometimes have a Stella too.. Hooligan beer we used to call it

yep that trip out sounds good, Id love to try out a new lens or two...and share in my turn...although Ive only two at the mo...

just posted in the stain poll....mines clear...serial no 3953xxxx.

OT Alert

I was so in turmoil whether to go the K5 . and loose a crap load on my almost new K7
but I"ve just taken a few dirty and quick high ISO snaps in my kitchen at 6400 and 12800...and its quite something...at 6400 the K7 was " nah that's in the bin" go back to 3200 with a loadsa noise removal.
the K5 at 12800 is very usable..not a iso 100 shot....but usable if you don't wanna do 100% crops... 6400 is very good..like a k7 at 1600 that's gonna make taking my lads night basketball games in a outdoor arena doable .....after all whats a grand these days........shit loads
12-23-2010, 03:23 AM   #273
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
Damn that's some expensive beer....
Stop pretending, we all know you WA sots swill Darwin stubbies, by the slab!

(Then wash it down with copious litres of local grown Panther Piss from the last year's harvest.)

.R. -- who knows because I used to live over there for a few Hic... years.
12-23-2010, 03:36 AM   #274
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote

(Then wash it down with copious litres of local grown Panther Piss from the last year's harvest.)

LMAO

25 years ago when I first came to WA...the only choice in beer was either a middy or a schooner....now we have actual beer choices...how far we have come....mind you a darwin stubby after a hot days work is not half bad

12-23-2010, 03:49 AM   #275
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RichardS Quote

Many years ago I was reading a novel by Evan Hunter in his Ed McBain alter ego. It was one of his earlier 87th precinct novels, "Ten Plus One", where a sniper is killing seemingly unrelated people. One of the victims is a fruiterer and, just before he is killed, he's discussing the price of his apricots with a customer. She says that the guy up the road has them at half the price. He asks her why she doesn't buy them from the guy up the road. She explains that he hasn't got any in stock at the moment. The fruiterer is just explaining that you can sell things at any price you like if you haven't got them in stock when the bullet arrived. If he'd lived longer he might have been able to give us a few words of wisdom on the varying prices for K5s.
Love that parable from the book, and your terse and On.T appended summation, most apt.
Definitely deserved requoting.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 12-23-2010 at 04:03 AM.
12-23-2010, 05:46 AM   #276
Veteran Member

the latest on my K5...I love its low light...even if the focusing problem might be an issue...not for me yet as I dont have a lens the quick anyway

also Ill be picking my K7 back up from the store tomorrow...as my Brother IL rang tonight asking advice for a Xmas pressie for his 15 year old daughter. turns out she wants a DSLR..and want to learn the art of photography....so the shop will sell my K7 back to me..for my Niece to have for Christmas ..that worked out nicely...as I felt that Id given it away...good to see a family member profit from my CBA
12-23-2010, 09:07 AM   #277

Really feel for the poor buggers here in limbo too with K-5 orders from Ryda, but at least Ryda is a CRK/Pentax authorised dealer so they're fairly safe - plus the greedy bastards got a decent discount...
I've been considering canceling my order with Ryda for the 18-135 kit, for two reasons:
1. Might be able to source a K-5 body in Perth (I know of store with a couple left).
2. Ryda isn't listed on CRKennedy's website as an authorised dealer - even though Ryda says they are. I asked CRK in Perth, and they weren't sure if they were an authorised dealer or not.

Making sure Ryda is an authorsied dealer and sources their stock from CRK is far more important to me than the $150 im saving. If anyone knows for sure that they are, it'd be great to know!

12-23-2010, 12:03 PM   #278
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noons Quote
Making sure Ryda is an authorsied dealer and sources their stock from CRK is far more important to me than the $150 im saving. If anyone knows for sure that they are, it'd be great to know!

Id agree with the statement..last thing you want with a new K5 is a balls up if you need to return it....

I can recommended Perth camera electronics , they have been as good as gold with me...most shops ive been to consist of non personalities 15 year olds that are playing on their iphones...or other saleman that just wanna see your coin and you gone
12-23-2010, 03:50 PM   #279

Photos: Albums
Watch this space.............more later.
12-23-2010, 05:40 PM   #280
Inactive Account

CRK Perth probably wouldn't know because Ryda is probably based in Sydney.

Have a gret Christmas all
12-23-2010, 06:10 PM   #281
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by noons Quote

2. Ryda isn't listed on CRKennedy's website as an authorised dealer - even though Ryda says they are. I asked CRK in Perth, and they weren't sure if they were an authorised dealer or not.
That's a good point, noons, now you mention I can't find it either (do remain a bit dubious that CRK(Pentax) webpages are up to date though.)
Not here: Where to Buy | Pentax.com.au
Nor here: New South Wales Dealers | Photographic, Digital, Medical, Surveying, Surveillance, Digital Audio. CR Kennedy. Australia

Otoh; nor do CRK specifically exclude NSW based Ryda.com.au
Parallel and Grey Imports | Pentax.com.au
(Although that list badly needs updating, as many here would know.)

Even so, it might be prudent to take Ryda up on their own offer.

//
Australian Stock Compliance Statement
Every digital camera and video camera that we have available for sale here at Ryda Dot Com is 100% Australian stock and are fully certified for sale into the Australian retail market. Every digital camera or video camera product is supplied with a local Australian manufacturers warranty.

Please be aware, there are many websites providing cheaper imported products from Asia. These products do not come with a local manufacturers warranty.

If you are unsure ask the website to provide you a compliance statement and warranty details. If they can't or won't do this. Do not purchase from that website, no matter the saving.
\\

Let them lay their cards on the table about Pentax Au stuff.

.R.

Last edited by Hypocorism; 12-23-2010 at 07:51 PM.
12-23-2010, 06:30 PM   #282
Veteran Member

Oi! I take offence to that!

...Well not really
Depending on when you lived in WA, you might find that there is a LOT more choice in beer than say, 10 years ago. We also have a good number of local craft breweries and brewpubs. International beer (Trappist Belgian beer anyone?) is fairly available if you know where to look and can afford the premium.

Saying that, if it's 40+, you're stuck in the desert and there's only one pub in 1000kms and all they stock is VB - well I might resort to tasting a drop.

Anyway, apologies for being so off topic. It may be useful to ask Ryda to honour the compliance statement. Assuming they are genuine, I would think that they'd be happy to reassure us.
12-23-2010, 06:31 PM   #283
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Love that parable from the book, and your terse and On.T appended summation, most apt.
Definitely deserved requoting.

.R.
I'm blushing. Thanks.
12-23-2010, 06:52 PM   #284

Ok, just called CRK in NSW, and they confirmed that Ryda are, infact an authorised dealer
12-23-2010, 08:23 PM   #285

Photos: Albums
Just received an email from CR Kennedy also confirming Noons find.

"Ryda.com.au are genuine Pentax stockist so there are no need for you to be concern they do offer our Australian Warrantee "

Hopefully I won't be waiting for months for mine to arrive at the shop so I can test it.