Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-02-2011, 01:43 AM   #421
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'll post this here, rather that start another thread. Please tell me what I am doing wrong!
Using the multi exposure function, 9 shots, with the remote control, same setup I used on my K20. First image was overexposed so tied another set with ev set to -1, which was ok. Then tried a set with the Auto EV Adjustemnt option on, and got better results. Will have to check in the manual what this option is for, as I don't remember having to use it on the K20.
Now the real issue is that the images look great on the camera display, but when I downloaded them into LR they are bright purple. All 3 shots. Just tried a test outside at home, same settings, looked fine on the camera, downloaded into LR...guess what...bright purple (just the sky really).
So what is going on? Can someone else give this a go and report back, please?

02-02-2011, 02:06 AM   #422
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
This is way off topic, but to any of you up in north QLD, good luck with Yasi.

Take Care,

David
02-02-2011, 02:11 AM   #423
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by David Quote
This is way off topic, but to any of you up in north QLD, good luck with Yasi.

Take Care,

David
Yes, I'm with you on that one David..hope everyone is safe.
02-02-2011, 02:12 AM   #424
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ossi Quote
Some stores got the K-5 and 18-135 kit yesterday, but check the serial numbers before you buy.

K-5 Body only is still down as arriving on the 15th feb (+ delivery time to me), still waiting for my replacement body, it will have been 6 weeks without it by the time i get it
Checking serial numbers will not tell you any thing, you need to check the camera

02-02-2011, 02:13 AM   #425
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
I'll post this here, rather that start another thread. Please tell me what I am doing wrong!
Using the multi exposure function, 9 shots, with the remote control, same setup I used on my K20. First image was overexposed so tied another set with ev set to -1, which was ok. Then tried a set with the Auto EV Adjustemnt option on, and got better results. Will have to check in the manual what this option is for, as I don't remember having to use it on the K20.
Now the real issue is that the images look great on the camera display, but when I downloaded them into LR they are bright purple. All 3 shots. Just tried a test outside at home, same settings, looked fine on the camera, downloaded into LR...guess what...bright purple (just the sky really).
So what is going on? Can someone else give this a go and report back, please?
Well I got problem with LR3.3 too, except that my shots all come yellowish...So I went back to Pentax DCU+Adobe CS4
02-02-2011, 02:16 AM   #426
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote
Eric, I wonder why your serial number is that low. I got mine on 24th December and it's serial number is 3965xxx.

Peter
No idea Peter, not that it matters, as long as it's stainless I don't care.
02-02-2011, 02:30 AM   #427
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Well I got problem with LR3.3 too
Using LR 2.7 but probably a good idea to bring them in another way to eliminate that being the problem.
02-02-2011, 02:39 AM   #428
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Using LR 2.7 but probably a good idea to bring them in another way to eliminate that being the problem.
Bibble Pro 5.2 has no problems

Richard.

02-02-2011, 02:52 AM   #429

I had to return a Pentax 16-45 to them, and they eventually got it back to me, freight free both ways. For this I am extremely pleased. It was a very slow process, they answered their emails slowly, and sometimes after I wrote to another department in the hope for a better response, that seemed to work. The part that was needed was supposedly in Japan, so the lens was sent there. Then it turned out the part was in Hong Kong, so back it went there (not their fault).

Three months later I had the lens again, and it works brilliantly, so well done to them.

They honoured their policy to the letter, and were very polite, but perhaps a tad slowly. Hope this helps.

QuoteOriginally posted by David Quote
This is a touch off topic but I want to add a Tameron 70-200 F2.8 Macro to my K-5 and the best price I can find is this mob:

Digital Cameras & Accessories - Citiwide Online - See what's Hot now! - Updated on 20th January 2011 which is a Hong Kong based business.

Has anyone had any dealings with them, or can comment on the warranty situation<

Thanks,

David

Last edited by Stefan Carey; 02-02-2011 at 02:54 AM. Reason: spelling
02-02-2011, 03:01 AM   #430
Veteran Member

Tried the same test pic directly from the sd card into photoshop witht he same result, bright purple sky. So that eliminates LR as the culprit.
02-02-2011, 03:32 AM   #431
Veteran Member

just did the test..Multi exposure...9 image set..F8 using AV.....imported using adobe bridge to camera raw then PS CS5....same results as you Greg....in camera looks ok...purple on screen....I did do a in camera Raw to Jpeg conversion...the result in the lower photo...I havent tried doing multi straight to . Jpeg...seems like a bug ?

I had auto EV ticked

02-02-2011, 03:46 AM   #432
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tommot1965 Quote
...seems like a bug
Thanks Steve. Mmmm yes it does, which is a bummer as I use this function quite a bit. Will have to do some more testing, then maybe contact Pentax is I can't resolve it. I will post one of mine soon.
02-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #433
Veteran Member

Here is what I get....

02-02-2011, 03:50 AM   #434
Veteran Member

have you tried any other Non adobe raw converter...perhaps the bundled Pentax version might be ok?
02-02-2011, 04:01 AM   #435
Veteran Member

seems to be a adobe /k5 bug ..as Ive just tried Picasa..and the Multi exposure image is fine...no purple!