Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
02-02-2011, 10:56 PM   #451
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Ok tried bringing in the file right of the sd card through Pentax Utilities with no problems. Tried to import the images I had already imported through LR into Pentax utilities but they were the same. So the problem is definately the raw converter in LR and PS. So I guess the only options are to import all multi image files through Pentax Utilites or wait until they update the raw converter. Only problem is I wont know which files on the card are multi image files.

02-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #452
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So is this problem with all K-5 raw that cant be processed by Lightroom?
02-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #453
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
So is this problem with all K-5 raw that cant be processed by Lightroom?
No AFAIK only images resulting from the multi exposure function. Seems odd but the file must be different somehow due to the in camera processing. Maybe some techno boffin will know the answer to this curly one!
02-03-2011, 04:04 AM   #454

Photos: Albums
maybe you should start a new thread with this info, for others who may run into the same thing.

02-03-2011, 06:50 AM   #455
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jbinpg Quote
Hi. If you are using any kind of tilt flash, it may be wise to err on the side of caution and enable D-Range Setting -> Highlight Correction - ON to avoid potential overexposure in this case. Mind, you have probably tested this out for yourself anyway beforehand. I know I would
Or, know your camera and its behavior well enough to know to dial in the appropriate amount of flash/exposure compensation. That's what I did when I shot a wedding a few weeks ago, and that's what I'll be doing when I use my K-5 (and K-7) for a pre-wedding shoot next week. And once that's done, I'll be making my way over to CR Kennedy to see about getting a replacement K-5. It sucks that there is the flash issue, and sensor stain issue, but to me, the camera's no more than a tool for the job, and it makes sense to know how you tools work before using them for work.

Last edited by pop4; 02-03-2011 at 06:55 AM.
02-03-2011, 05:44 PM   #456
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I only suggest the highlight correction option since it is a win-win. It prevents the tilt flash syndrome and does not compromise the image quality in any way.
02-04-2011, 02:27 AM   #457
Veteran Member

Well I got one of the early K5s. Stain on sensor ones. Wasn't that upset only showed stopped right down. Sent in an example photo, phoned and got a call today, come in and pick up the new body. Cool. Now that is service and their building would have been inundated during the Brisbane floods.

02-04-2011, 05:56 PM   #458
Veteran Member

Shot a wedding with the K-5 yesterday. Went very well, the camera performed flawlessly actually. I'll eventually get the photos online but processing to be done still.
02-04-2011, 06:12 PM   #459
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
Shot a wedding with the K-5 yesterday. Went very well, the camera performed flawlessly actually.
Looking forward to seeing the results!
02-04-2011, 07:05 PM   #460
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Looking forward to seeing the results!

+1......
02-09-2011, 02:46 AM   #461
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well rang up the Mate at CRK today and they have a Pentax K-5 waiting for me but haven't got the new extreme Pro 16 gig memory card in stock yet so might be in on Friday or Monday at the latest. Still waiting on a battery grip to suit, there seems to be a major shortage of them.
02-09-2011, 04:45 AM   #462
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by eaglem Quote
. Still waiting on a battery grip to suit, there seems to be a major shortage of them.
I picked one up from Dealextreme for about $55 (after market of course). Very happy with it, the quality seems ok, havn't used any of the buttons yet as I don't have a battery in it yet!
Delivery was slow however, but for that price it was worth the wait.
02-09-2011, 04:48 PM   #463
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I picked one up from Dealextreme for about $55 (after market of course). Very happy with it, the quality seems ok, havn't used any of the buttons yet as I don't have a battery in it yet!
Thanks for the info, but as the unit is already on order from CRK I suppose I'll need to do the right thing.
02-09-2011, 11:26 PM   #464
Forum Member

You dont need a battery in to use it I am sure I sent you a link about the grip with battery delivered for $61.00
02-10-2011, 03:18 AM   #465
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Osama Binhidin Quote
You dont need a battery in to use it I am sure I sent you a link about the grip with battery delivered for $61.00
Yes I think you did. No battery required eh? That's a worry, cos none of the buttons do anything and I thought it was because you needed to have a battery inserted! Mmmm better check that out.