Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
03-03-2011, 08:12 PM   #601
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
Has no exif info....

03-03-2011, 08:43 PM   #602
Pentaxian
kyteflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Has no exif info....
HUH? I didnt take it out./ Let me see again then

[edit] nope, the file has exif data intact. the upload process here must strip it out. Hopefullyit will have u/l to flickr OK. In the meantime, I have installed vista (shudder) and photome and seriously, there is no manufacture date.

Here's the flickr link
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kyte50/5495599635/

Last edited by kyteflyer; 03-03-2011 at 08:51 PM. Reason: more info
03-03-2011, 08:55 PM   #603
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
Yeah most likely the upload process stripped it, but flickr doesnt show the same amount as info as exif programs and doesnt allow right-click download's.

You can email it to me if you like-
tougefc@hotmail.com

Just make sure its a jpeg straight out of the camera that has been through any pp programs
03-03-2011, 09:15 PM   #604
Pentaxian
kyteflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Yeah most likely the upload process stripped it, but flickr doesnt show the same amount as info as exif programs and doesnt allow right-click download's.

You can email it to me if you like-
tougefc@hotmail.com

Just make sure its a jpeg straight out of the camera that has been through any pp programs
Straight out of the camera is DNG and I'm not mailing a 28mb file to you. No need, though, because I have finally been able to see the correct info, by NOT using iPhoto to import. I've just used Image Capture and that brings it straight into a folder. I did not realise that iPhoto strips info as well. Seems I may have to change my workflow practices.

So, the Manufacture date is 17th January 2011

03-03-2011, 10:09 PM   #605
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
Good to know
BTW, i wasnt talking bout a large DNG, but a JPEG from the camera, but glad you got it sussed out now
03-03-2011, 10:34 PM   #606
Pentaxian
kyteflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Good to know
BTW, i wasnt talking bout a large DNG, but a JPEG from the camera, but glad you got it sussed out now
Yes, I know, but I don't do RAW+ so there are no JPGs to get from the camera. Leastways no way that I can do on the Mac without stripping exif info.

Until now, I never even knew that build date of the camera was even contained in the image info. Amazing.
03-03-2011, 10:47 PM   #607
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
Yeah alot of info is stored in the exif that alot of people dont know about!

On another note, hows the FA43 going?
03-04-2011, 12:07 AM   #608
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown West Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 850
QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
So, the Manufacture date is 17th January 2011
You shouldn't have any problems with that date. Talking about workflow have you ever had a look at Lightroom? Makes my life very easy as far as organising goes and converts raw files and you can do a lot of adjusting within LR.

03-04-2011, 03:38 AM   #609
Pentaxian
kyteflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Yeah alot of info is stored in the exif that alot of people dont know about!

On another note, hows the FA43 going?
Absolutely love it, but I need some of your talent to rub off on me. I have lots to learn (well, I never stop learning) but the 15, the 35, the 43 (and soonish the 77) do help a lot.

The 43 has replaced the 35 as my most used lens.

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
You shouldn't have any problems with that date. Talking about workflow have you ever had a look at Lightroom? Makes my life very easy as far as organising goes and converts raw files and you can do a lot of adjusting within LR.
Yes, I do use Lightroom but I always tended to start out in iPhoto. I've never seriously looked at image capture.app but am now satisfied that it brings the image plus *all* of its info, not just selected bits, so I am going to be using that to import from camera and Lightroom to manage/develop stuff. I guess I'm done with iPhoto, and Aperture was never in the running for me. Lightroom cr*ps all over it.
03-10-2011, 11:28 PM   #610
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
Well my generic Battery and charger (for K-5) turned up today
But dont have a K-5 yet

Almost have enough saved, i may have just enough by next friday (payday) to go and get one....
03-11-2011, 12:05 AM   #611
Veteran Member




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Bridgetown West Australia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 850
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Almost have enough saved, i may have just enough by next friday (payday) to go and get one....
Piggybank, meet hammer.......$$$$$$$!!
03-11-2011, 03:35 AM   #612
Pentaxian
kyteflyer's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Newcastle, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,313
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Well my generic Battery and charger (for K-5) turned up today
But dont have a K-5 yet

Almost have enough saved, i may have just enough by next friday (payday) to go and get one....
Are you going to keep your K200 after you get the K5? I'm in two minds. I have it up for sale but part of me wants to hang onto it, its such a nice bit of kit.
03-11-2011, 03:39 AM   #613
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
LOL Greg!

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
Are you going to keep your K200 after you get the K5? I'm in two minds. I have it up for sale but part of me wants to hang onto it, its such a nice bit of kit.
Yep, I will most certainly be keeping the K200, for a few reasons,
-I will use it for events so i can shoot 2 camera's each with a different lens.
-Also serve as a back-up body, as it is a very reliable body and has never faulted on me.
-And for sentimental reasons.

Last edited by TOUGEFC; 03-11-2011 at 05:17 AM.
03-11-2011, 05:13 AM   #614
Veteran Member
bickrs's Avatar

Join Date: May 2009
Location: Sheffield, South Yorkshire
Posts: 327
QuoteOriginally posted by TOUGEFC Quote
Yep, I will most certainly be keeping the K200, for a few reasons,
-I will use it for events so i can shoot 2 camera's each with a different lens.
-Also serve as a back-up body, as it is a very reliable body and have never faulted on me.
-And for sentimental reasons.
Same here - and the Wife has indicated that she may want to learn how to use the K200D ... although I've told her the FA Limiteds are out of bounds, for a while at least!
03-11-2011, 05:21 AM   #615
Veteran Member
TOUGEFC's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Brisbane
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,561
QuoteOriginally posted by bickrs Quote
Same here - and the Wife has indicated that she may want to learn how to use the K200D ... although I've told her the FA Limiteds are out of bounds, for a while at least!
Another good reason, my wife too may want to learn about photography one day and the k200d would be great for her, and yeah the Limited lenses will be off limits!

I can see the following scenerio unfolding in the future-

wife-"why are they called Limted lenses?"
me- "because they are Limited to my use only"
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
camera, dslr, k-5, k-5 ii, k-5 iis, k5, pentax k-5
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nature Australia Nete Post Your Photos! 1 10-08-2010 11:03 PM
Hello from Australia choet Welcomes and Introductions 4 11-20-2009 01:58 PM
Hi from Australia mike_perth Welcomes and Introductions 1 11-08-2009 08:07 PM
Hello from Australia Hobojangles Welcomes and Introductions 7 08-23-2009 04:34 PM
From Australia comet4 Welcomes and Introductions 2 08-27-2008 06:39 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top