Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
12-21-2010, 02:23 AM   #241
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by xjjohnno Quote
Good to see you finally got your K5 Richard, hope you're enkoying your toy.
Thanks, John. I don't actually take it to bed with me, but almost

12-21-2010, 11:11 PM   #242
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I'm starting to get a little disgruntled now. I had ordered a K-5 & DA 18-135mm kit which was originally due on the 4th. Four days later I got an email saying that they were now due on the 22nd. Yesterday I was told that they were still due today (22nd), didn't hear anything by mid-afternoon so gave them a call to check it was still worth coming in to pick up the kit tomorrow. No stock and no new ETA. I can understand there's a shortage here in Australia but the lack of communication was starting to tick me off.

I called CRK to see if they had an idea on when to expect the kits - they weren't sure but told me that the DA 18-135mm lenses had arrived and they could ship them overnight if I had a store to order from. So I called me retailer of choice back asking to get a price if I ordered a K-5 body (which they have in stock) and a DA 18-135mm lens as separate items rather than the kit. Their response, "we don't have the DA 18-135mm in our system so we can't give you a price". And when I asked if they could call CRK to get a price so that I could most likely order them as separate items they said that they couldn't help. How messed up is that? So frustrating!
12-22-2010, 01:30 AM   #243

K5 in Australia

Personally, I'm happy to bide my time and wait it out. My 20D works just fine and while I would LOVE to have a K5 in my hands right now, I'm pragmatic enough to realise it might take some time, and a few weeks now are going to be insignificant compared to the time I'm going to spend shooting with it when I get it.
12-22-2010, 02:16 AM   #244
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
i might be doing my trade tomorrow......just wish Id not have lost so much on my K7...but i do love to shoot with available light and hand-held ..this is where the K5 will shine for me...mind you its still a toss up between this and a new lens..Im still fence sitting , even though Ive teed the deal up

12-22-2010, 04:49 AM   #245
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by GingerBeer Quote
And when I asked if they could call CRK to get a price so that I could most likely order them as separate items they said that they couldn't help. How messed up is that? So frustrating!
Not happy Jan.
It's pretty ordinary service and not very business savvy on the part of CRK.
Unfortunate that despite the demand (and apparent availability elsewhere in the world) there are constant occult delays in the procurement and delivery of pre-ordered K-5s.
I'm not sure Pentax Australia have got CRK doing the right things for them.
12-22-2010, 06:26 AM   #246

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by GingerBeer Quote
I'm starting to get a little disgruntled now. So frustrating!
I am in a similar situation.
I ordered my K-5 and DA 18-135 kit from Ryda on 2nd November just after the kit prices were announced. I received an email from them on 3rd November stating estimated availability would be 8-14 days.
On 18th November i called Ryda , they told me the new date would be another 10 days.
On 29th November I emailed CRK. Their reply said delivery next week.
On 10th December I emailed CRK again . Their reply to this one was Ryda would probably have stock next week or certainly the following week.
Well we are now over half way through "the following week" and still no camera.

I am seriously doubting that I will have it before Christmas.

Peter
12-22-2010, 07:10 AM   #247
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
tomorrow is your last chance of getting it. That's why i didn't order from anywhere till i could be told they had one for me right then and there.

12-22-2010, 02:03 PM   #248

QuoteOriginally posted by Ivor K Ecks Quote
I am in a similar situation.
I ordered my K-5 and DA 18-135 kit from Ryda on 2nd November just after the kit prices were announced. I received an email from them on 3rd November stating estimated availability would be 8-14 days.
On 18th November i called Ryda , they told me the new date would be another 10 days.
On 29th November I emailed CRK. Their reply said delivery next week.
On 10th December I emailed CRK again . Their reply to this one was Ryda would probably have stock next week or certainly the following week.
Well we are now over half way through "the following week" and still no camera.

I am seriously doubting that I will have it before Christmas.
I am in an identical situation. Contacted CRK yesterday and it appears that there is little or no chance of any K-5 (DA 18-135) kits being available before the New Year unless there is an unexpeceted arrival of stock today. They did confirm that the 18-135 lens is in their hands.

Might be time to reconsider my options
12-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #249
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Not happy Jan.
It's pretty ordinary service and not very business savvy on the part of CRK.
Unfortunate that despite the demand (and apparent availability elsewhere in the world) there are constant occult delays in the procurement and delivery of pre-ordered K-5s.
I'm not sure Pentax Australia have got CRK doing the right things for them.
I don't agree that it has to do with CRK savviness in business. You cannot tell a retailer how to run their business.
It is the retailers have gotten worst over the years and this situation sounds like corporate red tape that's stopping a sale. "It's not listed in the system, I can't sell it to you" How can you refuse a sale???

I think Pentax in Australia is doing better than most countries.

Cheers
12-22-2010, 07:12 PM   #250
Veteran Member

K5 now on DWI for $1469! If only I could sell my k20....
12-22-2010, 07:56 PM   #251
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
However if you add shipping, it is the same or more expensive than Ryda...
I am lead to believe (via website) that cameraelectronic in Perth has K-5s in stock. Price is $1699 but I wonder if they would price match or go down to something cheaper.
12-22-2010, 09:13 PM   #252
Veteran Member

$1510 with shipping from DWI, $1543 with shipping from Ryda. However for the sake of $30 probably better to go with Ryda for warranty peace of mind.
12-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #253
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Yawn. Please refrain from baiting with this only-half-the-story type rubbish. I'm sure people who read this forum are not all 13 years old klooless impressionable kiddies and would very much appreciate any useful, complete information instead from you on this sensitive and always important to them subject. Thank you.

Perhaps you might like to help coerce your DWI friends to respect Au customers and honour Australian legal requirements in their advertising too;
Ref: Misleading pricing

Fwiw; The reason why laws like that exist is because, for most people, it really is a piss-off to have to chase up fine print and possible expensive legal traps, but here it is;
Ref: https://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au/help/terms-and-conditions-of-use-and-sale.asp
//
14. Pricing and availability
The price for the goods quoted on the website shall be exclusive of all costs of carriage and insurance and applicable import Tax/GST and duty which the buyer shall pay in addition for further information regarding this please see the Australian Customs Web Site. Shipping and insurance costs are calculated at checkout.
\\

Sadly, methinks grey players are only assisting their own demise in attitudes and behaviour like this, which the new Govt inquiry is sure to expose.

Anyway, Have a nice day.

.R.
12-22-2010, 10:31 PM   #254
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by goddo31 Quote
However if you add shipping, it is the same or more expensive than Ryda...
I am lead to believe (via website) that cameraelectronic in Perth has K-5s in stock. Price is $1699 but I wonder if they would price match or go down to something cheaper.
Did have you mean

I just picked up their last one an hour ago....

$1699 and they paid me $700 for my K7.....also its now my new camera shop. as they have great stock..great attitude and Im sucked in...LOL

they checked in store if the sensor was stained with a sensor scope

I rang CRK first..told them of all the problems about the K5 that ive read here..they told me if I have a issue they will sort it out with a new body....
12-22-2010, 10:36 PM   #255
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism:
Yawn. Please refrain from baiting with this only-half-the-story type rubbish. I'm sure people who read this forum are not all 13 years old klooless impressionable kiddies and would very much appreciate any useful, complete information instead from you on this sensitive and always important to them subject. Thank you.

Perhaps you might like to help coerce your DWI friends to respect Au customers and honour Australian legal requirements in their advertising too;
Ref: Misleading pricing

Fwiw; The reason why laws like that exist is because, for most people, it really is a piss-off to have to chase up fine print and possible expensive legal traps, but here it is;
Ref: https://www.dwidigitalcameras.com.au...e-and-sale.asp
//
14. Pricing and availability
The price for the goods quoted on the website shall be exclusive of all costs of carriage and insurance and applicable import Tax/GST and duty which the buyer shall pay in addition for further information regarding this please see the Australian Customs Web Site. Shipping and insurance costs are calculated at checkout.
\\

Sadly, methinks grey players are only assisting their own demise in attitudes and behaviour like this, which the new Govt inquiry is sure to expose.

Anyway, Have a nice day.

.R.
Good point Hypocorism and thank you for the link to the ACCC.
Reading through the subheadings Was-now advertising, strike-through pricing and comparisons with RRP; I have to wonder how many sellers actually breach this. I'm sure some do with the RRP pricing at least.

Should we inform the ACCC about DWI in this case? I have to wonder if they are an Australian registered business. I did not look through their website for long but it did lead me to think so.

If you are going to be hit with customs AND the item from DWI ships internationally anyway (implied by $50-70 freight fee), you might aswell just order from the NYC stores...

I think when I am ready to get a K5 I will try and buy it locally. Maybe.

cheers,
Jason

p.s. shall I just call you "R" ?

Last edited by goddo31; 12-22-2010 at 10:42 PM.