Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
01-13-2011, 10:53 PM   #391
Forum Member

I sent my K-5 to CRK almost 2 weeks ago with the sensor stain issue.

Found out yesterday that CRK wont be getting the next batch of K-5's till 15/2, so 6 weeks without K-5.

I'm not sure what the hold up is, but i didn't think this was particularly good in a world where we have air freight.

01-13-2011, 11:35 PM   #392
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just been notified that DWI are out of stock as well..grrrrrr. Didn't say how long, but it appears to me that stock may have been delayed due to the sensor, and possibly, other issues. I hope this means that the new stock will be blemish free!
01-13-2011, 11:52 PM   #393

Photos: Albums
I asked Ryda the other day when they expected stock and they said within 7 days, and they recommended i preorder. But when I asked whether they could guarantee to dispatch it in 7 days they couldn't commit to anything.

I then called Camera Pro and their answering machine asked to call back later, as they were affected by the floods. I'm not sure whether or not to believe their website, which says they have stock. They may not have had a chance to update their website for a while.

EDIT: Update: They don't have stock.

I then called someone else (can't remember who), and they said they were expecting the next shipment in the 1st or second week in February. Something about the factories being closed for Christmas/new year, and just getting back up to production levels again now.

Unless you're willing to pay the premium, i think anyone can expect to have to wait at least until the second week in Feb for their camera to arrive on their doorstep.

Last edited by secateurs; 01-14-2011 at 12:24 AM. Reason: new info
01-14-2011, 07:08 AM   #394
Forum Member

Even if you could get one now, I would be hesitant to order without at least knowing the serial of the unit it to make sure it was from a later batch. I checked all the cameras in stock at one store and all the ones they had had the sensor issue. I don't know that I would be ordering from an online store for a while until all the effected old stock has cleared.

01-14-2011, 04:09 PM   #395
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ossi Quote
until all the effected old stock has cleared
I am assuming that due to lack of stock currently that this is alraedy happening. I don't think Pentax would be pushing out more old stock knowing that there is an issue.
01-14-2011, 09:48 PM   #396
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
I am assuming that due to lack of stock currently that this is alraedy happening. I don't think Pentax would be pushing out more old stock knowing that there is an issue.
I was referring to the stock that some shops still have (and some shops do still have stock on the shelves with old serial numbers), as i mentioned earlier the suppliers have no stock.
01-16-2011, 05:53 PM   #397

I think I must have been very lucky. Ordered from RYDA Dec 27th, received Dec 29th.

No stains, no obvious focus issues, no indirect flash overexposure.

01-16-2011, 07:24 PM   #398
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats photosensitive (and welcome here )
Now show us what it can do.
01-16-2011, 09:01 PM   #399
Veteran Member

Just called DWI and they advised delivery of stock on the 28th, so looks like I won't have my K5 for another 2 weeks. Oh well just hope I don't see any photo opps before then!
01-17-2011, 12:42 AM   #400
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Just called DWI and they advised delivery of stock on the 28th, so looks like I won't have my K5 for another 2 weeks. Oh well just hope I don't see any photo opps before then!
That's a shame and a valid reason why I'll keep my K20D as a back up camera.
01-18-2011, 03:31 PM   #401

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Congrats photosensitive (and welcome here )
Now show us what it can do.

Thanks Ash. Thought I should finally register after lurking for a while.

The K5 is such a step up from the K10. For reasons that have all been stated here already. But I'm having a lot of fun with it and taking lots more photos than previously.
01-18-2011, 08:18 PM   #402
Veteran Member

And I have decided to take the crossgrade path. Bought a K-r this morning and am looking forward to getting out with it. I don't think I'll sell the K200D unless I get an absolutely irresistible offer which seems unlikely

K5 is now off my agenda. Sad, but true. I guess in the end I decided I just don't need all those semipro features and I will get over not having a top LCD and weathersealing.
01-18-2011, 09:10 PM   #403
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote

Bought a K-r this morning and am looking forward to getting out with it.

K5 is now off my agenda. Sad, but true. I guess in the end I decided I just don't need all those semipro features and I will get over not having a top LCD and weathersealing.
Congrats S, for being one who finally worked out that it ISN'T about the equipment?

.R. -- "Photography is only an accessory for reflecting real life experiences, it is not real life itself and can never reflect real life beliefs."
01-18-2011, 10:31 PM   #404
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
Congrats S, for being one who finally worked out that it ISN'T about the equipment?
uhm...well... errr... now probably sint the time, then, to confess to having also pulled th trigger on a DA15mm from B&H?
01-18-2011, 10:58 PM   #405
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kyteflyer Quote
also pulled th trigger on a DA15mm from B&H
Hard to resist $556 delivered, about half the Australian price.

QuoteOriginally posted by Hypocorism Quote
True indeed but it's nice to have good equipment as well and I will make very good use of that extra DR!