Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 6 Likes Search this Thread
03-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #661
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by ozlizard Quote
Then why aren't you, as required by Australian consumer law, dealing with the retailer? They are supposed to organise and replace your defective camera.
It is not the consumers responsibilty to deal directly with the supplier/manufacturer.
CR Kennedy advised the retailer that CRK needed to have their technician confirm the fault before issuing a replacement - so I was supposedly saving time by going directly to CRK. Supposedly!

03-22-2011, 02:26 AM   #662
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by bonovox Quote
CR Kennedy advised the retailer that CRK needed to have their technician confirm the fault before issuing a replacement
That's just the retailer ducking their responsibility. Go in and kick up a BIG stink and get some action happening, threaten them with consumer affairs if they don't co-operate!
03-22-2011, 02:36 AM   #663
Inactive Account

I think it's more a case of small retailer being bullied by big distributor, because they were initially happy to do a swap, but then were told not to by CRK.

CRK have now agreed to issue the retailer a credit if they provide me with a replacment body (which should have been the agreement from day one!), so I have politely insisted that the retailer do this or I will be asking for a full refund and take it up with the fair trading office if need be. Fingers crossed it is sorted by Friday - 4 weeks after I dropped my camera in to CRK!
03-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #664
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bonovox Quote
CRK have now agreed to issue the retailer a credit if they provide me with a replacment body (which should have been the agreement from day one!), so I have politely insisted that the retailer do this or I will be asking for a full refund and take it up with the fair trading office
Well done and good luck!

03-23-2011, 02:09 AM   #665

Photos: Gallery
This is worrying stuff. I dropped my K5 back at the reatler today because of low light focusing and poor image quality in low light landscapes.as well as the clunks and mirror slap that ocassionly happens.
The shop owner is a very experienced and professional photograper. CR Kennedy have him doing test shots tomottow and he will inform CR Kennedy of his findings before sendnig it to them. I have given him details of problems ans settings and light conditions when I have been having problems. I told him if he is going to shoot full sunlight and use his best lenses he might as well give it back now as the camera is perfect in good light. On a tripod with remote I get better hand held with the K10D. I have a feeling the mirror slap and mage quality may be connected.
Im off to the USA in 6 weeks so hope it is ready. Otherwise might have to pick up one over there.
John
03-23-2011, 03:05 AM - 2 Likes   #666
Veteran Member

This camera has a completely different look to my K20. I love it!

03-23-2011, 05:27 PM   #667
Veteran Member

Terrific photo!

03-24-2011, 04:58 AM   #668
Inactive Account

Finally a good resolution to my K-5 warranty wait - the retailer were happy to oblige and allocate one fo their bodies to me and get the credit from CRK. They even called me as soon as the stock arrived.
Have tested it, and the new body is flawless. Now to go take some photos!
03-24-2011, 12:44 PM   #669
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Congrats Brooke.
Finally a good result for you, and hope this one is all you expected.
Hope you get yours sorted out too campdog.
03-24-2011, 06:14 PM   #670
Inactive Account

I've been in the wholesale and retail industry and just because there are stocks in the retail store doesn't mean the wholesaler has stock.

In the end I'm glad you got the result you want bonovox.

On another point. I have managed a photographic store in Sydney before and dealt with wholesalers/distributors/agent and found them not to be bullies. IMHO the retailers are the real bullies. They can make up all sorts of excuses and blame the wholesaler when they come across a difficult customer. Why do you think the new consumer law was introduced at the start of this year? Too many retailers have hand balled problems back to the agents perhaps?
03-24-2011, 10:32 PM   #671

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
Congrats Brooke.
Finally a good result for you, and hope this one is all you expected.
Hope you get yours sorted out too campdog.
Thanks Ash, Camera with them now.They are doing test shots as well. One argument so far is that I have been using FA* lense and not new digital DG APO lens. Said old lens not as sharp.
John
03-24-2011, 10:36 PM   #672
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by nonamealltaken Quote
just because there are stocks in the retail store doesn't mean the wholesaler has stock... dealt with wholesalers/distributors/agent and found them not to be bullies. IMHO the retailers are the real bullies.
It wasn't just that there was old stock in retail stores - it was that retailers continued to receive new stock from CRK - so obviously CRK were getting stock in - its just that they chose to allocate it to new customers (via retailers) rather than fulfilling warranty obligations.

In my own dealings, it was CRK who fobbed me off and gave me the run around, while my retailer was pro-active in trying to help and did what I asked them to - so while your experience may suggest this is not the norm, my own experience suggests it was the case here.
03-25-2011, 01:35 AM   #673
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by twitch Quote
Terrific photo!
Thanks twitch
03-29-2011, 04:35 AM   #674
Ash
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got myself a refurbished K-5 second hand after it was purchased from Japan.
So far a winner.
I welcome the speed and quietness of the shutter mechanism as well as the further customisability of the fine camera.
Certainly a different 'look' of image results - cooler and some exaggeration of magentas in AWB mode, but still quite workable.
03-29-2011, 03:07 PM   #675
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Got myself a refurbished K-5 second hand after it was purchased from Japan.
So far a winner.
Congratulations, Ash. I wondered how long it would be before you succumbed
I welcome the speed and quietness of the shutter mechanism as well as the further customisability of the fine camera.
Certainly a different 'look' of image results - cooler and some exaggeration of magentas in AWB mode, but still quite workable.
Do you have a simple way of handling the exaggeration?

Richard.