Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-22-2010, 10:15 AM   #46
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
Actually, I had to do a fast double check to confirm it but the new limit is 24MB for JPEG's even on their basic account. I forget when they increased it but they kinda had to with the ever growing MP counts. So now you can make them even bigger!!
Woohoo!

http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=1472778&postcount=11

10-22-2010, 06:02 PM   #47
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
fun stuff huh? Now if they could just go 6-months w/o major down time...

I actually pop'd for the pro account as the max file size was different or there was something else I don't recall but am on the bubble with either going back to using one of my own servers for images or at least dropping to their mid-tier account, heck even the basic account is a super deal with the unlimited space and bandwidth. System stability has been a real bug-bear this year though.
10-22-2010, 06:41 PM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I liked this response moniker:

QuoteOriginally posted by brecklundin Quote
System stability has been a real bug-bear this year though.
Yes. I'm optimistic though and see they're working on it. Not everybody can live on Yahoo or Google money
10-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #49
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by deadwolfbones Quote
3. In RAW, the headroom is roughly equivalent to that of my D700. This is simply amazing from an APS-C sensor.

I mean the ability to pull or push the exposure in PP. Seems like I get about 3 (or a little more) stops in either direction using the GND tool in LR3.

Yeah several of these have been pushed or pulled, sometimes as much as ±3EV, using the GND tool in LR3. I've also used the Fill Light tool, which can cause some added noise, as well as sharpening. In some of these I've used some luminance NR (also in LR3), but generally not more than "15" on that slider.

I live in the desert, where the sun is an omnipresent force to be reckoned with, and I shoot primarily at lunch on workdays. In many of these I was sitting in the shade and shooting into noontime sun, with both sunny and shady areas in the frame.
The metering was consistently accurate, it's just that the environment I was shooting in had a VERY wide dynamic range.
Thanks for showing some great shots, and giving your thoughts on the camera.

I use Silkypix. But from what I understand, GND means simulating graduating neutral density filter in photoshop.

10-28-2010, 09:41 PM   #50
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Jonson PL Quote
Thanks for showing some great shots, and giving your thoughts on the camera.

I use Silkypix. But from what I understand, GND means simulating graduating neutral density filter in photoshop.
Yes, that's correct. In Lightroom there's a tool called "Granduated Filter," like so:

As you can see, it allows you to adjust exposure, contrast, clarity, etc, in a selected area.
10-28-2010, 09:43 PM   #51
Inactive Account

Color graduation can be fun, too.
10-29-2010, 08:44 AM   #52
Forum Member

My k-5 just arrived

My k-5 just arrived and i can only say: Amazing! High ISO performance is STELLAR. AF very fast! I skipped K-7, upgraded from K20D and it is fantastic!

10-29-2010, 06:27 PM   #53
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by peerSr Quote
My k-5 just arrived and i can only say: Amazing! High ISO performance is STELLAR. AF very fast! I skipped K-7, upgraded from K20D and it is fantastic!

You're giving me an itchy "buy it know" finger!
10-29-2010, 07:31 PM   #54
Vil
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by peerSr Quote
I just received my K5 as well and can only echo your comments. Except that I upgraded from a K10, so I'm that much more impressed.