Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
10-31-2010, 04:42 PM   #16
Forum Member

Fluorescent lighting can cause several shots of the same scene to have wildly different color temperatures, or even banding of color temperatures. I used to see this a lot when shooting nighttime high school football. Depending on the type and quality of the fluorescent lighting, it can be pretty bad.

Fluorescent lamp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Fluorescent lamps using a magnetic mains frequency ballast do not give out a steady light; instead, they flicker at twice the supply frequency. This results in fluctuations not only with light output but color temperature as well,which may pose problems for photography and people who are sensitive to the flicker.

10-31-2010, 04:55 PM   #17
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have shot in fluorescent lighting many time and have never experienced this problem. Does it occur in specific conditions while under fluorescent lighting or...?
10-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #18

Photos: Albums
only if your shutter speed is faster than the light’s cycle time.