Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-25-2010, 11:02 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K-5 question: distortion-correction speed?

With the K-7, if one has the distortion correction features turned on, the camera takes several seconds after each shot to be responsive again. (It's not as bad as that sounds, since it will still take more photographs and let you change shooting options as long as the buffer isn't full. But you can't use playback, for example.)

The question is: is this delay similar on the K-5? Shorter, due to faster processing engine? Or longer, due to bigger files? Is there any impact from the relatively-smaller buffer?

Thanks!

10-25-2010, 11:19 PM   #2
hcc
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would add a query to complement Mattdam's thread.

The K-7 lens distortion correction is not bad, but not as accurate as the distortion corrections performed by PTLens.

How good is the K-5 in-camera lens distortion correction ? Or is it the same as in the K-7?
10-26-2010, 04:53 AM   #3
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Mine takes 3.5sec to process a single shot and yes, still allows you to take more shots and change settings during processing. On the LCD the correction looks good and is obvious using a da16-45 @16mm but I have not compared to same on the 24" screen.

edit - just tried different aperture, lens, shutter settings (never high iso though) and the processing time fluctuates from 2.5-4sec. I have some shots to process with PE9 to compare distortion correction and post later.

Last edited by imtheguy; 10-26-2010 at 05:43 AM.