Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 3 Likes Search this Thread
10-27-2010, 12:08 PM   #1
Forum Member

Hello from Texas

Hello from Texas.

I was a Member of PentaxForums at one time, and canceled because of interest in Nikon D7000, but I must say it is rather unimpressive at the moment, all for the reason of complaints on the initial units, and ALL having Dead Pixels in Live View, and those Dead Pixels show up in the Movies recorded.:ugh: I have never seen Nikon have troule with first bafches of Cameras that I can recall, and I might be jumping the Gun knowing me.
But Every since that first Pentax Camera, the istDL that I had, I WAS IMPRESSED with such an Under-Dog of a Camera maker of Pentax!
Yes Pentax is an under dog when considering Canikon are concerned.

Please read carefully the following: I heard it for myself that Pentax plans to HEAVILY push the Pentax K-5 hard, so they must be proud of it, and I saw it at youtube.com on the Pentax K-5 Video from Pentax, which is a Camera I will probably get, since the D7000 is of non interest until the fix the problems mentioned already, even then I probably wont be interested for the reason the Pentax has better Video in my Book.

I don't know how i am going to put my Kit togwther till i hear about the new Pentax flash introduce with K-5 and the 18-135mm Lens, and until the price goes down from the rediculous price to at least $1300. something, I will wait.

Tthe one thing that bugs me about the K-5 is the small Buffer, I hope a Firmware upgrade can fix that somewhat. Considering the Nikon's HUGE Buffer, up to 100 Shots, oh well, win some loose some. Besides, the K-5 HAS BRACKETING OPTIONS the d7000 doesn't have, which holds more interest to me anyway.

Last edited by Pentax Lover; 10-28-2010 at 09:52 AM.
10-27-2010, 09:41 PM   #2
Ole
Administrator

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Just a comment on the buffer: That is based on physical limitations. While a firmware upgrade might be able to optimize the image processing and write speed a bit it will not be significant and probably have no measurable impact on the number of shots that can be buffered.

I would think in a crunch one could shoot jpeg at a lower resolution and thus obtain more shots at the max fps.
10-27-2010, 11:50 PM   #3
Forum Member

Original Poster
[
Removed to prevent misunderstanding

Last edited by Pentax Lover; 10-28-2010 at 09:54 AM.
10-27-2010, 11:54 PM - 1 Like   #4

Photos: Albums
Pentax Lover,

Welcome - I joined yesterday. I'm like you in that I was drifting from Pentax until I got the goods on the K-5. Pentax is finally getting worthy of its historic reputation with this one.

10-28-2010, 12:13 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Photo1960 Quote
Pentax Lover,

Welcome - I joined yesterday. I'm like you in that I was drifting from Pentax until I got the goods on the K-5. Pentax is finally getting worthy of its historic reputation with this one.
Thanks for that coment Matee (an old Pirate term) you made me feel welcome already.
10-28-2010, 01:06 AM   #6
Inactive Account

This is of no big deal about d7k 100 images burst but .. i still remember in some post that shows that 100 image in burst burst mode of jpeg was only in 4mb size. and holding a shutter for more than 10 seconds is impractical. Don't you think that if K-5 sets at smaller size such as the d7k will also do the job ? (provided that sandisk extreme sdhc 30mb/s is in the slot)

...buaobao
10-28-2010, 05:58 AM   #7
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentax Lover Quote
thanks for the comment, but i believe this is in wrong thread, and should have been placed in "I have a question", but again thanks and no biggee
You do realize that Ole is one of the forum Administrators don't you? Nice of you to approve his post.

Mike
PF Moderation Team

10-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #8
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Ole Quote
Just a comment on the buffer: That is based on physical limitations. While a firmware upgrade might be able to optimize the image processing and write speed a bit it will not be significant and probably have no measurable impact on the number of shots that can be buffered.

I would think in a crunch one could shoot jpeg at a lower resolution and thus obtain more shots at the max fps.
thanks for the comment, but i believe this is in wrong thread, and should have been placed in "I have a question", but again thanks and no biggee
QuoteOriginally posted by MRRiley Quote
You do realize that Ole is one of the forum Administrators don't you? Nice of you to approve his post.

Mike
PF Moderation Team
It was good of you, though, to point out the part about his post belonging in another thread.
In deference to your concern about posts being in the proper place, I have moved this thread to its proper forum.
10-28-2010, 08:52 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I was a Member of PentaxForums at one time, and canceled because of interest in Nikon D7000
You do sound impulsive, I recommend a deep breath.
10-28-2010, 09:50 AM   #10
Forum Member

Original Poster
Folks I have two different threads, and they must each be lookedd and posted accordingly.

A misplaced comment here and there makes it no fun, so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before commenting
10-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Folks I have two different threads, and they must each be lookedd and posted accordingly.

A misplaced comment here and there makes it no fun, so PLEASE READ CAREFULLY before commenting
YOU mentioned the buffer in the opening post of this thread... so Ole's post regarding the buffer was 100% properly placed...
10-28-2010, 10:52 AM   #12
Veteran Member

Oh Lord.

Jason
10-28-2010, 11:04 AM - 1 Like   #13
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Jasvox Quote
Oh Lord.

Jason
Umm, are you sure this doesn't belong in the OTHER thread? Geez.
10-28-2010, 11:08 AM   #14
Veteran Member

Best thread ever.
10-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #15
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Which one?
Closed Thread