Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2011, 03:30 PM   #61
Veteran Member

I've now found that since using my K-5s for a few months it has got much easier to remover the cards. petnax should certainly look at improving the design of the card slot for the K-3 though

09-17-2011, 05:35 PM   #62
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Call me silly....but with mirrors flopping around like fish out of the water, cameras freezing like they were in a nitrogen bath, dials and buttons flying off like bottle rockets, dust littering the LCD like a sandstorm, flash overexposing like the light from a nuclear blast, and a few dozen other complaints being recorded here....I am grateful that all I can complain about is that my SD card does not eject itself automatically and load itself into my card reader. Like I said....call me silly......
Regards!
09-17-2011, 09:38 PM   #63

The card slot works fine if you let the spring do it's job unless it's a (no surprise here) QC issue or some sd cards differ which I doupt . If the card gets stuck ,just push it back a bit and let it pop out again without interrupting it's move.
Works always for me..

Last edited by stgeo; 09-18-2011 at 02:32 AM.
09-17-2011, 09:49 PM   #64

I feel better

Actually, once I found out that this is a common problem (design flaw), I felt better about my new camera. I was just originally worried that I had one that was somehow defective. Overall, so far, I am loving this camera.

09-17-2011, 09:57 PM   #65
Veteran Member

You can always order the special tool from the Pentax website......makes card removal a snap!
[IMG] [/IMG]
09-18-2011, 10:19 AM   #66

I apologise for the new separate thread i created a few minutes ago. so this thread answers my first question. other tips seems doesn't work
on my K5.
09-18-2011, 10:23 AM   #67
Veteran Member

So...you ordered the winch? Works wonders, in particular if there is a tree handy!

Regards!

09-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #68
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rusty89 Quote
(design flaw),
Just to clarify, this is not a "design flaw" with K5, it was not a "design flaw" with the K7 either. It is a "feature", to keep us from loosing the SD card under the couch. Stops unintentional launches, due to a clumsy operator.

Last edited by Ex Finn.; 09-18-2011 at 02:22 PM.
09-19-2011, 03:33 PM   #69
Inactive Account

I have had no trouble inserting / removing my Sandisk Extreme cards; fits snug but no hassles at all.
02-02-2012, 11:44 AM   #70
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
Does the trick for me

QuoteOriginally posted by telfish Quote
Never had a card stick in my k7 or k5. There is a knack to ejecting these cards. You press down with your finger nail and then quickly remove your nail to allow the spring to eject the card. Some cards will come right out of the camera and most will just pop up enough to remove easily. If you just allow the card to eject against finger pressure then it will sit low in the slot and be difficult to remove due to the card door being a tight fit.
This works for my brand new Pentax K-5. I almost had heart failure when I could barely get the Sandisk card out with pulling hard. Tried another Sandisk card, same thing. On my K-7 the card almost flies out.

But your suggestion works, though I have to really release the pressure very quickly.

After it was "almost" stuck the third time, I did a search and my reliable Pentax forum had the answer, thank you.

Sharon
02-02-2012, 12:01 PM   #71
Pentaxian

I have the same issue on my K-5. Never had a problem on the ist-d, DS, DL2, either of the K20's, K-X.....kinda-of-a-pain in the you know what....but I'm keeping it in perspective..

at least my lens release button is still attached.