QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
Hmm, that one I don't know. I can ask for you and update here
That would be very nice of you!

03-16-2011, 04:17 AM - 1 Like   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
That would be very nice of you!
Just called our local Pentax distributor about this. You have to pay your own shipping to send it over, the distributor will send the camera back to you at their own cost.
03-17-2011, 01:37 AM   #33
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
You have to pay your own shipping to send it over, the distributor will send the camera back to you at their own cost.
Thanks heaps for this, Frank (rep. awarded)!
Next time I'll use Singapore as stopover airport, I'll consider getting a K-5 from there.

Is there any chance to get a K-5 at the airport or nearby for this price or does one need to go to special places? No problem, if you don't know, of course.
03-17-2011, 04:17 AM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
Thanks heaps for this, Frank (rep. awarded)!
Next time I'll use Singapore as stopover airport, I'll consider getting a K-5 from there.

Is there any chance to get a K-5 at the airport or nearby for this price or does one need to go to special places? No problem, if you don't know, of course.
Sorry I really don't know the price at the airport, but by my experiences it'd be more expensive there even you can find one.

All the camera shops have the same price now for K5, if they are selling Pentax

11-14-2011, 03:07 PM   #35
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Update: I was in Singapore last week. I visited to several stores, none carried the K5. I only found one store at the airport (Terminal 1) that have it on display, sorry the did not jot down the price, could have been SGD1500 if I recall correctly.
11-14-2011, 04:33 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I'd suggest to just buy online (from Hong Kong). I used T-Dimension Pentax K-5 K5 Body [PT720394] - HKD $7,322.50 : T-Dimension, Your Online Store of DSLR, Digital Camera, Lens & Photography Accessories, K-5 body shipped to SYdney was $927 + $28 shipping. It was $915 end October. Shipping was very fast ordered and paid Friday, delivered Monday. No GST was levied by Customs as value was under A$1000.
11-14-2011, 05:02 PM   #37
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by song_hm Quote
Update: I was in Singapore last week. I visited to several stores, none carried the K5. I only found one store at the airport (Terminal 1) that have it on display, sorry the did not jot down the price, could have been SGD1500 if I recall correctly.
Perhaps you visited the wrong stores. There are ample stocks at the popular camera shops that local Pentax users frequent. Prices remain competitive with other countries.