Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-13-2010, 06:53 PM   #46
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Sorry, I have been away for a while (almost from K-5 announcement). May someone hint what are the (believed) bugs? A reference link will do as google didn't help much.

Thanks

11-13-2010, 07:00 PM   #47

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxor Quote
some reports were saying that the 7D isn't as good as the Pentax when it comes to WR inspite of how Canon marketed it to be WR. which raises the question of it really truly WR. that makes it flawed even worse (false advertising). I hope our friend in his lonesome blog would address it as well as this would affect Canon as well.

oh and the 5D MK II, eventhough I like it, moves like a turtle. would a $2500+ camera worthy of such price if it can't do better than it's APS-C counterparts?
Having shot side by side with a friend in a downpour, him with a 7d and me with my K7 I will say they are equal in the weather sealing department. No issues with either camera despite being doused for the better part of an hour.

The 5D MKII is more video camera than still camera. Most of the 5D users I know at least use it primarily for vids. Remember too that it is 2 years old, compare it against the K20d and it looks a lot better.
11-13-2010, 08:10 PM   #48
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Well the k-5 just dropped on amazon to 1,479 i think. Think I will wait t few more weeks and then if the sensor is as good as everyone says I'll buy. I can live with the other bugs.....