Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-19-2010, 05:39 PM   #151
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
HDMI output

I just got a link somewhere else on this site to the same issue with Canon.

Effective Pixels 101|SmallHD

So not a stand-alone-issue and it's good to adress it. It was stated that also EVF-manufactures are dealing with this issue since they also wil be using the same output.

I think it's good to put it on the list, even it will not be solved in the first firmware update coming to us.

11-19-2010, 11:07 PM - 1 Like   #152
Veteran Member

Original Poster
The original post has been updated. I've included a short list with the most popular, simple and sensical items (though not always all 3...). I'll ask Adam to forward this thread to Pentax. Falc, feel free to do the same : )

This doesn't mean this thread ends here. But I won't be updating the first from now on. Still, you can still post suggestions since Pentax might be looking beyond the first page!

EDIT: Adam will send the e-mail on monday, so that gives us 2 more days of submissions to be included on the first page : )

Last edited by kevinschoenmakers; 11-19-2010 at 11:43 PM.
11-20-2010, 04:30 AM   #153
Pentaxian

Just cross my fingers and hope for some nice gifts from Pentax in spring Firmware.
11-20-2010, 04:41 AM   #154
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
Adam will send the e-mail on monday, so that gives us 2 more days of submissions to be included on the first page : )
Thanks for your efforts!

Perhaps regarding the movie mode, it should be added that this should be an additional mode, as opposed to replace the current 25fps mode. I understand the latter is a better choice for countries with 50Hz lighting.

I personally cannot imagine that more than five shots for bracketing make any sense given the DR of the the K-5, but I'm not a HDR shooter so I'm not trying to change this item.

11-20-2010, 04:47 AM   #155
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kevinschoenmakers Quote
The original post has been updated. I've included a short list with the most popular, simple and sensical items (though not always all 3...). I'll ask Adam to forward this thread to Pentax. Falc, feel free to do the same : )
Kevin, IMHO you've done a great job to compile a short list here. Thanks for allowing me to forward the list to Pentax. However, I think that Adam is in a much better position to explain and communicate this to Pentax than me. I'm glad he agreed to do this for us
11-20-2010, 09:28 AM   #156
Veteran Member

It seems the point discussed here: Two K5 quirks I noticed, any other K5 owners notice these? (the one about display rotation) didn't make it to the list?
11-20-2010, 09:48 AM   #157
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by PhilippeG Quote
It seems the point discussed here: Two K5 quirks I noticed, any other K5 owners notice these? (the one about display rotation) didn't make it to the list?
Included as #24 if I'm not mistaken.
11-20-2010, 10:51 AM   #158
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Included as #24 if I'm not mistaken.
Oh. Oops. I looked at the wrong category, sorry.

11-20-2010, 03:12 PM   #159
Pentaxian

HDMI output

I just got a short reaction from Pentax France, wich also is the host for Pentax in Europe on my video. So that's great that it is in the picture. Now just waiting for a solution.
11-20-2010, 09:00 PM   #160

Photos: Albums
The problem I see with removing the 30s exposure length limit in other modes (as suggested by Falk) is that what if you accidentally press the button not realising that at the current settings the exposure is set for 5 minutes?!!!

For example, you have ISO set to 80 (whereas you normally set it to auto). You whip your camera from the bag in a dark room to capture a fleeting moment, press the shutter without looking at the settings.... and end up with a brick for 5 minutes and a totally useless exposure!

What could you do? Maybe turn it off mid-exposure, but to my mind that's far from ideal!

The other thing i can see that's not on the list is something I read about in (i think it was the neocamera) review www.neocamera.com/review.php?id=245 is that the liveview doesn't show an accurate representation of what the final exposure will look like. Particularly the histograms.
11-20-2010, 10:27 PM   #161
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by secateurs Quote
The problem I see with removing the 30s exposure length limit in other modes (as suggested by Falk) is that what if you accidentally press the button not realising that at the current settings the exposure is set for 5 minutes?!!!
Valid question. Maybe, a second shutter press should cancel the exposure then.

Another problem is that top LCD and VF cannot diplay larger than 99s. In excess of this, they could display ++ and the rear LCD displays the full length which then serves as a timer counting down to zero. Combine with shutter press to cancel and you have an implementation which takes all current feature ideas into account.
11-21-2010, 04:19 AM   #162
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
Valid question. Maybe, a second shutter press Another problem is that top LCD and VF cannot diplay larger than 99s. In excess of this, they could display ++ and the rear LCD displays the full length which then serves as a timer counting down to zero. Combine with shutter press to cancel and you have an implementation which takes all current feature ideas into account.
Or make 99 seconds the new maximum before going into long exposure mode.

Stoping an exposure with a second press is a bit tricky. When you make some shots with longer shuttertime (in seconds and longer) you would be able to stop it by accident.
11-21-2010, 06:35 AM   #163
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Or make 99 seconds the new maximum before going into long exposure mode.

Stoping an exposure with a second press is a bit tricky. When you make some shots with longer shuttertime (in seconds and longer) you would be able to stop it by accident.
Maybe. But there's already a long exposure mode behaving exactly like this, i.e. stopped by a 2nd press: video exposure.
11-21-2010, 06:53 AM   #164

Am I to late?

AF Fine Adjustment: more steps to set. from -30 / +30
11-21-2010, 07:57 AM   #165
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by eigelb Quote
Am I to late?

AF Fine Adjustment: more steps to set. from -30 / +30
You're not

(As I've read people complaining about this elsewhere, and would quite like this myself as well, I'll even add it to the short list.)