Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by QFish Quote
they do not even have this option for 645d ha, ha
It's in the works: 645D : Products : PENTAX
11-22-2010, 12:29 AM   #169

Haven't seen this mentioned above, so..

I was a bit surprised to find that Info Screen color scheme is not saved with USER modes. It would be handy to know which of the 5 modes you are in, just by the color scheme.

Also, custom button mappings (indeed all settings) should revert back to what it was prior to entering user mode, when you exit the user mode.. On mine (V1.01), I have shutter half-press disabled in one of my user modes, but it stays disabled when I exit to P, Av or other modes.. Mind you, some other settings seem to revert correctly, so this could be a bug?

11-22-2010, 05:59 AM   #170
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I would like to make use of program-line options in other modes than P and Sv. Most annoying is that program-line options do not work very well in Hyper-P because as soon as you switch to Hyper-Av or Hyper-Tv the program-line option is disabled. So program-line options are not very usable in other cases than using P-mode with P-shift or Sv-mode.

I would also like a "SR program-line" that selects shutter speed based on 2 steps slower that 1/focal length. If combining this with slow/normal/fast auto-ISO it would select shutter speed of:

- SR program-line with normal auto-ISO selects shutter speed of 2 steps slower than 1/focal length.
- SR program-line with slow auto-ISO selects shutter speed of 3 steps slower than 1/focal length.
- SR program-line with fast auto-ISO selects shutter speed of 1 steps slower than 1/focal length.

To make it complete it would be nice with an option to make Fx-button a shortcut to PL-options.
11-22-2010, 07:29 AM   #171

So, I was thinking, what could be interesting and be a specialite de la maison for K-5. And I found something.So, Backround for Idea - our pentax have Bayer type sensor, so it have filter's on each pixels.

I Suggest to add two option.
first: true B&W without AA filtering and color signal only EV of every pixel. In that mode we will get 3x more resolution theoretically but I don't know how it will work in reality.

Second: 3 in 1 B&W. After shot, 3 RAW will be written, for channels of RGB from one type of pixels. So we will get 1/3 of 16MP for each RAW but sometimes it could be worth.
11-22-2010, 09:48 PM   #172
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
FYI these points have been forwarded to Pentax. Hopefully some of these things are considered!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-23-2010, 08:35 AM   #173
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Do you know if Pentax is also aware of the overexposure problem with indirect flash? It is discussed here.
I hope this is fixed soon, since I use indirect flash often.
11-23-2010, 03:40 PM   #174
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
first: true B&W without AA filtering and color signal only EV of every pixel. In that mode we will get 3x more resolution theoretically but I don't know how it will work in reality.
Do you realise that this cannot be done by changing the firmware?

What you suggest is only possible by physically removing the colour filters in front of the sensels on the sensor. So it is a hardware request and I doubt that Pentax will ever sell a pure B&W camera.

BTW, the resolution increase would be 2x the most (it is measured in a linear manner) but less than that in reality because modern demosaicing algorithms are able to restore some of the resolution loss by cross-referencing other colour channels (put simply). This works fine for most images and only in pathological cases you could detect that some of the resolution isn't real but had been reconstructed.

QuoteOriginally posted by PiotrKrochmal Quote
Second: 3 in 1 B&W. After shot, 3 RAW will be written, for channels of RGB from one type of pixels. So we will get 1/3 of 16MP for each RAW but sometimes it could be worth.
Would would be the application for that? Also you could emulate it by just throwing away the colour channels you don't need.
11-26-2010, 01:47 PM   #175

Photos: Gallery
My first impression :

1) Tethering
2) Mirror lock-up in interval shots
3) Permit interval shots in user profil

Last edited by cdorbell; 11-29-2010 at 12:45 PM.
11-27-2010, 03:15 AM   #176
Pentaxian

Okay, here's one I thought of today - how about a built-in dof calculator? Not sure how it would work, but with that screen on the back there's plenty of real estate. Maybe set the aperture, camera knows focal length - calculate dof and show it plus hyperfocal distance. Would save carrying around charts or your own separate calculator.
I really like this idea - should be simple enough yes?

Plus, none of the other makes do it, another first for Pentax! Way more useful than those "filters".
11-27-2010, 01:43 PM   #177
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
...how about a built-in dof calculator?
I like the idea but unfortunately the camera only has a very rough idea about the subject distance, if at all.

Showing the hyperfocal distance is an option but I doubt we'll see it because of the apparent trend to omit distance scales on lenses.

P.S.: Fully agree about the filters.
11-27-2010, 06:09 PM   #178
Forum Member

maybe someone said it before - thread is too long to got through it...

- auto-rotation of the 4-way-switch functions in portrait mode. Info menu is auto-rotated so why not the others (incl. picture review mode).

- enable wireless mode for internal flash in 3sec-remote-shooting mode (w/o 3sec-delay, wireless works).
11-28-2010, 12:40 AM   #179
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I like the idea but unfortunately the camera only has a very rough idea about the subject distance, if at all.
I didn't think it did so a method of inputting them is required, one of the edials most probably.

It just seems so simple, like the way they put a calculator in anything and everything these days.
11-30-2010, 06:54 AM   #180

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote

Showing the hyperfocal distance is an option but I doubt we'll see it because of the apparent trend to omit distance scales on lenses.
It would indeed just be an option to show it because the camera already calculates the hyperfocal distance! It's present in the Exif data.