Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-23-2011, 07:26 AM   #256
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
OK, here is one that I haven't seen mentioned:

Remove the 4gb video file size limitation when using SDXC cards.

The only reason I can think of that this limitation exists is because the FAT32 file system used in SDHC and earlier cards tops out at that file size. The exFAT filesystem used in SDXC cards tops out at 16 exabytes! So why am I still limited to 5 minute files at 1080p/25fps/***?

Yes, manual video controls would be great too, but who knows when or if we will ever see those. This fix would be much more trivial to implement, and I can't for the life of me understand why it was overlooked when SDXC support was added to the firmware a few releases ago.

06-23-2011, 08:19 AM   #257

thats not the real reason, with file sizes >4gb it is a Video-Camera and then they have to apply other regulations.
06-23-2011, 12:48 PM   #258

I believe the vid vs camera rule is in EU only - at 30min limit... extra taxes and whatnot for video. Too bad Pentax is going the cheesy way and releasing only 1 firmware globally instead of one for just EU that limits clip length. Right now a 4gb 1080p clip doesn't come close to the limit. Panasonic at least will span files to keep recording past 4gb. And they have EU specific firmware so we in the states don't have to suffer from someone else's silly regulations.

But then again at 1080p and with the rear screen active I'd wager that the sensor will overheat way before we can capture a full 30min clip anyway. Look at all the Sony a55 overheat issues.
07-23-2011, 04:56 AM   #259
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Ash Quote
After switching the power on again the USER mode returns to the last selected preset setting for me.
True. I am not sure if this is what the other poster meant, but; in user mode, if you alter any settings (like ISO for example) but do not want them saved permanently to the 'user' setting...when the camera goes into standby it will forget any changes the user made when it wakes up again.
It doesn't do this in any mode except 'user' afaik, It's fairly annoying, and not what I would call expected behavior.
QuoteOriginally posted by starstuff Quote
It's an old thread, but now that many of you have used the camera for a longer time maybe you have a different wish-list?
One I thought of a while back:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-5-forum/151822-wishlist-addition...ml#post1577819

Also I would definitely want an option for the RAW button that just allowed it to be disabled. It's annoying to accidentally press when in some modes I just want it to do nothing.
Right now I have it bound to GPS, which naturally has the desired effect and does nothing because I don't have a GPS unit, but the ability to disable it would be great.

Last edited by BETLOG; 07-23-2011 at 05:07 AM.
07-24-2011, 06:44 AM   #260
Forum Member

This is a bit odd, but it seems like it would be useful:
A "digital filter" that can overlay a digital clock style date/time onto the JPG image, with options for the format.
08-04-2011, 08:14 AM   #261
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
- live-view focus peeking!!!!: in live view MF, in focus areas are highlighted. (only reason I have canon envy)
- DoF/fstop bracketing
- shutter speed bracketing
- Calibrate electronic level
- Update in-viewfinder meter when changing ISO.
Now that Sony has implemented focus peaking, I'd just like to reiterate this. MF users are raving about focus peaking in everyday shooting.