Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-15-2010, 02:22 PM   #121

Photos: Albums
Not sure whether this is incorporated already, but:

QuoteOriginally posted by bats Quote
When shooting long exposures in Bulb Mode... display a timer (counter) on the LCD screen to let you know how many seconds have passed

11-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #122

QuoteOriginally posted by secateurs Quote
If you just want to take 2 shots you can use 2 shot bracketing and set the 2 points wherever you want them.
You can't set them more than 2EV apart, so [-2,+2] isn't possible.
11-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Okay, so, where are we now?

I can make a detailed explanation of my proposals, for the final vote...
With screenshots, buttons functions, and so on...
11-17-2010, 04:07 PM   #124
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by dlacouture Quote
Okay, so, where are we now?

I can make a detailed explanation of my proposals, for the final vote...
With screenshots, buttons functions, and so on...
I've been a bit busy lately. I'll get around to updating this afternoon.

11-17-2010, 11:40 PM   #125

I really really would like a timer (second counter) to show on the LCD when I am shooting in Bulb mode... so I don't have to pull out a stopwatch or my cell phone to time my shots. I'm pretty accurate when I count slowly but sometimes people distract me with conversation and lose track of where I was.
11-18-2010, 03:43 AM   #126
Veteran Member

I really really would like a timer (second counter) to show on the LCD when I am shooting in Bulb mode... so I don't have to pull out a stopwatch or my cell phone to time my shots. I'm pretty accurate when I count slowly but sometimes people distract me with conversation and lose track of where I was.
That's a strange wish.
Did nobody notice that there's absolutely no reason for a 30s limit on exp. times with an all digital camera? Rather than a timer, you want the 30s limit lifted, at least im M mode and at least as far as the Info screen is concerned. No problem not to show the exp. time in VF and top LCD if longer than 30s. Better yet, an option to dial in exp. time in B mode using the Info screen and a user interface like the clock settings.
11-18-2010, 06:02 AM   #127
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
That's a strange wish.
Did nobody notice that there's absolutely no reason for a 30s limit on exp. times with an all digital camera? Rather than a timer, you want the 30s limit lifted, at least im M mode and at least as far as the Info screen is concerned. No problem not to show the exp. time in VF and top LCD if longer than 30s. Better yet, an option to dial in exp. time in B mode using the Info screen and a user interface like the clock settings.
No, I'm pretty sure that what he wants is a timer. At least that's what he said, and what his explanation supports.

11-18-2010, 06:08 AM   #128
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
No, I'm pretty sure that what he wants is a timer. At least that's what he said, and what his explanation supports.
Parallax, gimme a break or give up your moderator job.
11-18-2010, 06:27 AM   #129
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Not trying to bust your chops, Falk. The OP said what he wanted and you told him he was wrong and that that wasn't what he wanted. Just expressing my opinion as to the accuracy of your post as you were expressing yours regarding the accuracy of his.
It was your apparent opinion that he either doesn't know what he wants, or is incapable of expressing it accurately. It is my opinion that he meant what he wrote.
11-18-2010, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #130

Bats asked for a timer/second counter and I think Falk understood that, but Falk argued that it would be more useful too just be able to dial in the exposure time. I agree to this and I bet Bats would do so too as he uses his cell phone to time his shots. Being able to enter the exposure time directly on the camera is easier and more precise than using a separate timer. The counter, or maybe count-down timer, would still be useful to see how far you are with your exposure though.

I'd like to request both features
11-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #131
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Just expressing my opinion as to the accuracy of your post as you were expressing yours regarding the accuracy of his.
As everybody else seems to have easily grasped, I just tried to take up on his idea and improve on it.

You however, are just on a personal crusage against me. And only so.

You're now on my ignore list and should you ever abuse your Moderator role to act on any of my posts I will have to complain about you.

QuoteQuote:
Sorry Parallax is a moderator/admin and you are not allowed to ignore him or her.
So, I'll have to complain immediately.

Last edited by Bramela; 11-18-2010 at 11:49 AM.
11-18-2010, 11:50 AM   #132
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteQuote:
As everybody else seems to have easily grasped,
Everybody???? I see only 1 reply from Beau at this time!

Just to make a point.
11-18-2010, 12:55 PM   #133
Banned

HDMI output

I would like to have Pentax to make an adjustment to the output true the HDMI cable for using a Field Monitor. At the moment in LiveView its fine, and replaying a movie is also good. But in recording the output is squeesd for making space for the info of the camera-settings and that way it is not handy for turning on the ring on the lens to focus on some other point in the scene.

Here's a little test so you can see what I mean.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdLILkmN94o[/YT]
11-18-2010, 05:53 PM   #134
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Bramela Quote
Everybody???? I see only 1 reply from Beau at this time!
Bramela, fair enough. BTW, this is why I wrote "seems" ...

After Parallax spreads the idea that I only want to criticize other people's ideas and that my posts should be read with a negative interpretation in mind, I agree, it may have been less obvious to see.

I'd like to remind what I actually tried to achieve in my first post where it actually all started. I tried to turn a shopping list where "everything goes" into a moderated "short list" of a few points which do really matter to us and which may be worth to communicate. And to avoid any misunderstanding, not my list. I just tried to help (and not only talk) and propose a first iteration to such a short list. This effort was then made impossible by Parallax. I've no problem with that, YMMV. But I don't want to be bashed for trying to help.

Back to the bulb mode timer. I think it is pretty obvious that a wish for a timer should be accompanied by a wish for programmable bulb time. What I expressed. That a moderator finds a way to criticize me for this is astonishing. He seems always to find a way to read negative things into stuff I say. Fine, but then he's to leave his moderator status.

Last edited by falconeye; 11-18-2010 at 06:12 PM.
11-18-2010, 06:14 PM   #135
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A programmable bulb timer would be a great tool... but I can see the use for a timer as well. A timer would allow you to stop or lengthen the exposure at will if lighting conditions began to change during the exposure. This would be more difficult if you were restricted to a "programmed" length of time.

This is what I believe Bats was referring to when he asked for a timer...

Mike